Warriors to limit lament of tough los...

Warriors to limit lament of tough loss - Hawaii Sports

There are 16 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 21, 2009, titled Warriors to limit lament of tough loss - Hawaii Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A one-point loss naturally leads to thoughts of what might have been. Another play here, perhaps a break there, and the outcome could have swung the other way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

From the mainland

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Sep 21, 2009
This shows the warriors and their coaches are still not focused on the game. It seems they still do not have the discipline of a winner, and are still mediocre at best.
The warriors need to stay focused through the entire game and if they don't, its going to be a long season.
"A loss is a loss, no excuses"
Desert Rat

Amman, Jordan

#2 Sep 21, 2009
I would like to read that Hawaii rushed for 90 yards or more for the game. UNLV rushed for 120 yards to Hawaii's 38 yards. And they controlled the game in the second half. You can write what you want about how many yards Alexander passes for the season, but only after Hawaii posts a 9-4 or even an 8-5 season record. Otherwise, who cares how many yards Alexander passes for if Hawaii posts a 6-7 record or worse.
cuttlefish

Honolulu, HI

#3 Sep 21, 2009
The next 5 games our going to show what kind of team this is!
12 minutes

Honolulu, HI

#4 Sep 21, 2009
Limit the lament???
They need to always remember this game and how it got away from them.

“s'up”

Since: Sep 07

Davis, CA now King City, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2009
Desert Rat wrote:
I would like to read that Hawaii rushed for 90 yards or more for the game. UNLV rushed for 120 yards to Hawaii's 38 yards. And they controlled the game in the second half. You can write what you want about how many yards Alexander passes for the season, but only after Hawaii posts a 9-4 or even an 8-5 season record. Otherwise, who cares how many yards Alexander passes for if Hawaii posts a 6-7 record or worse.
The only stat you need to know. Where was the UH defense in the 4th quarter.

The Rebels' performance on third downs added to the wear on the Warriors defense. UNLV went 10-for-16 on third-down situations, converting all six in their final three scoring drives. The winning touchdown came on third and goal from the 15.
maui the demigod

Haiku, HI

#6 Sep 21, 2009
Until the 'bows get defensive backs that are bigger than six feet tall every team we face will throw the jump ball to their 6'4'' receiver. Our smaller d.b.'s need to preform the "ka-toosh" on their receivers on every pass play!
808Warrior

Honolulu, HI

#7 Sep 21, 2009
Tough loss yes but I was pretty impressed at how well UH moved the ball. And remember that we have NO returning starters on defense playing against the best team UNLV has had in a long time, with UH on the road for back to back games. I thought the Warriors did some really good things that can be built upon. We're a lot better than where we were at this point last year. I see a promising season.
go figgah

Honolulu, HI

#8 Sep 21, 2009
Gotta complain about one of the Warrior's parental unit. She yelled at my cousins and friends who go to UNLV but were wearing their UH shirts, she swore at them and told them to pick a side cause you cannot cheer for both. What happened to her ALOHA, these kids go away to school but still love the school their parents went to Mrs. Kia you need to apologize for your behavior.
Wacked

Honolulu, HI

#9 Sep 21, 2009
Defense sucks!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Honolulu, HI

#10 Sep 21, 2009
maui the demigod wrote:
Until the 'bows get defensive backs that are bigger than six feet tall every team we face will throw the jump ball to their 6'4'' receiver. Our smaller d.b.'s need to preform the "ka-toosh" on their receivers on every pass play!
I'm getting a little tired of these types of comments. Check every roster in Div 1, and even in the pros, and you'll notice that corners are almost all in the 5'9" to 6'0" rage. This is not just UH. Why? Because the corner position demands extreme quickness and agility (they have to react and recover against the fastest guys on the other team). The taller you are, the less agile and quick. Yes, there are some of those guys out there, but they being recruited by the USC's of the world. Our guys were in perfect position on those jump balls. The Quarterback had to make a perfect pass, and he did. That is life!
awoia

Honolulu, HI

#11 Sep 21, 2009
I agree to some extent. If you get two scores over a 5'7" guy then at least take him out from the red zone coverage and put in a taller person. It was too obvious my 9th grader couldn't call the D on this one. You don't need that much speed in the red zone, just need good coverage.
trigeek wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm getting a little tired of these types of comments. Check every roster in Div 1, and even in the pros, and you'll notice that corners are almost all in the 5'9" to 6'0" rage. This is not just UH. Why? Because the corner position demands extreme quickness and agility (they have to react and recover against the fastest guys on the other team). The taller you are, the less agile and quick. Yes, there are some of those guys out there, but they being recruited by the USC's of the world. Our guys were in perfect position on those jump balls. The Quarterback had to make a perfect pass, and he did. That is life!

Honolulu, HI

#12 Sep 21, 2009
Corner is the most difficult position to play. There is no room for error. You screw up one way and you get flagged for interference, you screw up another way and the other teams scores. I don't know a single team anywhere that carries a group of guys on their roster that are just trained to be tall in the red zone. Speed is not the factor, it is all about quickness. Again, please check pro rosters and see how small corners in the NFL are. Our guys had perfect coverage, which required that the QB make a perfect throw. The only real defense in this situation is pressure on the QB. Greater pressure reduces his chance for the perfect throw. If any of those passes would have been a little off, they would have been intercepted and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Face facts.. sometimes, no matter how good you play, you lose the game. Our guys played their hearts out.
flyinghawaiian21

Clearwater, FL

#13 Sep 21, 2009
Relax, it was an exciting game. That's what it is, a "GAME". The main thing is that both sides played hard. Offense looks exciting, Defense was one dropped interception away from doing the job. People need to relax and just enjoy the entertainment and appreciate the Warriors efforts. Apparently, alot of critics never played Div 1 football, just making the team is an accomplishment, give them respect.

Honolulu, HI

#14 Sep 21, 2009
I agree with "FlyingHawaiian21". No matter how upset you get about a loss, when you wake up the next morning, the sun is still shining, and the sky is still blue. If you are not stupid enough to bet on college games, you can recover from losses quite nicely.

UH plays and extremely exciting brand of Football. I can remember in my college days spent in the Big Ten, we had a ton of games that ended 7-3. I don't care how many people say they enjoy a defensive struggle, the fact is, they are absolutely no fun to sit through. It's no wonder we all drank heavily in those days.
kailuaboys

AOL

#15 Sep 21, 2009
maui the demigod wrote:
They're not 'bows. They're Warriors!
kailuaballs

AOL

#16 Sep 21, 2009
Willy loves the Warriors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News UNLV eliminated from NCAA Tournament after loss... (Mar '11) Mar '13 Anon 2
News Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
News VU's center of attention (May '09) Dec '12 Andrew 2
News No. 14 UNLV defeats New Mexico 80-63 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 2
News No. 21 UNLV beats Louisiana-Monroe 81-63 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News UNLV knocks off No. 1 North Carolina, 90-80 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
More from around the web