Former Unlv RB Summers signs contract with Steelers

Jun 15, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Las Vegs Sun

The day after completing spring practice, the Pittsburgh Steelers signed three of their 2009 draft picks, including former UNLV running back Frank Summers, who the defending Super Bowl champs selected in the fifth round in April.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2009

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#1 Jun 15, 2009
Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank!

LET'S GO STEELERS! LET'S GO SIXBURGH!! CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!!
Frank The Slow Tank

AOL

#2 Jun 16, 2009
Never heard of him.
NY Giant Failures

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 16, 2009
This guy is a wrecking machine at 5-10 / 230. Excellent addition to the World Champs. I can see why the AOL Ravens fans are worried.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#4 Jun 17, 2009
NY Giant Failures wrote:
This guy is a wrecking machine at 5-10 / 230. Excellent addition to the World Champs. I can see why the AOL Ravens fans are worried.
the word is that his numbers are slanted up and down...he's actually 5'9" maybe shorter and weighs closer to 240-245...in an interview he said, "I like weighing 243, at 243 I feel fast" which leads me to believe he's more of a tank than they have listed. Another great stat is in two years at UNLV with over 240 touches (runs and receptions) The Tank has 0 fumbles...the dude doesn't let go of the ball...maybe him bench pressing 225 30 times has something to do with that.

here's a great link to his pro day...didn't get a combine invite.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/mar/06/s...
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#5 Jun 17, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
the word is that his numbers are slanted up and down...he's actually 5'9" maybe shorter and weighs closer to 240-245...in an interview he said, "I like weighing 243, at 243 I feel fast" which leads me to believe he's more of a tank than they have listed. Another great stat is in two years at UNLV with over 240 touches (runs and receptions) The Tank has 0 fumbles...the dude doesn't let go of the ball...maybe him bench pressing 225 30 times has something to do with that.
here's a great link to his pro day...didn't get a combine invite.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/mar/06/s...
You got to love Pittsburgh. This guy is a folk hero already and he hasn't even had a carry in pads. I hope Frank the Tank knows how lucky he is to have landed in a town that worships its short-yardage specialists!
JawJackr

Delmar, NY

#6 Jun 25, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
You got to love Pittsburgh. This guy is a folk hero already and he hasn't even had a carry in pads. I hope Frank the Tank knows how lucky he is to have landed in a town that worships its short-yardage specialists!
I can't wait to see him in action. Any word on how he looked at the OTAs?

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#7 Jun 25, 2009
JawJackr wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't wait to see him in action. Any word on how he looked at the OTAs?
IIRC there wasn't a lot of info except he appeared a little soft in the body which is what most big backs are. lol ! C'Mon 7!

STEELERS ROCK !!!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#8 Jun 25, 2009
Bill in Cranberry wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC there wasn't a lot of info except he appeared a little soft in the body which is what most big backs are. lol ! C'Mon 7!
STEELERS ROCK !!!
Bettis looked soft in the body too. lol! as long as they don't let go of the ball and keep moving forward we'll take a "soft" appearance. let's go SIXBURGH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UNLV eliminated from NCAA Tournament after loss... (Mar '11) Mar '13 Anon 2
Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
VU's center of attention (May '09) Dec '12 Andrew 2
No. 14 UNLV defeats New Mexico 80-63 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 2
No. 21 UNLV beats Louisiana-Monroe 81-63 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 1
UNLV knocks off No. 1 North Carolina, 90-80 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
UNLV stuns top-ranked North Carolina in Las Veg... (Nov '11) Nov '11 say who?? 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••