Summers gets 'A' from NFL

Summers gets 'A' from NFL

There are 18 comments on the Ledger Dispatch story from Apr 30, 2009, titled Summers gets 'A' from NFL. In it, Ledger Dispatch reports that:

FRANK SUMMERS' path to the NFL was full of potholes, detours and roadblocks, but with the same punishing determination that made him something of a YouTube legend, "The Tank" plowed through all the obstacles to achieve his lifelong goal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ledger Dispatch.

Qball

Baldwin, MD

#1 Apr 30, 2009
Here ya go Bob!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#2 Apr 30, 2009
Qball wrote:
Here ya go Bob!
thanks man.

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#3 Apr 30, 2009
Yep...The Tank is my favorite draft pick for '09. Hopefully we can get him on the field this year and see what he can do. Particularly in a Ravens game. I envision him running through the left tackle/left guard (whomever they are next year), and this time, breaking Ray-Ray's shoulder as he tries to tackle him. Then, after a 5 yard pickup, he trots back to the sideline and gives Mendenhall a high-five.
Qball

Finksburg, MD

#4 Apr 30, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
Yep...The Tank is my favorite draft pick for '09. Hopefully we can get him on the field this year and see what he can do. Particularly in a Ravens game. I envision him running through the left tackle/left guard (whomever they are next year), and this time, breaking Ray-Ray's shoulder as he tries to tackle him. Then, after a 5 yard pickup, he trots back to the sideline and gives Mendenhall a high-five.
Ravens DL should be tougher next year with Kelly Gregg coming back to join Ngata in the middle.
That might be a nice collision with Tank and Ngata, I give it to Ngata, love that guy!

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#5 Apr 30, 2009
Frank's to the Steelers now what McClain was to the Ravens in '08, imho.
Qball

Finksburg, MD

#6 Apr 30, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
Frank's to the Steelers now what McClain was to the Ravens in '08, imho.
McClain's got him by about 20 pounds, if Tank plays like him, you guys got a good late pick.

Do you remember Don Nottingham?
Wasn't he called "The Human Bowling Ball" ?
He was listed at only 210.

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#7 Apr 30, 2009
Qball wrote:
<quoted text>
McClain's got him by about 20 pounds, if Tank plays like him, you guys got a good late pick.
Do you remember Don Nottingham?
Wasn't he called "The Human Bowling Ball" ?
He was listed at only 210.
A little before my time, but I remember seeing him on a Top 10 NFL Network segment. Had to look him up in google.'77 Dolphins, right? If only 210 lbs packs could do today, what they did 30 years ago.

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#8 Apr 30, 2009
Wow...was looking up his stats. Check this out. In 8 years of pro football, which included 78 games...NO FUMBLES...0...Zilch. Amazing.
Qball

Finksburg, MD

#9 Apr 30, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
A little before my time, but I remember seeing him on a Top 10 NFL Network segment. Had to look him up in google.'77 Dolphins, right? If only 210 lbs packs could do today, what they did 30 years ago.
Nottingham was drafted in the 17th round of the 1971 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Colts, the next-to-the-last player picked. He was traded to the Phins in '73
Qball

Finksburg, MD

#10 Apr 30, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
Wow...was looking up his stats. Check this out. In 8 years of pro football, which included 78 games...NO FUMBLES...0...Zilch. Amazing.
I'm seeing that he fumbled 18 times in 611 carries and 67 rec.

He was drafted #441 ... that had to be some long drafts ... lol

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#11 Apr 30, 2009
Qball wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm seeing that he fumbled 18 times in 611 carries and 67 rec.
He was drafted #441 ... that had to be some long drafts ... lol
Hmmm...nfl.com stats incomplete? Impossible! 17 rounds. Damn. I have trouble staying awake through 7.

Since: Apr 08

Omaha, NE

#13 May 1, 2009
You're a raven's fan...So, I should hate you no matter what. But I don't. Dude, you're pissing me off. I don't like meeting a Ravens fan that's knowledgeable. It means that maybe their front office is as well. And I can't have that. Could pick ups this year tho.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#14 May 1, 2009
Qball wrote:
<quoted text>
Ravens DL should be tougher next year with Kelly Gregg coming back to join Ngata in the middle.
That might be a nice collision with Tank and Ngata, I give it to Ngata, love that guy!
Of course Ngata would have to deal with the guard first. Kemoeatu is a freekin road grader. The battles will be glorious this fall.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#15 May 1, 2009
Qball wrote:
<quoted text>
McClain's got him by about 20 pounds, if Tank plays like him, you guys got a good late pick.
Do you remember Don Nottingham?
Wasn't he called "The Human Bowling Ball" ?
He was listed at only 210.
mcclain is 260 but also 6 feet tall. the tank is only 5'9" and 240...he's more like Jones-Drew plus 30 pounds...those short guys are hidden by the lineman. I hope he runs like mcclain that guy had a good year. He put the ball on the ground a bit though didn't he? Still he's a pro bowler.
Qball

United States

#16 May 1, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
mcclain is 260 but also 6 feet tall. the tank is only 5'9" and 240...he's more like Jones-Drew plus 30 pounds...those short guys are hidden by the lineman. I hope he runs like mcclain that guy had a good year. He put the ball on the ground a bit though didn't he? Still he's a pro bowler.
2008 stats for McClain

GP Att Yds Avg TDs Fum
16 232 902 3.9 10 4

I remember him fumbling on an important drive in the playoffs and the ball bounced right to Mason, I think he thanked Mason a bunch for that ... lol
Qball

United States

#17 May 1, 2009
LZ-Steel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...nfl.com stats incomplete? Impossible! 17 rounds. Damn. I have trouble staying awake through 7.
This site's better ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players...
Qball

United States

#18 May 1, 2009

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#19 May 1, 2009
Qball wrote:
Thanks, pilgrim. This will come in handy as well during fantasy football season. Excellent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News UNLV eliminated from NCAA Tournament after loss... (Mar '11) Mar '13 Anon 2
News Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
News VU's center of attention (May '09) Dec '12 Andrew 2
News No. 14 UNLV defeats New Mexico 80-63 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 2
News No. 21 UNLV beats Louisiana-Monroe 81-63 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News UNLV knocks off No. 1 North Carolina, 90-80 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
More from around the web