Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 5...

Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45

There are 24 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

J.R. Giddens had 17 points and 15 rebounds in what was likely his final homecourt appearance, lifting New Mexico to a 59-45 win over UNLV tonight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pin

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2008
go lobos, over 18,000 tonight,every home game should be like this.
Gordy Hart

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Mar 5, 2008
So what. The Lobos suck and Alford is nothing but a carpet bagger. He will leave us the minute a real program comes calling.
scooby

United States

#4 Mar 5, 2008
go lobos!
Lobo H8ter

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Mar 5, 2008
No real program wants Alford. They know he can't coach at the next level. He destroyed Iowa. Hey Alford don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Pierre Pierce

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Mar 5, 2008
Ah man why are you all down on coach? He let me play even though I committed crimes all the time. Leave the coach alone. There are other convicts waiting to committ to come play for the lobos.
JeroMe_930

United States

#7 Mar 5, 2008
Pierre Pierce wrote:
Ah man why are you all down on coach? He let me play even though I committed crimes all the time. Leave the coach alone. There are other convicts waiting to committ to come play for the lobos.
people saying alford isn't doing a great job, turning a lobo team who finished dead last in 2007 into a post-season team, are just trying to waste time and get attention.
what the coach has done in the short time he has been at new mexico is getting noticed all around the country, and if you don't believe it, just google alford's name.
and yes, alford will be back next year--as witnessed by 18000 fans in the pit last night.
JeroMe_930

United States

#8 Mar 5, 2008
check out this article by ESPN's andy katz:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook...
Lobo H8ter

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Mar 5, 2008
JeroMe ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I got some ocean front property to sell you vato esse.....What a tool! Lobos suck Alford sucks Giddens sucks....
Andrew Kerse

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Mar 5, 2008
I am not a fan of the Lobos. They are weak.
mad

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Mar 5, 2008
Whoopee...JR Giddens played well last night. Too bad he couldn't play at a real school. Well done, KU reject!
Paul Johnson

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Mar 5, 2008
Giddens is a thug which is why he got kicked off a class school at Kansas. Alford has no morals which is why Giddens is playing for the Lobos. Go look into Alford and the Pierre Pierce case. He will ruin our beloved Lobo program.
Rip MacEntire

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Mar 6, 2008
The Lobos record is deceiving. They did not play anyone all year so I don't think they get in based on a poor opponent list.
JeroMe_930

United States

#16 Mar 6, 2008
mad wrote:
Whoopee...JR Giddens played well last night. Too bad he couldn't play at a real school. Well done, KU reject!
to say giddens couldn't play at a "real" school because he's a thug (which i don't disagree with) is to say there are no thugs at "real" schools--and i know you wouldn't argue something that dumb.

as for giddens and nba--we'll see if he's got what it takes to play in the league. he's got work to do if he's gonna be productive at that level.
mad

Rio Rancho, NM

#17 Mar 6, 2008
JeroMe_930 wrote:
<quoted text>
to say giddens couldn't play at a "real" school because he's a thug (which i don't disagree with) is to say there are no thugs at "real" schools--and i know you wouldn't argue something that dumb.
as for giddens and nba--we'll see if he's got what it takes to play in the league. he's got work to do if he's gonna be productive at that level.
I never once said Giddens was a thug. You need to read what I wrote again. I called him a reject because he couldn't hack it at KU. At KU he was a head case and a streaky shooter that wouldn't drive to the hoop. He never amounted to squat at Kansas.
JeroMe_930

United States

#19 Mar 6, 2008
mad wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once said Giddens was a thug. You need to read what I wrote again. I called him a reject because he couldn't hack it at KU. At KU he was a head case and a streaky shooter that wouldn't drive to the hoop. He never amounted to squat at Kansas.
giddens was averaging 25 minutes at ku--AS A FRESHMAN! he was kicked out of the program because of a knifing incident at a bar. so, it wasn't an issue of not being able to "hack it," so to speak.

others call jr a thug--which again, i don't disagree with. i think he's gonna need to go a long way, personally and on the court, to "hack it" in the NBA
johnny

Tuscumbia, AL

#20 Mar 6, 2008
JeroMe_930 wrote:
<quoted text>
he's gonna need to go a long way, personally and on the court, to "hack it" in the NBA
If he's lucky he'll have a t-birds uniform and little kids throwing pop corn at him at tingly
Michael Cooper

Salt Lake City, UT

#21 Mar 7, 2008
Fire Alford
Idiots Guy

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Mar 7, 2008
The Lobos will never matter. Not now. Not ever. Get used to it Lobo fan. At least you will always have your meth,drive bys, orange barrels, dirt, dust, wind, fat people. Right? Idiots.
BOSS11

Henderson, NV

#24 Jun 30, 2015
Rip MacEntire wrote:
The Lobos record is deceiving. They did not play anyone all year so I don't think they get in based on a poor opponent list.
U EAT WEINERGASS
Fart Mower

United States

#25 Jun 30, 2015
So yeah, I just farted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UNLV eliminated from NCAA Tournament after loss... (Mar '11) Mar '13 Anon 2
News Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
News VU's center of attention (May '09) Dec '12 Andrew 2
News No. 14 UNLV defeats New Mexico 80-63 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 2
News No. 21 UNLV beats Louisiana-Monroe 81-63 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News UNLV knocks off No. 1 North Carolina, 90-80 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
News UNLV stuns top-ranked North Carolina in Las Veg... (Nov '11) Nov '11 say who?? 1
More from around the web