Kent State gone in a flash

Kent State gone in a flash

There are 47 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Kent State gone in a flash. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

OMAHA, NEB.: Shot after shot clanged off the rim. Others rimmed in and out. Some hit nothing but air.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
zppr

Port Clinton, OH

#1 Mar 21, 2008
What did I say
NO NO

Millersburg, OH

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Yep, they're the Golden "Flashes" .. now you see them, now you don't!
Mr Creedy

Akron, OH

#4 Mar 21, 2008
"Yep, they're the Golden "Flashes" .. now you see them, now you don't!"

wow, what way to put down a team from our area.
especially a team that did better than Akron U.
totally classless IMO

They had a terrible first half and played verrrry uncharacteristicly of their normal play. I congratulate the Kent State team. They had an outstanding year.
OMG

Akron, OH

#5 Mar 21, 2008
Thank you KSU Golden Flashes for another fun season and trip to the Big Dance. You made college basketball fun. GO FLASHES !!!
Spud

Canton, OH

#6 Mar 21, 2008
Uh, Stephanie? It's a good idea to mention the names of both teams sometime before the end of an article ("Rebels" doesn't count). Basic Journalism 101.
Oh Well

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Mar 21, 2008
Shake it off kids! You still had one heck of a season! See ya next year!!
Michael

Kent, OH

#8 Mar 21, 2008
Spud wrote:
Uh, Stephanie? It's a good idea to mention the names of both teams sometime before the end of an article ("Rebels" doesn't count). Basic Journalism 101.
Uh, Spud? third paragraph, basic reading.

Since: Jan 08

Akron

#9 Mar 21, 2008
forgive spud, he probably didn't realize that University of Nevada-Las Vegas meant UNLV...LOL
ksu03

Mentor, OH

#10 Mar 21, 2008
What a joke. Chistian did a terrible job preparing this team for the tourney. I was embarrassed to say I was kent fan in the first half. What a bitter end to a great year...ridiculous!
Zips Fan CF

Massillon, OH

#11 Mar 21, 2008
Considering that we lost to Kent in basketball several times this year (but beat you like a tied goat last year), all a Zips fan can do is humbly bow his head and say, "BWAAA-HAH-HAH-HAH-HA! " Crushed, crushed I say, in your first national appearance in the Big Dance. Hey, we didn't make it to NCAA, but at least we WON OUR FIRST GAME IN POST SEASON PLAY.

Seriously, Kent has a fine basketball program and is to be congratulated. And as long as you remain Akron's little puppy dog in football, we're cool with you having a smackeral of hope in your otherwise dismal existance.

Yeah, at Akron we produce attorneys, engineers and scientists. At least Kent has a fine (giggle), I mean a great (chuckle) fashion design program! BWAAAA-HAH-HAH-HA-HA-HA! Nice dresses, ya'll.

See ya next fall at the Rubber Bowl. Wear heavy sweaters under the pads, girls, so the bruises won't be so bad.
Anon

Warren, OH

#12 Mar 21, 2008
should of lost to Akron and had Akron go to the tournament...they would of made it a game at least...weak, scared, little girly flashes. ya didn't deserve to be there and you embarrassed the MAC. losers!
Flashes Rock

Elyria, OH

#13 Mar 21, 2008
Hey Zips fans, were you even born the last time the Zips were in the NCAA Tournament ? It was 1986.
C-Boogie

Cleveland, OH

#15 Mar 21, 2008
Well, that was certainly an embarassment to the MAC,huh?
stish

Chagrin Falls, OH

#16 Mar 21, 2008
These comment boards sure are filled with a lot of small people. I was cheering for Akron in the NIT but after reading what there fans here have to say I might change my mind. But then again what did I expect in NE Ohio, Land of Lowered Expectations.
Reality

Akron, OH

#17 Mar 21, 2008
ksu03 wrote:
What a joke. Chistian did a terrible job preparing this team for the tourney. I was embarrassed to say I was kent fan in the first half. What a bitter end to a great year...ridiculous!
I agree. I'm pretty sure I could have scored 10 pts on my own in the first half. They suck! Go Zips!
fjg

Washington, DC

#18 Mar 21, 2008
way to go Flashes! the MAC is trying to get some respect and you represent us like a bunch of bafoons!
stish

Chagrin Falls, OH

#19 Mar 21, 2008
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I'm pretty sure I could have scored 10 pts on my own in the first half. They suck! Go Zips!
Isn't recess over yet?
OMG

Akron, OH

#20 Mar 21, 2008
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The Zips lost 3 times to the Flashes, so what does that say about them? The Zips suck even worse?

Thank you Flashes for another great season !!!!

Since: Jan 08

Akron

#21 Mar 21, 2008
fjg wrote:
way to go Flashes! the MAC is trying to get some respect and you represent us like a bunch of bafoons!
better than looking like an illiterate buffoon...
unlv blake

United States

#22 Mar 21, 2008
"In the horrible first half, the Rebels weren't disrupting the Flashes as much as the Flashes were disrupting themselves."

That seems to be all we, UNLV fans, have heard since the game was over. That it wasn't UNLV so much, it was just Kent played bad.

I'm sorry, but I thought that Kent State hadn't seen a defense like that in some time (maybe against UNC). Its why nearly every non-conference opponent's coach says something to the affect of, "We just haven't seen that kind of defense yet this year"...Kruger's teams are IN YOUR FACE defensively, and Kent shot horribly because they were rushing shots due to the pressure.

It was UNLV applying that pressure, and its why they played bad...it was UNLV not Kent State that made KSU play like it did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News UNLV eliminated from NCAA Tournament after loss... (Mar '11) Mar '13 Anon 2
News Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
News VU's center of attention (May '09) Dec '12 Andrew 2
News No. 14 UNLV defeats New Mexico 80-63 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 2
News No. 21 UNLV beats Louisiana-Monroe 81-63 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News UNLV knocks off No. 1 North Carolina, 90-80 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
More from around the web