Crennel says he sees improvement

Crennel says he sees improvement

There are 23 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 11, 2008, titled Crennel says he sees improvement. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

BEREA: Even if it had been newly acquired New York Jets quarterback Brett Favre burning the Browns' inexperienced secondary Thursday night, it wouldn't have been easy to take.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#1 Aug 12, 2008
Talk about over-hyped. Seen this many times before. Just can't believe the entire league is buying it. I'm sure the Browns are improved and will even be exciting. I see 9-7 again and a reasonable shot at the playoffs.

The fans will be complaining about Romeo by the fourth game. and his coordinators all over again. The secondary is less than average. The pass rush will be lacking. The real story will be in Pittsburgh (11-5) where they will find a way to win and typically new heros emerge.

This is Cleveland people.
KBADM11

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2008
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Overated? Over freakin rated??? 10-6 last season and you say we are overated? Are you kidding me??? You make me want to throw up in my mouth. Just watch as we take it to Dallas and Pittsburgh in weeks 1 & 2. ESPN has professionals that analyze the games. You are far from a professional. You are far from knowing football from soccer my freind. We fans of Cleveland will relish in this year and hopefully people like you will choke on crow. Have a great day dreamer boy!!!!
Overated is exactly correct, Cleveland always finds a way to be Cleveland and this team looks like 8-8. Do you really think Anderson will repeat last year, and from what I see the defense couldn't cover OMG and he doesn't run like he used to. Schedule is stronger and many players will not duplicate last year. The surprise team will be Cincy - right it down.
GOBROWNS

Broadview Heights, OH

#4 Aug 12, 2008
KBADM11- You must be very intelligent and educated- nice grammar. It's 'write it down'- not 'right it down'
ramon

Canton, OH

#6 Aug 12, 2008
If the defense can stop the run and the left side of the O line stays healthy all year, it will be a fun year. That is what you should write down
A different Tony Z

Akron, OH

#8 Aug 12, 2008
East Side Joe wrote:
Talk about over-hyped. Seen this many times before. Just can't believe the entire league is buying it. I'm sure the Browns are improved and will even be exciting. I see 9-7 again and a reasonable shot at the playoffs.
The fans will be complaining about Romeo by the fourth game. and his coordinators all over again. The secondary is less than average. The pass rush will be lacking. The real story will be in Pittsburgh (11-5) where they will find a way to win and typically new heros emerge.
This is Cleveland people.
Thanks for posting nothing worth reading. P.S.- If possible, don't bother getting on the bandwagon later, I'll push you off.
A different Tony Z

Akron, OH

#9 Aug 12, 2008
KBADM11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Overated is exactly correct, Cleveland always finds a way to be Cleveland and this team looks like 8-8. Do you really think Anderson will repeat last year, and from what I see the defense couldn't cover OMG and he doesn't run like he used to. Schedule is stronger and many players will not duplicate last year. The surprise team will be Cincy - right it down.
I don't think they'll get 10-6 this year but that's just because of the schedule. But they will be fighting for a play-off bid in the AFC North.
A different Tony Z

Akron, OH

#10 Aug 12, 2008
KBADM11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and Cincy couldn't get a first down until the almost the second quarter last night at Green Bay. Might want to re-think that prediction.

Since: Aug 07

Jackson Twp.

#11 Aug 12, 2008
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Overated? Over freakin rated??? 10-6 last season and you say we are overated? Are you kidding me???
I too, think the Browns may be a bit over-rated. Maybe not to the same extent, but that 10-6 record was built upon the bottom-feeders of the entire NFL. IIRC, the only team the Browns beat with a winning record last year was Seattle.

I love 'em, but I think 8-8 is going to be a good year, in that I believe we'll see 7 of last year's playoff teams. 8-8 just might be good enough because the Bengals and the Ravens are putrid, and the Steelers are much weaker on both offensive and defensive lines this year. 8-8 is probably going to have to be built largely from within the division - cleaning up on the other three teams to the tune of 5 wins would be nice. And getting another 3 wins from outside the division would actually be a strong showing IMHO. Their schedule is brutal.
Sandy

Cleveland, OH

#13 Aug 12, 2008
I hope so, or he may have to look for a new job.

Jackson Twp.

#14 Aug 12, 2008
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
No team in the NFL is a pushover. Things happen that make it appear that teams are weak but in fact there are very few NFL teams that you could really call flat out "weak". Anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday. that is a fact. Did you think the Giants would go anywhere last year? If you did, you need to line up at the mental institution for your shot of reality. Did you think the Jags would be as tough as well last year. If you did, you need to join the experts on ESPN. You are a clown!!! A negative clown that likes beating up on the Browns. As a Browns fan, I've had enough of your trash talk. Come down to Akron and I'll fight you.( I just stole that line from Tony Rizzo but I'm sure he wouldnt mind. he too is real fan )
Michael - you need to stop the name-calling. For one, it makes you look like you can't think beyond a rational argument, and for two, you posts are going to get flagged and removed.

I think the Browns are the best team in the North. And yes - I think last year's record benefited HUGELY on the fairly low quality of the opponents. Sorry, but the Rams, Dolphins, 49ers and Raiders COULDN'T beat any team on any given Sunday - other than by fluke. I admit, I didn't see the Giants coming on like they did, but anyone who couldn't see the Jags were a VERY good football team last year doesn't know football. They played, very well mind you, in the toughest division of the NFL and have a stud running back in Fred Taylor. I called out the Pittspuke fans before the first round of the playoffs - telling them if they faced the Jags, they were one-and-done. Pittspuke was the same as the Browns - benefiting hugely on a cakewalk schedule. The Jags were for real. Ask a guy around here named Old Man Grump who called that one two weeks before it happened.

Come down to Akron to fight you? And you call ME a clown? Puhhlleeeze.

Grow up and start arguing your points rationally and maturely. Name-calling is for the third-grade playground.

MDW

Since: Mar 07

Akron, OH

#15 Aug 12, 2008
I think this will be an exciting season - just as the last one was.

The Browns are no longer a team we need to be ashamed to support.
Brian

United States

#18 Aug 12, 2008
GOBROWNS wrote:
KBADM11- You must be very intelligent and educated- nice grammar. It's 'write it down'- not 'right it down'
Excellent point, for "intelligence" and "sports fan" are inexorably linked. I always think that when it's snowing and I see the shirtless fat guy.

Did you understand his intent? That's good enough for the sake of an on-line forum. Are you grading his SAT? Then maybe it's not good enough.

Aiken, SC

#19 Aug 12, 2008
The sad truth is that so many of the posts on here are nothing more than vitriolic garbage. If someone posted that Cleveland's colors are brown and orange, or that birds fly and fish swim some simp would pound a couple of beers and then start pounding on his keyboard.

Aiken, SC

#20 Aug 12, 2008
As far as actual football is concerned, does anyone know what kind of player Matt Ware is? I noticed that he's available, but didn't know if he would make a suitable backup. Does he have anything going for him besides his height?
Nifong

New Philadelphia, OH

#21 Aug 12, 2008
NEOH Beemer Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael - you need to stop the name-calling. For one, it makes you look like you can't think beyond a rational argument, and for two, you posts are going to get flagged and removed.
I think the Browns are the best team in the North. And yes - I think last year's record benefited HUGELY on the fairly low quality of the opponents. Sorry, but the Rams, Dolphins, 49ers and Raiders COULDN'T beat any team on any given Sunday - other than by fluke. I admit, I didn't see the Giants coming on like they did, but anyone who couldn't see the Jags were a VERY good football team last year doesn't know football. They played, very well mind you, in the toughest division of the NFL and have a stud running back in Fred Taylor. I called out the Pittspuke fans before the first round of the playoffs - telling them if they faced the Jags, they were one-and-done. Pittspuke was the same as the Browns - benefiting hugely on a cakewalk schedule. The Jags were for real. Ask a guy around here named Old Man Grump who called that one two weeks before it happened.
Come down to Akron to fight you? And you call ME a clown? Puhhlleeeze.
Grow up and start arguing your points rationally and maturely. Name-calling is for the third-grade playground.
Rational thought is and the ability to express them is in short supply. Idiocy seems to breed like WV rabbits.

I think the Browns are good, but the 10-6 record was against weak opponents. I agree with Beemer.

The "any given sunday means all teams are good" argument is flawed. All teams aren't good. That is why certain teams have a losing record.

The AFC North will finish like this:
Steelers 10-6 (5-1 at worst in the division)
Cinci 9-7
Browns 9-7
Ravens 4-12
Diebldr

Smithville, TN

#22 Aug 12, 2008
SilentBob wrote:
The sad truth is that so many of the posts on here are nothing more than vitriolic garbage. If someone posted that Cleveland's colors are brown and orange, or that birds fly and fish swim some simp would pound a couple of beers and then start pounding on his keyboard.

SO TRUE SO TRUE Love it Silent BOB
Diebldr

Smithville, TN

#23 Aug 12, 2008
The name on the Door Says Cleveland

Jackson Twp.

#24 Aug 12, 2008
Nifong wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational thought is and the ability to express them is in short supply. Idiocy seems to breed like WV rabbits.
No kidding. And unfortunately the twelve year-olds seem to be getting more and more access to mommy and daddy's laptop.

:)
A different Tony Z

Akron, OH

#25 Aug 13, 2008
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
So you knew the Vikings would make a push? That the Bears would fall off the map??? Come on. Did you think the Bungals would fall off as well. Are they weak??? You dont know squat. As far as the name calling? Dont be such a sissy. Come on now.
Actually, The Jags playing tough, the Vikings improvement and the Bears failure wasn't that hard to see coming.

The Jags are a reflection of their coach, based on an old school football mentality. Run the ball and hurt people on defense, that's Del Rio's type of game. It took him a few years to get the personel but he finally got there last year.
The Vikings improved their OL before last season and then drafted Adrian to couple him with an underrated Chester Taylor in the backfield, plus they play on turf which makes the game faster, especially in the run game.

The Bears? Anyone following football could see that a repeat performance would not happen. Three words, No confident quarterback.

As for this year. I think two teams will make a splash. The Panthers with their stable of decent RBs and the return of Jake Delhome (SP), and the Ravens who i think will be lead by our own Troy Smith. I really think Baltimore will mirror what OSU did with Smith after they realize what they have during the year. Boller is terrible and Flacco won't be ready to play this year. Plus, Ray Rice will battle Darren McFadden for Rookie of the Year after McGahee's knee calls it quits.

Also Seattle might have a strong year.

These are just my opinions, now you guys can rip me to shreds.
A different Tony Z

Akron, OH

#26 Aug 13, 2008
SilentBob wrote:
As far as actual football is concerned, does anyone know what kind of player Matt Ware is? I noticed that he's available, but didn't know if he would make a suitable backup. Does he have anything going for him besides his height?
Are you sure he's available? I thought the Cardinals signed him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Nevada, Las Vegas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul '15 Fartman 24
News UNLV eliminated from NCAA Tournament after loss... (Mar '11) Mar '13 Anon 2
News Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
News VU's center of attention (May '09) Dec '12 Andrew 2
News No. 14 UNLV defeats New Mexico 80-63 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Anonymous 2
News No. 21 UNLV beats Louisiana-Monroe 81-63 (Dec '11) Dec '11 Chosen Traveler 1
News UNLV knocks off No. 1 North Carolina, 90-80 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
More from around the web