UCLA Point Guard: Alford's First Test

UCLA Point Guard: Alford's First Test

There are 5 comments on the Bruins Nation story from May 8, 2013, titled UCLA Point Guard: Alford's First Test. In it, Bruins Nation reports that:

Kyle is #3 in returning players in the PAC 12 in assists. If he can learn to shoot, look out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bruins Nation.

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#1 May 9, 2013
LaVine is the real deal. I just hope Coach Alford lets him play through his freshman mistakes unlike the way Howland yanked Tony Parker everytime the kid even sneezed out of place.

But make no mistake here, LaVine is no Tony Parker. LaVine will arguably be the best athlete on the Bruin team!

Go Bruins!

San Fernando Valley

#2 May 19, 2013
LaVine continues to look good!

Go Bruins!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 19, 2013
Brew In wrote:
LaVine is the real deal. I just hope Coach Alford lets him play through his freshman mistakes unlike the way Howland yanked Tony Parker everytime the kid even sneezed out of place.
But make no mistake here, LaVine is no Tony Parker. LaVine will arguably be the best athlete on the Bruin team!
Go Bruins!
Ya I agree Coach Alford might not be here when the season starts......Go Bruins!

“I Am "The Coach"!”

Since: Jun 13

Santa Barbara, CA

#4 Jun 12, 2013
Artie Manhattan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya I agree Coach Alford might not be here when the season starts......Go Bruins!
Well the probability for the UCLA Bruins to dismiss incoming head basketball coach Steve Alford after signing him to a six year deal would be very unusual.

The Bruins are already hearing some insider backlash for releasing Ben Howland prior to his contract expiration. And despite his slumping popularity, Howland did have a fairly successful run with the Bruins.

What is intriguing is that Alford had just signed a 10 year deal to stay with New Mexico, but made the switch to UCLA when that opportunity became available. I am interested to see if there is any ramifications as to this move.

San Fernando Valley

#5 Jun 29, 2013
COACH ORWIN wrote:
<quoted text>Well the probability for the UCLA Bruins to dismiss incoming head basketball coach Steve Alford after signing him to a six year deal would be very unusual.
The Bruins are already hearing some insider backlash for releasing Ben Howland prior to his contract expiration. And despite his slumping popularity, Howland did have a fairly successful run with the Bruins.
What is intriguing is that Alford had just signed a 10 year deal to stay with New Mexico, but made the switch to UCLA when that opportunity became available. I am interested to see if there is any ramifications as to this move.
Last I heard the NCAA is okay with everything...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of California NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 4 tom wingo 29,828
News Seahawks' Coleman: I'm Glad NFL Let Tom Brady P... Jun 25 Brady Bunched 4
News 2015 NFL Draft: Host City And Vikings Get 'A' G... May '15 Gen Larry Platt 5
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr '15 tom wingo 4
News Vikings' plan to practice outside begins with E... (Nov '14) Nov '14 No Expense Spared 2
News UCLA has the "best football/basketball/baseball... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Brew In 1
News College Football Countdown | No. 5: UCLA (Aug '14) Aug '14 Brew In 1
More from around the web