UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#19191 Mar 23, 2013
Nation, Lifer, and Brewski. There will be a mandatory special edition of the Bruin Hot Tub party at MD's Saturday night :/

Everyone is expected to wear the black speedos in mourning for our fatally failed Bruins :(

West Hollywood, CA

#19192 Mar 23, 2013
My UCLA Bruins :/

We under-performed and finish very poorly in both football and basketball..........so since we really did not turn ANY corners, Baseball anyone?

..........Please :(
Btuin For Life

United States

#19193 Mar 23, 2013
Just like losing 50-0 was the best thing that happened to UCLA football - it gave us Jim Mora...now getting embarrassed in the first round "having zero chemistry as a tean and appearing as though they've never played together before" will give us a change we need in our program. Go Bruins!!!

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#19194 Mar 23, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Minnesota matches up well against the Bruins and may just do all us Bruins a favor and beat UCLA and get Howland fired, UCLA is toast without Jordan Adams and even if they beat Minn. won't go deep, Adams injury is a MAJOR blow for UCLA.
good by Ben.
props to Cal, Oregon, & Zona.
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19195 Mar 23, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
good by Ben.
Great day to be a Bruin ay babe!What an arse kicking! The best coach since John Wooden is gone now we can concentrate on Bringing in a lesser Coach than Howland since all the Big Coaches want the UCLA Job. Pitino? Krzyzewski? Roy Williams? Oh wait they all said no already. John Thompson Jr he must be run out of DC since Georgetown was upset...How about Michael Cooper?he would be a great coach and if anyone disagrees I will pour beer on your head and go mano a mano then I will lick your balls.....Thank you Gophers for destroying my Bruins....Go Bruins!.........PS hey BN honey can you bail me out of this Vegas jail?
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19196 Mar 23, 2013
Btuin For Life wrote:
Just like losing 50-0 was the best thing that happened to UCLA football -
You're such a child. Don't try to pretend you enjoyed the loss last night or the 50-0, no matter what may come of it. You aren't fooling anyone.
Horny Toad

Vallejo, CA

#19197 Mar 23, 2013
Boobies!
Bruin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19198 Mar 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a child. Don't try to pretend you enjoyed the loss last night or the 50-0, no matter what may come of it. You aren't fooling anyone.
You're right again Trojan. I realize that we con't get a better coach than Howland and that it's not his fault that Jordan Adams broke his ankle. I also realize that our hoops program has been dead since the 1970's and we cheated to get those titles.Maybe we should start cheating again to start winning again, we need a guy like Calipari to do that. Yes I hate women but Go Bruins!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19199 Mar 23, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
...our program has been dead since the 1970's and we cheated to get those titles.
If only the real BFL were man enough to admit that.

But like a child, he'll cover his ears and scream, "La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la...I can't hear you!!"

LOL!!!
Bruin Nation

Los Angeles, CA

#19200 Mar 23, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right again Trojan. I realize that we con't get a better coach than Howland and that it's not his fault that Jordan Adams broke his ankle. I also realize that our hoops program has been dead since the 1970's and we cheated to get those titles.Maybe we should start cheating again to start winning again, we need a guy like Calipari to do that. Yes I hate women but Go Bruins!
Ya babe I agree 100%.Our BB program has been irrelevant since Nixon was President We need to get back to our cheating ways, even ol Jim Harrick won a title by breaking the rules. We are pathetic fans cheering for another team so we can replace the best coach since ol Wooden..See you on Santa Monica Blvd tonight babe....Go Bruins!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#19201 Mar 23, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
good by Ben.
Unfortunately I have to concur! Howland is no longer (maybe never was) the guy to bring back the prominence of West Coast basketball to Westwood.

To have to say that Gonzaga is the premiere program in the West is a bitter pill to shallow.

My concern is we will have to buy Howland out and that leaves only so much funds for a public institution to use on bringing in the "right" coach for the job.
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19202 Mar 23, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately I have to concur! Howland is no longer (maybe never was) the guy to bring back the prominence of West Coast basketball to Westwood.
To have to say that Gonzaga is the premiere program in the West is a bitter pill to shallow.
My concern is we will have to buy Howland out and that leaves only so much funds for a public institution to use on bringing in the "right" coach for the job.
Ya I agree Brewie, we do need a man to lead us back to prominence but where can we find another Sam Gilbert?... Don't worry about the buyout Brewie, last night Rob earned $20 in the back seat of his Gremlin and tomorrow night you can chip in the $100 you will make at that gay senior home in WEHO..See ya Ben, even though you had a better record than Wooden and did it without cheating you have to go..... Thank you Gophers.....Go Bruins!

West Hollywood, CA

#19203 Mar 23, 2013
Nation, Lifer, aBrewki,

After that horrific loss to a middle-of-their-pack Big Ten team, I want you three Bruins to join me in a boycott of Topix ;)

If we Bruins have any sensibility, we will refrain from posting for awhile (or at least until we feel confident about Bruin baseball) ;)

I cannot speak for fellow Bruin Artie Manhattan becauses he still brings valid and interesting points to this forum, but we four have over-stayed our inflated welcome as our once promising football and basketball seasons both ended miserably :(

Good-Bye Bruins, others need to take my lead and stop any further embarrassment!

West Hollywood, CA

#19204 Mar 23, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately to have to say that Gonzaga is the premiere program in the West is a bitter pill to shallow.
Oh the pain of it all. Let all us Bruins-in-ruins take an off season of silence :(

Good Bye Bruins, fellow Bruins please make sure that bitter pill is not cyanide as we will need members ready to overhype our teams next season!
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19205 Mar 23, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh the pain of it all. Let all us Bruins-in-ruins take an off season of silence :(
Good Bye Bruins, fellow Bruins please make sure that bitter pill is not cyanide as we will need members ready to overhype our teams next season!
Ya I agree PP, I just read that Dan Guerrero has banned "Bruin Nation", "Bruin For Life" and our very own "Brewie" from being fans of our beloved Bruins, he said with fans like these who needs enemies, plus they were flaunting their lifestyle way too much scaring away all the top recruits......Go Bruins!
Btuin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19206 Mar 23, 2013
The beauty of being a Bruin: after a successful football season I which we won the Pac-12 South title - We move on the next sport Basketball and what do we do? Win the Pac-12 title of course!! We are Bruins!!! After basketball season is over what do we do? We move on ti Baseball to win ANOTHER Pac-12 title and compete for national championship. THIS IS HOW THE BRUNSI DO IT!!!

Now USC...their football team suckes and got spanked 38-28 by the Bruins.....then basketball season comes and USC sucks AGAIN and ignored by 3 different tournaments....then baseball comes around and USC sucks AGAIN!!!! and you delusional morons have the gall to be talking shyt!?!?? BUAHAHAHA ROTFFLMFAO!!!

UCLA - we win and get to pllay for titles.
USC - you get to watch others play for titles ROTFFLMFAO!!!!

GO BRUINS!!!!
Btuin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19207 Mar 23, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't enjoy it one bit! But I can chose to mope or look forward to a change of coaches! Had the Bruins advanced to the round of 16 there's a good chance BH would be around next year and the problems would still be there...Howland is not a good coach, but he will win because of the talent on the team. Had UCLA not list 50-0 to nothing there was a good chance RN would have been our coach in 2012, and our program would be no better than a 7-5 season...so yes, we needed that 50-0 even if it hurt...and yes the loss last night was the straw that broke the camel's back in order for a change to take place...can you say Shacka Scan think what you want, I don't care.
Btuin For Life

Los Angeles, CA

#19208 Mar 23, 2013
^^^Shacka Smart
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#19209 Mar 23, 2013
Btuin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't enjoy it one bit! But I can chose to mope or look forward to a change of coaches! Had the Bruins advanced to the round of 16 there's a good chance BH would be around next year and the problems would still be there...Howland is not a good coach, but he will win because of the talent on the team. Had UCLA not list 50-0 to nothing there was a good chance RN would have been our coach in 2012, and our program would be no better than a 7-5 season...so yes, we needed that 50-0 even if it hurt...and yes the loss last night was the straw that broke the camel's back in order for a change to take place...can you say Shacka Scan think what you want, I don't care.
Ya I agree, Howland is a horrible Coach, we need a better replacement is Walt Hazzard still alive? How about bringing back Jim Harrick? Can Neuheisel Coach BB? Henry Bibby? How about Bruin Nation didn't he coach peewee hockey oh yeah I forgot the parents complained about him showering with the team...Go Bruins!
Trojan

Whittier, CA

#19210 Mar 23, 2013
Btuin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't enjoy it one bit! But I can chose to mope or look forward to a change of coaches! Had the Bruins advanced to the round of 16 there's a good chance BH would be around next year and the problems would still be there...Howland is not a good coach, but he will win because of the talent on the team. Had UCLA not list 50-0 to nothing there was a good chance RN would have been our coach in 2012, and our program would be no better than a 7-5 season...so yes, we needed that 50-0 even if it hurt...and yes the loss last night was the straw that broke the camel's back in order for a change to take place...can you say Shacka Scan think what you want, I don't care.
Sour grapes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of California NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep '14 Brew In 1
UCLA has the "best football/basketball/baseball... Sep '14 Brew In 1
College Football Countdown | No. 5: UCLA Aug '14 Brew In 1
UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins Jun '14 Brew In 1
UCLA Student Athletes Bask In Graduation Glow Jun '14 Brew In 1
UCLA Alum Derrick Coleman Floors a Marine with ... Jun '14 Brew In 1
Vikings: Lots to learn, little time to do it Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1

University of California NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE