Bruins make late push to get surprisingly good recruiting haul

The sun was yet to rise on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, but it had already broke above the Wasatch Mountains on what turned into a glorious Wednesday in Westwood. Full Story
First Prev
of 31
Next Last
OpusX

San Ramon, CA

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Awesome job by the UCLA coaching staff! This is a great comeback for the program. On top of it the basketball teams domination of USC last night was like ice cream on the ice cream. Go Bruins!
Dropout

AOL

#2 Feb 5, 2009
Nice recruitment, my hat is off to UGLA. But these kids still have to translate to wins for all of this to have any true meaning. Wake me in September.
northbaybruin

Alameda, CA

#3 Feb 5, 2009
Not to mention the character of the guys recruited coming to a 4 and 8 record with the attitude -hey, I am going to make the difference. To wit: The X-man says; Hey, The Bruins need my help. Guys that love to play football, love UCLA.
keptycho

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 5, 2009
I have a need - the need for speed!!
Joe

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 5, 2009
I love the fact that SUC fans only comments are going to be, "the recruits are not going to play next year." IDIOTS!!!! This about the 2 to 3 years down the road!!!! Sometimes a few play, but mostly they are preserved and trained for the future!!!!.

We took 2 recruits from you, and kept 3 of them away from you!!!!

And we destroyed you in Basketball yesterday.

Silly ToeJams. You guys will always be losers!!!!

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/836749.html

GO BRUINS!!!!
Lookn4h20

Folsom, LA

#6 Feb 5, 2009
Hey usc fan watch out! The bruins are no longer afraid of the big bad wolf. Just wait what will happen when these guys get going and start winning how hard is it going to be to stay on top.We will see when the talent field is leveled how good pete is with some competition.
Howling MAD

Bell, CA

#7 Feb 5, 2009
YEE HAW!!!

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#8 Feb 5, 2009
Lookn4h20 wrote:
Hey usc fan watch out! The bruins are no longer afraid of the big bad wolf. Just wait what will happen when these guys get going and start winning how hard is it going to be to stay on top.We will see when the talent field is leveled how good pete is with some competition.
Geaux Bruins!!!
marc holcomb

Creswell, OR

#9 Feb 6, 2009
The Bruins will soon be competitive with USC and Oregon State,
the days of UCLA being inferior to the Trojans may now numbered? A quality Q-back is yet a necessity!
My other real concern would be the behavior of Coach Rick, being
also a attorney he not only has the attitude he is above the law but he too is the law. It remains to be seen that he again does not self-destruct and dismantle the football program as he did at
Washington. Is it Neuheisel or neuWEASEL?
GoDucks

Portland, OR

#10 Feb 6, 2009
Doesn't UCLA still have the worst quarterback in college football?

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#11 Feb 6, 2009
marc holcomb wrote:
The Bruins will soon be competitive with USC and Oregon State,
the days of UCLA being inferior to the Trojans may now numbered? A quality Q-back is yet a necessity!
My other real concern would be the behavior of Coach Rick, being
also a attorney he not only has the attitude he is above the law but he too is the law. It remains to be seen that he again does not self-destruct and dismantle the football program as he did at
Washington. Is it Neuheisel or neuWEASEL?
Go Bruins!!!

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#12 Feb 6, 2009
GoDucks wrote:
NO...we did last year with Jerret Lee, who threw at least 7 pick 6's last year. He's no longer our starter. We now have a new kid; plus there's a new kid in town by the name of Russel Shepard (#1 dual qb in the coutry).

But, I would like to comment on one other thing here .......... GO BRUINS/GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#13 Feb 6, 2009
deathvalley56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go Bruins!!!
Het Einstein, oh and 10 in the Pac 10 this year, you should hid in shame rather that make stupied comments like this one
Ahhhhhhhhhhh
ZERO & 10
NADDA & 10
ZIP & 10
NOTHING & 10

crawl away and lick your wounds

BTW OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH & 10

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#14 Feb 6, 2009
GoDucks wrote:
OPPPS WRONG REPLY

Hey Einstein, oh and 10 in the Pac 10 this year, you should hid in shame rather that make stupied comments like this one
Ahhhhhhhhhhh
ZERO & 10
NADDA & 10
ZIP & 10
NOTHING & 10

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#15 Feb 6, 2009
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Het Einstein, oh and 10 in the Pac 10 this year, you should hid in shame rather that make stupied comments like this one
Ahhhhhhhhhhh
ZERO & 10
NADDA & 10
ZIP & 10
NOTHING & 10
I'm not for the Pac-2 (Alias Pac 10) buddy...I just like UCLA in that conference, who is gonna beat USC; and it won't be very long now either. According to scout.com , their recruiting class topped USC's (LOL). In the SEC, we didn't have anyone 0-10.

This year, our worst recruiting class was Vanderbilt; and rivals.com said that this was Vanderbilt's best recruiting class in years; and they were one of our 8 TEAMS (2/3 OF OUR CONFERENCE) TO GO TO BOWL GAMES. No other conference can say that. LOL Vanderbilt was even one of our 8 bowl teams this past year.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#16 Feb 6, 2009
Congrats UCLA fans. Keep the pressure on Poodle Pete and the condoms.

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#17 Feb 6, 2009
BigDan wrote:
Congrats UCLA fans. Keep the pressure on Poodle Pete and the condoms.
You're in my prayers, too. Have a blessed day, young man.
HAPPY BRUIN HERE

AOL

#18 Feb 6, 2009
Hey bruin folks, slick rick gave us a good class but as we know real big time programs recruit good year after year because some of these guys just dont pan out. This isnt basketball.
Ryan Callerson

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 6, 2009
Scout had ucla ranked 17th, not 4th. What an embarrassment., what a joke you people are.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#20 Feb 6, 2009
Ryan Callerson wrote:
Scout had ucla ranked 17th, not 4th. What an embarrassment., what a joke you people are.
What were Utah's rankings over the past 5 years? Recruiting is important but the rankings can be misleading. Bama has a bunch of players but like normal, a lot of them will be non-qualifiers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UCLA Bruins NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Anonymous 29,070
Vikings' plan to practice outside begins with E... Nov '14 No Expense Spared 2
College Football Countdown | No. 5: UCLA (Aug '14) Aug '14 Brew In 1
UCLA Student Athletes Bask In Graduation Glow (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brew In 1
UCLA Alum Derrick Coleman Floors a Marine with ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brew In 1
Vikings: Lots to learn, little time to do it (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Vikings trade down, take linebacker Anthony Bar... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 8
More from around the web