UCLA basketball walk-ons still get be...

UCLA basketball walk-ons still get best seats in the house

There are 11 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Mar 10, 2010, titled UCLA basketball walk-ons still get best seats in the house. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

For UCLA basketball players, from left, Matt DeMarcus, Spencer Soo and Blake Arnet, being a walk-on is still worth it despite practically non-existent playing time this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Bob from Torrance

Torrance, CA

#3 Mar 11, 2010
they are all great student-athletes. Besides playing for a great school, they are also getting excellent education from a top academic school. Good job kids!
SFV Maven

Huntington Beach, CA

#4 Mar 11, 2010
Why did you forget JRW's great-grandson?
anthony vines

Redlands, CA

#5 Mar 11, 2010
fabulous story!
Bruinfan05

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Mar 11, 2010
Great story. UCLA has done a fantastic job of surrounding their scholarship players with outstanding individuals such as these young men. I think the impact of these "Rudy" types is often over looked.
UCLA ROB

El Segundo, CA

#7 Mar 11, 2010
I've got the best seat in the house! The mens locker room. I'm the official "Balls Boy" if you know what I mean..
genius

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Mar 11, 2010
spencer's a beast
UCLA GRAD 74

Corona, CA

#9 Mar 11, 2010
Bring back the wooden years please!

UCLA's program has fallen and it can't get up!

What happened to the days where UCLA's second string was the second best team in the country?????

UCLA starters this year would have been lucky to have been on UCLA's JV team during the Wooden years.

These walk on's would have had to settle for being ball boys. There is no way these guys would have walked on when UCLA was that it's best. Please!

Times must really be bad at UCLA when all they can find to write about is the walkons.

Back when Wooden was coaching a walk on or non scholarship player would easily be one of the top 50 players in the country waiting his time to earn a scholarship.

Fight On

El Segundo, CA

#10 Mar 11, 2010
UCLA GRAD 74 wrote:
Bring back the wooden years please!
UCLA's program has fallen and it can't get up!
What happened to the days where UCLA's second string was the second best team in the country?????
UCLA starters this year would have been lucky to have been on UCLA's JV team during the Wooden years.
These walk on's would have had to settle for being ball boys. There is no way these guys would have walked on when UCLA was that it's best. Please!
Times must really be bad at UCLA when all they can find to write about is the walkons.
Back when Wooden was coaching a walk on or non scholarship player would easily be one of the top 50 players in the country waiting his time to earn a scholarship.
Bring back Papa Sam's money and you will get those players again..Howland seems to be a more honest coach than the Coach who allowed his players to be purchased by Sam Gilbert..Let's face it with out Sams money and Woodens consent those players would have never wanted to play there.
Trojan For Ever

Winnetka, CA

#11 Mar 11, 2010
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Nathan! Hurry up and bring me those extra large cucumbers, the strap-on you used on me this morning is full of some brown substance and it smells like shyt!! hurry baby hurry! BTW were you able to hook me up for the gig in the USC men's lockeroom giving out the towels to my men of Troy? hmmmm :p come on honey, I know you "pull" it off! wink wink. tehehe

Fight On!
UCLA booooo!!
You are disgusting, I am embarrassed to have any association with fellow Trojan fan that is as sick as you.
Robs_AngryGhost

El Segundo, CA

#12 Mar 11, 2010
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are disgusting, I am embarrassed to have any association with fellow Trojan fan that is as sick as you.
BABE THERE YOU ARE! GET BACK ON YOUR KNEES....YOU SLUTTT YOU!

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#13 Mar 16, 2010
Bruinfan05 wrote:
Great story. UCLA has done a fantastic job of surrounding their scholarship players with outstanding individuals such as these young men. I think the impact of these "Rudy" types is often over looked.
Good point! Plus the game is different now. Take any team and look at their last 4 or 5 players. They are only there for practice partners. The days of stacking the squad is no longer obtainable. To have fine young men like thenm is a blessing!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UCLA Bruins NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr '15 tom wingo 4
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brew In 1
News UCLA finishes sweep of USC with 83-73 win (Feb '14) Feb '14 Brew In 1
News Nepotism at UCLA? No Apology (or Humility) from... (Feb '14) Feb '14 1805mdw 1
News UCLA's late push lands five-star forward Looney (Oct '13) Oct '13 Brew In 1
News UCLA Basketball Media Day: Alford Puts Wooden a... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Andrew Berman 1
News Real or Perceived: Alford's Recruiting Issues (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brew In 4
More from around the web