Point-blank question: UCLA's Howland ...

Point-blank question: UCLA's Howland ponders next move with Hol...

There are 61 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jun 14, 2009, titled Point-blank question: UCLA's Howland ponders next move with Hol.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

With guard Jrue Holiday leaving UCLA after one season for the NBA, Bruins coach Ben Howland knows his point-guard situation for the 2009-10 season is dangerously thin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

UCLA ROB

“Jackie Robinson B-4 a Dodger”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#23 Jun 15, 2009
UCLA Dominance wrote:
<quoted text>
From http://www.cbssports.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,21... :
"It doesn't bother me, no, because I had no relationship with him (Gilbert) and I tried to make sure my players tried to be very, very careful," Wooden said. "I know that he tried to ... there have been other alumni, on occasions ... they're everywhere. You have to be very careful, and I did all I could about it.
"It does not bother me. If I had any guilt, I suppose it would bother me. But I feel no guilt at all. I did what I could."
I just don't see how one man like Gilbert, who didn't have any hands-on involvement with teaching the basketball and game management, can be the revisionist reason for people like you why Wooden won all the championships. It's oversimplifying the history of the whole thing. Plus, Wooden won his first two championships in '64 and '65 with his best players being a couple of 6'1" and 6'2" guards.
I wouldn't even go so far as to say providing a house for Reggie Bush's parents made him a better running back. The talent is there already with Bush, and Pete and Norm were building something great. So Bush came to play football for two great coaches. The problem today is the NCAA has rules and regulations. The compliance in 1964 is different for an institution than 2003.
By the way, where's your support for this Love claim?
Obviously you're new to topix or not familiar with this retard you replying to (Fight On, usc steve, mike, mike jones, jack and others, it's the same idiot)...you are wasting your time and energy with him/it, he's just a troll that loves to get others riled up, and the only reason I reply to him is because to it's theraputic for me, as I love to unleash my fury and insults once in a while...so I have chosen this awhole. Ignore the fruit cake.
Al x

Long Beach, CA

#24 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Look sodomite you really think that him playing there was on the level? say hello to the easter bunny, santa and the great pumpin for me as well.
It's trojenz that burst under pressure and that's the only way you were conceived, that hour I paid for your momma cost me more than a few bucks, she gave me a sodomite for a son which is you and a faulty condom.At least she game me my money back for bein so good!
I think I have figured you out. You're really a twelve year old girl. At least by the tone of your infantile posts, it sure seems that is the case. Very sad.I can't wait for your infantile response to this post. Don't disappoint.
UCLA Dominance

Irvine, CA

#25 Jun 15, 2009
UCLA ROB wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you're new to topix or not familiar with this retard you replying to (Fight On, usc steve, mike, mike jones, jack and others, it's the same idiot)...you are wasting your time and energy with him/it, he's just a troll that loves to get others riled up, and the only reason I reply to him is because to it's theraputic for me, as I love to unleash my fury and insults once in a while...so I have chosen this awhole. Ignore the fruit cake.
Yeah, I know this guy's an idiot. I just wanted to use some rhetoric and supportive argument to dispel the misconceptions and platitudes about this topic for the other idiots who might view. Thanks, Go Bruins.
Fight On

Pleasanton, CA

#26 Jun 15, 2009
UCLA Dominance wrote:
<quoted text>
From http://www.cbssports.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,21... :
"It doesn't bother me, no, because I had no relationship with him (Gilbert) and I tried to make sure my players tried to be very, very careful," Wooden said. "I know that he tried to ... there have been other alumni, on occasions ... they're everywhere. You have to be very careful, and I did all I could about it.
"It does not bother me. If I had any guilt, I suppose it would bother me. But I feel no guilt at all. I did what I could."
I just don't see how one man like Gilbert, who didn't have any hands-on involvement with teaching the basketball and game management, can be the revisionist reason for people like you why Wooden won all the championships. It's oversimplifying the history of the whole thing. Plus, Wooden won his first two championships in '64 and '65 with his best players being a couple of 6'1" and 6'2" guards.
I wouldn't even go so far as to say providing a house for Reggie Bush's parents made him a better running back. The talent is there already with Bush, and Pete and Norm were building something great. So Bush came to play football for two great coaches. The problem today is the NCAA has rules and regulations. The compliance in 1964 is different for an institution than 2003.
By the way, where's your support for this Love claim?
He won championships because he had the best players he had the best players because he had someone paying them to come to Wet-Wood......I never said Wooden couldn't coach but any very good coach can be great if he has the right players and Johnny W. had the best that money could by. Like he is really going to admit he knew what was going on! Only an idiot would think he was innocent!

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#27 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
He won championships because he had the best players he had the best players because he had someone paying them to come to Wet-Wood......I never said Wooden couldn't coach but any very good coach can be great if he has the right players and Johnny ****. had the best that money could by. Like he is really going to admit he knew what was going on! Only an idiot would think he was innocent!
you are soooooooooo boring, yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.
TheDude

Chatsworth, CA

#28 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
Howlie will just pay some other kid to come and go.
Nice try trojie. You are great! Keep up the good work pal.
TheDude

Chatsworth, CA

#29 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
John Wooden is the greatest coach of all time!!! Pete is great great liar that stands alone with a mafia boss to answer to named Lamar Bush.
Fixed that for ya!

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#30 Jun 15, 2009
TheDude wrote:
<quoted text>
Fixed that for ya!
LMAO, gave that dooshbag fruit cake a taste of his own medicine...priceless.

“'RESPECT"”

Since: Jan 09

East L.A.

#31 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
He won championships because he had the best players he had the best players because he had someone paying them to come to Wet-Wood......I never said Wooden couldn't coach but any very good coach can be great if he has the right players and Johnny ****. had the best that money could by. Like he is really going to admit he knew what was going on! Only an idiot would think he was innocent!
Bla bla bla bla bla, yada yada yada.

You must be twelve cause you don't know what the hell your talking about.

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#33 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
John Woodens Confession From ESPN THE MAGAZINE
"It doesn't bother me, no, because I had a very close relationship with Sam Gilbert and I tried to make sure my players knew who was in charge and be very, very careful not to get caught," Wooden said. "I know that I told him to give them what they asked for money cars girls etc... there had been other money I would give them on occasions ...money everywhere. You have to be very careful, and I did all I could about it.
"It does not bother me. If I had any guilt, I suppose it would bother me. But I feel no guilt at all. I did what I could Sam did the rest we bought the best players enough said."
you're a punk little pus sy phaggett you need to bytch slapped.
UCLA Dominance

Irvine, CA

#34 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
John Woodens Confession From ESPN THE MAGAZINE
"It doesn't bother me, no, because I had a very close relationship with Sam Gilbert and I tried to make sure my players knew who was in charge and be very, very careful not to get caught," Wooden said. "I know that I told him to give them what they asked for money cars girls etc... there had been other money I would give them on occasions ...money everywhere. You have to be very careful, and I did all I could about it.
"It does not bother me. If I had any guilt, I suppose it would bother me. But I feel no guilt at all. I did what I could Sam did the rest we bought the best players enough said."
Do you know what they do with little, immature, Trojan fan punks who slander great icons? They take them to Alaska and drop them off in the wilderness to fend for themselves.
Fight On

Pleasanton, CA

#35 Jun 15, 2009
UCLA Dominance wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what they do with little, immature, Trojan fan punks who slander great icons? They take them to Alaska and drop them off in the wilderness to fend for themselves.
My deepest apologies to you and Rob and his velvet mafia, and all of the bRUIN faithful,I did not mean to slander one of the greatest sports figures of all time, if I did anything to slander the name of Sam Gilbert I apologize for he was The Wooden era's greatest rescource!
UCLA Dominance

Irvine, CA

#36 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
My deepest apologies to you and Rob and his velvet mafia, and all of the bRUIN faithful,I did not mean to slander one of the greatest sports figures of all time, if I did anything to slander the name of Sam Gilbert I apologize for he was The Wooden era's greatest rescource!
It's ok, Cheat on. The only ruins you're going to know are those left behind at Heritage Hall in South Central when the NCAA is done with it. While everyone was playing by a uniform set of rules clearly defined as institutional control, your incompetent, scandalous officials were trying to get an edge and looking the other way. Going to be a long summer, Trojan Troll. Look for Mike Garrett to lose his job soon.
The Fox

Long Beach, CA

#37 Jun 15, 2009
I once knew a girl from USC, now it hurts when I go pee.
Fight On

Pleasanton, CA

#38 Jun 15, 2009
UCLA ROB wrote:
Hey "Fight On" you're the best I'm glad to call you daddy! I'm sorry for all of the negative things I said about you it's just that you make me look so stupid here, I get so frustrated because you mop my sweet little as all over topix you're the best and I wish I was more like you, I renounce the Blue and Gold....Fight ON!!!!!!.
Thanks USC Rob!
Al x

Long Beach, CA

#39 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks USC Rob!
Wow! not only are you pathetic but now your schizophrenic. If you did indeed go to SC, you must make the alumni association proud.

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#40 Jun 15, 2009
Fight On wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks USC Rob!
you mother effin pucking fraudelent troll piece of crap little pus sy phhagget. You are an emabarrasment to all sports fans, may you get get rap ed at your next gay-pride party.

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#41 Jun 15, 2009
The Fox wrote:
I once knew a girl from USC, now it hurts when I go pee.
it wasn't a girl, it was that phagget "fight on" dressed in drag, he does it all the time when he blows the usc football team...you gotta be careful next time. His favorite hangout is in Watts.

UCLA ROB

Location hidden

#42 Jun 15, 2009
Here's proof that "Fight On" is a phagg, POST #4 unbelievable!:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/downey-ca/TVP...
Al x

Long Beach, CA

#43 Jun 15, 2009
UCLA ROB wrote:
Here's proof that "Fight On" is a phagg, POST #4 unbelievable!:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/downey-ca/TVP...
You have got to be kidding! This dude "Fight On" is queerer than a three dollar bill.No wonder he is a SC fan. He must like that Greek way of life, especially the part about having a slave boy for pleasure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

UCLA Bruins NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr '15 tom wingo 4
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Jun '14 Brew In 1
News UCLA finishes sweep of USC with 83-73 win (Feb '14) Feb '14 Brew In 1
News Nepotism at UCLA? No Apology (or Humility) from... (Feb '14) Feb '14 1805mdw 1
News UCLA's late push lands five-star forward Looney (Oct '13) Oct '13 Brew In 1
News UCLA Basketball Media Day: Alford Puts Wooden a... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Andrew Berman 1
News Real or Perceived: Alford's Recruiting Issues (Sep '13) Sep '13 Brew In 4
More from around the web