Taylor scores 18 as UCF beats Louisiana-Lafayette 65-52

Jermaine Taylor scored 18 points and Dave Noel had 14 as UCF beat Louisiana-Lafayette 65-52 Tuesday night. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ucfrocks

New Port Richey, FL

#22 Dec 13, 2007
The facts are that UCF declined to pursue membership in the Big East because we knew that was a joke of a conference. The SEC is not happy with some of their teams and UCF is the logical choice. We have the best coach and the best campus in the state of Florida. Thank God O'Leary has the integrity not to recruit convicts like USF and UF. This will help us all the more when we enter the SEC. Go Knights!!!
Get real

Melbourne, FL

#23 Dec 13, 2007
Are you people high? I listed teams that would be considered better SEC candidates than UCF. Do you REALLY think that UCF would be a higher priority than schools like Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Clemson, FSU, or Louisville?

As for your argument that "what you've done" doesn't mean anything when bringing in new teams, that's hogwash. Obviously there are other factors, but tradition and accomplishments do weigh a lot as well. You'll notice that when the ACC expanded, they went after top-quality teams. You'll notice that they didn't bring in teams like Rutgers, Navy, Temple, Florida Atlantic, UAB, etc - all teams in very large markets.

Another thing is that there is NO REASON FOR THE SEC TO EXPAND. Period. Why on earth would they want to have more than 12 teams? I have NEVER heard about any plans for the SEC to expand, other than the occasional delusional UCF fan who thinks that somehow your school is at the top of every conference in the country's wish-list.

As for the Big East, I granted that UCF might have a chance to join, but only if the non-football teams left. Otherwise, the invitation would be football only, which UCF could NOT accept. Learn something about the NCAA, would you? You cannot have your football team in one conference, and your other sports in another conference if both conferences support the same sports. If UCF joined the BE for football only, your other sports would have to drop back down to whatever pitiful conference they were in before CUSA. Is that what you really want?

And ucfrocks - please provide some EVIDENCE that the SEC is considering kicking out some of their teams. Your post is the first time I have ever heard this. And even if they DID, as I've already shown, there are plenty of other teams that would be at the top of their list.
Biggie Size that

Fort Myers, FL

#24 Dec 14, 2007
Get real wrote:
Are you people high? I listed teams that would be considered better SEC candidates than UCF. Do you REALLY think that UCF would be a higher priority than schools like Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Clemson, FSU, or Louisville?
As for your argument that "what you've done" doesn't mean anything when bringing in new teams, that's hogwash. Obviously there are other factors, but tradition and accomplishments do weigh a lot as well. You'll notice that when the ACC expanded, they went after top-quality teams. You'll notice that they didn't bring in teams like Rutgers, Navy, Temple, Florida Atlantic, UAB, etc - all teams in very large markets.
Another thing is that there is NO REASON FOR THE SEC TO EXPAND. Period. Why on earth would they want to have more than 12 teams? I have NEVER heard about any plans for the SEC to expand, other than the occasional delusional UCF fan who thinks that somehow your school is at the top of every conference in the country's wish-list.
As for the Big East, I granted that UCF might have a chance to join, but only if the non-football teams left. Otherwise, the invitation would be football only, which UCF could NOT accept. Learn something about the NCAA, would you? You cannot have your football team in one conference, and your other sports in another conference if both conferences support the same sports. If UCF joined the BE for football only, your other sports would have to drop back down to whatever pitiful conference they were in before CUSA. Is that what you really want?
And ucfrocks - please provide some EVIDENCE that the SEC is considering kicking out some of their teams. Your post is the first time I have ever heard this. And even if they DID, as I've already shown, there are plenty of other teams that would be at the top of their list.
No need to talk about UCF in the Big East. There have been many posts here from UCF fans who would have nothing to do woth being part of the Big East. Yeah, right!
Biggie Size that

Fort Myers, FL

#25 Dec 14, 2007
GO KNIGHTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to one sport you moron! You OBVIOUSLY can't handle more than that.
Basketball anyone?
Biggie Size that

Fort Myers, FL

#26 Dec 14, 2007
ucfrocks wrote:
The facts are that UCF declined to pursue membership in the Big East because we knew that was a joke of a conference. The SEC is not happy with some of their teams and UCF is the logical choice. We have the best coach and the best campus in the state of Florida. Thank God O'Leary has the integrity not to recruit convicts like USF and UF. This will help us all the more when we enter the SEC. Go Knights!!!
Oh my goodness gracious Mr O'leary must have learned those gret recruiting skills while he attended NYU. All those players lined up at UCF waiting for criminal background checks before be honored with the possiblity of playing for UCF.

Also, Big East 6 of 8 teams ranked (ranked with actual competitve schedules) during the season. 4 of 8 ranked at the end of the season. Oh yeah UCF did not want a piece of that instead of Confernece USA.

Something to think about, Rutgers USF bad call on reversed touchdown (admitted, confirmed & apologized for - google it if you have issues with that) changed the game. USF would and should have been 10-2 West Virginia 10-2 and USF beat West Virginia. My goodness gracious how would you have spun that one!).

Don't hear any crying from USF just on and upward 2M$ bowl, CBS not cable, against a top team as opposed to less$, cable and a team ranked in the mid 40's. That's the best Conference USA can get you, oh yeah UCF wants nothing to do with Big East, please.

Good thing UCF played USF in basketball before the Spring Semester when the transfers start playing for USF, why the score then might have been, oh maybe 64-12!

Doers that complete your order?
Biggie Size that

Fort Myers, FL

#27 Dec 14, 2007
Does that complete your order? Figure out the rest of the typos yourself, best of luck.
Mike Metcalf

Brandon, FL

#28 Dec 17, 2007
What kind of loser reads a Central Florida paper in Denver? Talk about not having a life. "Hello, its pot calling the kettle, you're black too"
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#29 Dec 19, 2007
Mike Metcalf wrote:
What kind of loser reads a Central Florida paper in Denver? Talk about not having a life. "Hello, its pot calling the kettle, you're black too"
Hey Mike... If your returded USF edumakashun gave you ANYTHING, you would know that the location (or so you can understand) "lokayshun" is the root server of the ISP each of us are using.... not our PHYSICAL "LOCAYSHUN" What a MORON!!! Get back to the fry station!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Florida Golden Knights NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCF fans won't be hooping it up anytime soon (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News UCF guard Isaiah Sykes' rise to pro prospect fu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News Michael Jordan's son arrested after Omaha hotel... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Duh 2
News Miners take on UCF in Monday morning basketball... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jay 16
News UTEP tries to rebound against UCF (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miners1 10
News C-USA teams all over .500 (Jan '11) Jan '11 kol 6
News Miners Mania: UTEP men's basketball team turns ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 javi 10
More from around the web