Taylor scores 18 as UCF beats Louisia...

Taylor scores 18 as UCF beats Louisiana-Lafayette 65-52

There are 28 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 11, 2007, titled Taylor scores 18 as UCF beats Louisiana-Lafayette 65-52. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Jermaine Taylor scored 18 points and Dave Noel had 14 as UCF beat Louisiana-Lafayette 65-52 Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Apple Pie

North Fort Myers, FL

#1 Dec 11, 2007
Congrat's UCF on beating the number 304th ranked team in the Country.

It is just like a football moment.
Mickey Mouse

Orlando, FL

#2 Dec 12, 2007
What do you expect? It's fitting that a city that is based on imagination and fantasy has a university with Mickey-Mouse sports program.
Downtowner

United States

#3 Dec 12, 2007
you people have problems
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#4 Dec 12, 2007
LOL You guys are SOOO PATHETIC! LOL It's hilarious that you are such LOSERS, you have NOTHING to do in your puny, meaningless lives than to troll around in other school's forums and trash them. Do you have ANY idea how much people are laughing at you???
Now either you're jealous of our schools success, or you're afraid that we are gonna pass your school. OTHERWISE, you wouldn't be here. So... Which is it? And don't come back with the cheesy lines like "I'm neither", because you OBVIOUSLY ARE.
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#5 Dec 12, 2007
You guys should shut up and learn something from UCF students... Something like ... GET A JOB!

LOL
Reality Check

Jupiter, FL

#6 Dec 12, 2007
Must be a slow sports day.
Orlando Racist

United States

#7 Dec 12, 2007
Still waiting for your report on the USF/UCF Basketball game from over a week ago.
ucfrocks

Tampa, FL

#8 Dec 12, 2007
See how much you are laughing when UCF joins the BE or SEC. Other conferences are taking notice of us. 24K will be a top 5 pick in next years draft. We are out recruiting every other school in the state. Better campus with newer facilities. Stop being so jealous of us.
Get real

Orlando, FL

#9 Dec 12, 2007
ucfrocks wrote:
See how much you are laughing when UCF joins the BE or SEC.
Ah yes, the "We're gonna join the SEC and be a real good team someday" argument. This is exactly why so many people laugh at UCF - you really expect the SEC or ACC to extend an invitation to you?

What have you done to merit such consideration? There are PLENTY of other schools out there who have been around a lot longer and done a lot more, and would be much more deserving of a BCS bid than UCF.
ucfrocks

Tampa, FL

#10 Dec 12, 2007
The SEC has been looking to expand. UCF is one of the top programs in the state. I know UF would not want us to enter because they are afraid of us. Our campus is superior to any other school in Florida. Can you smell the jealousy???
Not gonna happen

Orlando, FL

#12 Dec 12, 2007
ucfrocks wrote:
The SEC has been looking to expand. UCF is one of the top programs in the state. I know UF would not want us to enter because they are afraid of us. Our campus is superior to any other school in Florida. Can you smell the jealousy???
Can you provide any evidence that the SEC is looking to expand? They already have 12 members, why would they want to add to that? More members would just mean more teams to split their BCS money with, it makes absolutely no sense.

The ONLY way I see the SEC adding another team is if another team left. But even then, there are many teams that would be ahead of UCF. They'd probably go after a team in either the Big East or ACC. West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Louisville, Clemson, Florida State, or Miami would all be much more attractive options to the SEC.

Even if they did go after a non-BCS team, there would still be other more attractive candidates. Orlando is already firmly in Gator country, and UCF hasn't done anything to show they can compete with BCS teams on a yearly basis. There are non-BCS teams with much more accomplishments and tradition than UCF.

Sorry, I just don't see any scenario where UCF gets invited to the SEC, or even the ACC. The Big East is possible, but even that looks unlikely given their complicated situation. Unless their non-football teams leave, any invitation would be for football only. Since UCF is a full member of CUSA, they couldn't accept a football only invite without putting their other sports back in a conference like the crappy one they just came from.

Since: Sep 07

Oviedo, FL

#13 Dec 12, 2007
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the "We're gonna join the SEC and be a real good team someday" argument. This is exactly why so many people laugh at UCF - you really expect the SEC or ACC to extend an invitation to you?
What have you done to merit such consideration? There are PLENTY of other schools out there who have been around a lot longer and done a lot more, and would be much more deserving of a BCS bid than UCF.
Please name the schools and the reasons why they are so much more deserving than UCF...
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#14 Dec 12, 2007
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the "We're gonna join the SEC and be a real good team someday" argument. This is exactly why so many people laugh at UCF - you really expect the SEC or ACC to extend an invitation to you?
What have you done to merit such consideration? There are PLENTY of other schools out there who have been around a lot longer and done a lot more, and would be much more deserving of a BCS bid than UCF.
What exactly did USF do to be worthy of the BE??? Nothing. How many C-USA Championships did USF win??? I know the actual game wasn't played then,(for the morons that think they can try to sound like they have more than a mail-order education and chime in to say it wasn't played then) but the C-USA Championship was in place then, and USF was in the back seat, as USUAL. UCF is a couple of years behind USF, yep.. but we're gonna pass you, and the NCAA is going to eventually put USF on probation for the low academic standards and crime in your football team, and it's going to get the death penalty like SMU did.
Then your team is going to be pouting on the sidelines like your coach did at the Rutgers game.
USF is going to have (already has) the reputation FSU and UM have had with respect to criminals on the team. Only difference is, they won championships... USF didn't and won't.

SO... if USF got a BCS bid and it didn't deserve it, then why won't UCF; even if in your words "Doesn't deserve it"?
UCF is earning their right to be here, and THEY won't be pouting on the sidelines making an @$$ of themselves.
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#15 Dec 12, 2007
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the "We're gonna join the SEC and be a real good team someday" argument. This is exactly why so many people laugh at UCF - you really expect the SEC or ACC to extend an invitation to you?
What have you done to merit such consideration? There are PLENTY of other schools out there who have been around a lot longer and done a lot more, and would be much more deserving of a BCS bid than UCF.
Hey Get Real... Why don't you GET REAL??? Have you even WATCHED football this year???? I'm not saying UCF will be a superpower overnight, but if they DO get in a GOOD BCS conference (that's excluding the Big Least), they have a great chance of building to be a top 25 team year out. Have you even LOOKED at the recruiting class UCF has this coming year??
After this year, You should KNOW that ANY team is almost capable of knocking off teams in the top 25. The Top 25 is heading for a huge shakedown, and many of the over ranked schools won't be included.

UCF is ranked 27 right now, and 30 in the BCS.... Weeerreee gonna GET YA !!!
Get knowledgeable

Grove City, OH

#16 Dec 12, 2007
"What have you done to merit such consideration?" Wow, if your going to be a hater, at least learn a LITTLE about college football. Since when do accomplishments have anything to do with joining the BCS? Nothing! It's about money, tv market, school size, future growth, etc. You think usf EARNED their way into a BCS conference!? Not a chance, they couldn't even win a CUSA championship! They did not have great facilities either. UCF is building a program the right way, by making a commitment to the program. UCF has built the facilities, spent the money needed to land a great coach and are currently recruiting well. If "accomplishment" got you in, UCF would be "in". When a spot opens in their favor, they will get their chance. Anyone that says you have to earn your way in is an effing idiot. You know NOTHING about the way college football works. If you did, you would respect the UCF program, no way you couldn't. Your probably a Gator fan, because they are doing well, and couldn't name more than 4 players on the team without looking it up. I don't think you people have any clue about the BCS or Div 1 footabll. Pretty sad that posers have to hate on something they know nothing about except what they see on ESPN. BCS=Money & great recruits, much admiration and respect to the programs that don't have those luxuries but still make a commitment to Div 1 and hopes for the future. Keep your head high UCF, at least when you get there, you will have been part of it and your fans will be knowledgeable.
Apple Pie

North Fort Myers, FL

#17 Dec 12, 2007
ucfrocks wrote:
The SEC has been looking to expand. UCF is one of the top programs in the state. I know UF would not want us to enter because they are afraid of us. Our campus is superior to any other school in Florida. Can you smell the jealousy???
afraid?

UF beat you 250 to zero in football last year and then you cancel. USF beat you this year 64-12 and all you have are excuses. Your basketball team pulled out a win over #304 ranked team and once again lost to USF in basketball who is now ranked 53rd, higherst of all Florida teams.

Yup, you got it right, afraid.
Apple Pie

North Fort Myers, FL

#18 Dec 12, 2007
Get knowledgeable wrote:
"What have you done to merit such consideration?" Wow, if your going to be a hater, at least learn a LITTLE about college football. Since when do accomplishments have anything to do with joining the BCS? Nothing! It's about money, tv market, school size, future growth, etc. You think usf EARNED their way into a BCS conference!? Not a chance, they couldn't even win a CUSA championship! They did not have great facilities either. UCF is building a program the right way, by making a commitment to the program. UCF has built the facilities, spent the money needed to land a great coach and are currently recruiting well. If "accomplishment" got you in, UCF would be "in". When a spot opens in their favor, they will get their chance. Anyone that says you have to earn your way in is an effing idiot. You know NOTHING about the way college football works. If you did, you would respect the UCF program, no way you couldn't. Your probably a Gator fan, because they are doing well, and couldn't name more than 4 players on the team without looking it up. I don't think you people have any clue about the BCS or Div 1 footabll. Pretty sad that posers have to hate on something they know nothing about except what they see on ESPN. BCS=Money & great recruits, much admiration and respect to the programs that don't have those luxuries but still make a commitment to Div 1 and hopes for the future. Keep your head high UCF, at least when you get there, you will have been part of it and your fans will be knowledgeable.
Happy 30th year of football UCF, build build build. FYI, when USF raced in and out of COnf. USA thaere was actually some competition.

Basketball anyone?
Get Knowledgeable

Grove City, OH

#19 Dec 12, 2007
Apple Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy 30th year of football UCF, build build build. FYI, when USF raced in and out of COnf. USA thaere was actually some competition.
Basketball anyone?
So when USF was in CUSA there were running backs that rushed for over 2,000 yards? A team that finished with the nation's # 1 offense. No, there wasn't. It wasn't a highly regarded conference then, and isn't now. You should move on to basketball because you are in over your head with football. Stop posting you effing moron.
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#20 Dec 13, 2007
Apple Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy 30th year of football UCF, build build build. FYI, when USF raced in and out of COnf. USA thaere was actually some competition.
Basketball anyone?
Come on Apple Pie... Are you REALLY serious? Or are you just screwing around. I can't believe anyone could REALLY be THAT stupid. It's physically not possible.
Oh wait... You're a USF grad? oh... ok. Nevermind. I guess it IS that possible for a mentally challenged monkey to get a degree after all. Did you have to squeal AND beat on something in order to "earn" it? I didn't realize they raised their standards before they emailed you a receipt and a web link to print out your $19.95 degree.
If you think there was more competition in C-USA when you were there, you're delusional. The only other team that was good was Louisville. So because they left, now the conference was easy??? In addition, they added SEVERAL teams that would have smacked around USF all the way back to their momma!
If you spend 30 seconds of research, you can clearly see how Southern Miss used to beat up on USF... Oh yeah, that's the team we beat this year.
USF Couldn't even become BOWL ELIGIBLE in C-USA!!! HOW PATHETIC!!!
Yeah, you guys had a good team this year... HAD a good team. BUT, our team is getting stronger than yours, and we are just now starting to come out of the rebuilding phase, while you've been out of yours for a WHILE now.
Why don't you go to Rivals.com and look up the recruiting for UCF AND USF! If you look at USFs committments, you can see which schools they were considering. Only 2 or so chose USF over UCF, INCLUDING your one who has a "Soft verbal"... NOW, go look at UCFs committments... UCF has at least 4 committments at this moment (Solid Verbals only) who chose us over your $1.99 flash in the pan school. You know what? Get used to it. Your coach is already upset that we are taking all of his recruits. He's even been quoted by ESPN- WHINING YET AGAIN- that UCF is his toughest competition in recruiting.
But you KNOW THIS already, which is why you're in here running your diarrhea of the mouth. If you TRULY weren't worried about us, you'd be off enjoying you day doing something NORMAL. Instead, you're not. You're busy playing with your Barbie dolls, nervously humming "She'll be Coming Around The Mountain When She Comes" while combing their hair for hours on end and staring in the mirror constantly saying "Look Mommy... I'm Pretty!".
GO KNIGHTS

Denver, CO

#21 Dec 13, 2007
Apple Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy 30th year of football UCF, build build build. FYI, when USF raced in and out of COnf. USA thaere was actually some competition.
Basketball anyone?
Stick to one sport you moron! You OBVIOUSLY can't handle more than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Florida Golden Knights NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCF fans won't be hooping it up anytime soon (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News UCF guard Isaiah Sykes' rise to pro prospect fu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News Michael Jordan's son arrested after Omaha hotel... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Duh 2
News Miners take on UCF in Monday morning basketball... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jay 16
News UTEP tries to rebound against UCF (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miners1 10
News C-USA teams all over .500 (Jan '11) Jan '11 kol 6
News Miners Mania: UTEP men's basketball team turns ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 javi 10
More from around the web