Knights golden in rivalry showdown ag...

Knights golden in rivalry showdown against Bulls

There are 26 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Knights golden in rivalry showdown against Bulls. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

UCF Coach Kirk Speraw pulled out all the stops to fire up his players. He talked with the Knights at length this past week about the history of the UCF program, emphasizing that it had been 14 years since UCF ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UCF Fan

New York, NY

#1 Dec 6, 2008
Another solid win by this group containing 8 freshmen. This team could really end up being the squad that takes UCF hoops to the next level.
UCF Grad

Oviedo, FL

#2 Dec 6, 2008
What a great atmosphere tonite at the UCF game. Nice to see a team filled with freshman and sophomores step up to the challenge...but JT, TD and Z lead this team to victory
UCF

AOL

#3 Dec 6, 2008
I watched the game on TV tonight, and I was impressed by the defensive effort down the stretch. This team could be pretty good by the end of the year. Tony Davis scored about 10 straight points for us in the second half when we took the lead. The announcers talked about how impressed they were with all the new facilities. It was a good night to be a Knight.
Knights Student

Portland, OR

#4 Dec 7, 2008
Agreed. The game was a blast, the atmosphere exciting, and the Knights delivered. Hopefully there were some potential recruits in the stands!
DaytonaFan

AOL

#5 Dec 7, 2008
Kirk showed he is one of the best big-game coaches around, both in preparing and motivation before the games as well as game management. After every time out, the set play called resulted in a score. Injuries and a need for maturity led Speraw to play with 6 guys -- only one a freshman -- after playing 10 to 12 all season. Superb conditioning and Speraw-led cheerleading (when "the students forgot how to cheer"). Suddenly UCF players melded into a unit playing Kirk-style smothering defense and inside game opportunism it had lacked. The result was I-4 bragging rights for future recruiting, because USF isn't scheduled to play the Knight in basketball or football.
Jay

Palm Bay, FL

#6 Dec 7, 2008
It's too bad this write-up will not be more prominently featured in the Orlando Sentinel. You're 100x more likely to know that a UCF football player got dehydrated during a workout than to know that UCF even has a hoops team by reading the Sentinel.

You also can't miss the fact that "Florida was undoubtedly sent from the heavins from the Lord Jesus Christ himself to be the most dominant force of college football ever witnessed by man" if you're reading the Orlando Sentinel.

I like the work you do Iliana, but I really hope your boss is out of a job soon.
I hate the Gators

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2008
Illiana has been doing a fine job but as long as Lou Diamond Hoppes is teabagging Tebow, any story out out of Gainesville will get more coverage than UCF.
Chomp this

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Dec 7, 2008
Time for u to nix this series wih USF and go out on top. Next year we should replace USF on the schedule with Rollins or Bethune Cookman.
UCFAlumni

Polk City, FL

#9 Dec 7, 2008
Illiana,
Will the sentinel deliver Dunkin Donuts with the paper before UCF plays Memphis in January?

I am looking forward to see how your bosses place coverage in the sports page when Memphis comes to town.

"Kirk is coaching his brains out", John Caliprari
Drunk

Lake Mary, FL

#10 Dec 7, 2008
I find it hillarious that UCF always claims games against USF are a "rivalry."
UCF Grad

Oviedo, FL

#11 Dec 7, 2008
Drunk wrote:
I find it hillarious that UCF always claims games against USF are a "rivalry."
This was no rivalry game...it was an embarrassing beat down loss for the bulls.
Drunk

Lake Mary, FL

#12 Dec 7, 2008
UCF Grad wrote:
<quoted text> This was no rivalry game...it was an embarrassing beat down loss for the bulls.
You're quite the UCF chest thumper aren't you? Proud of your football team's lying coach, pitiful season, and crappy stadium. You are pathetic. It's OK, keep living your lie. We all know you wish you went to a school that actually gets respect and has tradition.
Facts Are

Kissimmee, FL

#13 Dec 7, 2008
UCF Grad wrote:
<quoted text> This was no rivalry game...it was an embarrassing beat down loss for the bulls.
Beat down? Lol, you only won by 8. First win against USF in 14 YEARS! And you now are 5-18 against them, LOL! Yeah real beat down. There is not a program around that considers your pathetic little university as a "rivalry" game in ANY sport.
UCF Grad

Oviedo, FL

#14 Dec 7, 2008
Drunk wrote:
<quoted text>
You're quite the UCF chest thumper aren't you? Proud of your football team's lying coach, pitiful season, and crappy stadium. You are pathetic. It's OK, keep living your lie. We all know you wish you went to a school that actually gets respect and has tradition.
You must be drunk, this article is about basketball, not football.
UCF Grad

Oviedo, FL

#15 Dec 7, 2008
Facts Are wrote:
<quoted text>
Beat down? Lol, you only won by 8. First win against USF in 14 YEARS! And you now are 5-18 against them, LOL! Yeah real beat down. There is not a program around that considers your pathetic little university as a "rivalry" game in ANY sport.
Did you go to the game? It was a beat down by a team filled with freshman and sophomores. If these young kids would have stopped their rookie turnovers and hit FTs better, the score would have been much worse. So stop living in the past and figure out how to realize that all that matters was the scoreboard from last nite. LMAO!
Facts Are

Kissimmee, FL

#16 Dec 7, 2008
UCF Grad wrote:
<quoted text>Did you go to the game? It was a beat down by a team filled with freshman and sophomores. If these young kids would have stopped their rookie turnovers and hit FTs better, the score would have been much worse. So stop living in the past and figure out how to realize that all that matters was the scoreboard from last nite. LMAO!
Fact are donkey is in the last 14 YEARS you have won one ball game against USF in either sport. You are 0-4 in football and now 5-18 in basketball. So stop acting like such a ucif donk, and show you have more than a 12 year olds mentality.
UCF Grad

Oviedo, FL

#17 Dec 7, 2008
Facts Are wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact are donkey is in the last 14 YEARS you have won one ball game against USF in either sport. You are 0-4 in football and now 5-18 in basketball. So stop acting like such a ucif donk, and show you have more than a 12 year olds mentality.
FACTS ARE UCF 71 - Usf Steers 63
Facts Are

Kissimmee, FL

#18 Dec 7, 2008
UCF Grad wrote:
<quoted text>FACTS ARE UCF 71 - Usf Steers 63
Facts Are UCF Grad = ucif DONKEY
UCF Grad

Oviedo, FL

#19 Dec 7, 2008
Facts Are wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts Are UCF Grad = ucif DONKEY
I know the truth hurts, but the FACTS ARE UCF 71 - Usf Steers 63
Facts Are

Kissimmee, FL

#20 Dec 7, 2008
UCF Grad wrote:
<quoted text>I know the truth hurts, but the FACTS ARE UCF 71 - Usf Steers 63
You are right, the truth hurts AND

Fact Are UCF Grad = ucif DONKEY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Florida Golden Knights NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCF fans won't be hooping it up anytime soon (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News UCF guard Isaiah Sykes' rise to pro prospect fu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News Michael Jordan's son arrested after Omaha hotel... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Duh 2
News Miners take on UCF in Monday morning basketball... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jay 16
News UTEP tries to rebound against UCF (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miners1 10
News C-USA teams all over .500 (Jan '11) Jan '11 kol 6
News Miners Mania: UTEP men's basketball team turns ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 javi 10
More from around the web