State-of-the-art motion-capture studi...

State-of-the-art motion-capture studio opens at UCF's Florida I...

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 8, 2008, titled State-of-the-art motion-capture studio opens at UCF's Florida I.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Vicon Entertainment's House of Moves studio is heralded as the linchpin of what will be a high-tech "creative village" at the heart of downtown Orlando.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

WTF

Mount Airy, MD

#1 Jan 8, 2008
Mo-cap is fine for video games and robots in movies, but it never looks 100% like real people. They spent so much time and money on Beowulf that they could have done it all live action and it would have been a better movie because of that. Watch the hands in Beowulf or any other mo-crap movie, they're always stiff like mannequin hands! Zemeckis has gotten ld and lazy, I guess he would have done Forrest Gump CG if he could have. On the brighter side I saw Beowulf in DIGITAL 3-D and aside from some hokey 'jab something at the camera' shots it looked GREAT!
Anonymous

Scottsmoor, FL

#2 Jan 8, 2008
What is the House of Moves?
cgb

Orlando, FL

#3 Jan 8, 2008
UCF claims to be so broke that they can't give pay raises, but they have $1 million to subsidize a motion capture studio for a private company that doesn't even need one?(The article says that they aren't sure whether the studio will be used often, because Vicon already has a studio in L.A.) Once again it's obvious that UCF cares more about frills than about education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Florida Golden Knights NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCF fans won't be hooping it up anytime soon (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News UCF guard Isaiah Sykes' rise to pro prospect fu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News Michael Jordan's son arrested after Omaha hotel... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Duh 2
News Miners take on UCF in Monday morning basketball... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jay 16
News UTEP tries to rebound against UCF (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miners1 10
News C-USA teams all over .500 (Jan '11) Jan '11 kol 6
News Miners Mania: UTEP men's basketball team turns ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 javi 10
More from around the web