UCF blows big lead; beats East Carolina

UCF blows big lead; beats East Carolina

There are 16 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 19, 2008, titled UCF blows big lead; beats East Carolina. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Jermaine Taylor scored a career-high 32 points and Central Florida recovered from blowing a big lead to beat East Carolina 71-66 Saturday night to stay unbeaten in Conference USA.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

DaytonaFan

AOL

#1 Jan 19, 2008
UCF has beaten every team they should have beaten and played all the top teams close. The upperclassmen showed character down the stretch for the second straight game after losing large leads. The schedule gets tough now. Come on out to cheer UCF in their beautiful new arena this Wednesday against a high quality UTEP team. You won't be disappointed with the college game experience. You'll never want to see another pro game again.
Knightshift

Ferndale, FL

#2 Jan 20, 2008
Queue the UCF haters in...3...2...1....
Jay

Oviedo, FL

#3 Jan 20, 2008
Knightshift wrote:
Queue the UCF haters in...3...2...1....
Actually, it's only one UCF hater that makes comments on here. That guy from Ft. Meyers. I feel sorry for him.

Big game against UTEP on Wednesday. Ft. Meyers guy should come and see what a fun time he's missing!
UCFGrad

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jan 20, 2008
I've been stuck in LA for the past week but I was able to follow the game on the NET. Nice win to stay undefeated in CUSA. Gooooo Knights!
Go Knights

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Jan 21, 2008
DaytonaFan wrote:
UCF has beaten every team they should have beaten and played all the top teams close. The upperclassmen showed character down the stretch for the second straight game after losing large leads. The schedule gets tough now. Come on out to cheer UCF in their beautiful new arena this Wednesday against a high quality UTEP team. You won't be disappointed with the college game experience. You'll never want to see another pro game again.
The schedule gets tough now?

Dude, we just beat East Carolina the 213th ranked team in the country and UTEP is ranked over 100. Our strength of schedule is down to 130th and falling fast.

Now we are going to make Jermaine Taylor the Kevin Smith of the basketball court. I know the building still smells new and thta is important to you but I think I will hang out somewhere else until they beat some real teams.

My Knights blew it earlier in non-conference games where they had a chance to beat some real teams.

Go Knights, I'll be there when you get it together!

Go Knights

Cape Coral, FL

#6 Jan 21, 2008
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's only one UCF hater that makes comments on here. That guy from Ft. Meyers. I feel sorry for him.
Big game against UTEP on Wednesday. Ft. Meyers guy should come and see what a fun time he's missing!
Well, speak for yourself as there are lots of UCF fans in Fort Myers! Now Jay, time for you go back to your USF hate site and post with your friends.

Go Knights
Go Knights

AOL

#7 Jan 21, 2008
Go Knights wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, we just beat East Carolina the 213th ranked team in the country and UTEP is ranked over 100. Our strength of schedule is down to 130th and falling fast.
Now we are going to make Jermaine Taylor the Kevin Smith of the basketball court. I know the building still smells new and thta is important to you but I think I will hang out somewhere else until they beat some real teams.
My Knights blew it earlier in non-conference games where they had a chance to beat some real teams.
Wow, I thought basketball was more competitive than Conference USA Football. Thanks for giving us the facts.

Since: Sep 07

Oviedo, FL

#8 Jan 21, 2008
Go Knights wrote:
<quoted text>
And the USF troll finally shows it's head. lol!

Oviedo, FL

#9 Jan 21, 2008
Go Knights wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, speak for yourself as there are lots of UCF fans in Fort Myers! Now Jay, time for you go back to your USF hate site and post with your friends.
Go Knights
Is that another USF Cow basketball loss I see? What is that,#7 or 8 in a row?
Chi-town

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 22, 2008
Go Knights wrote:
<quoted text>
and there he is, from fort meyers. the ucf hater.
Chi-town

Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 22, 2008
USF simply blows...at life. Which basketball player is having their exams taken by Ben Moffitt's wife this week?
UCF

Fairport, NY

#12 Jan 22, 2008
Chi-town wrote:
USF simply blows...at life. Which basketball player is having their exams taken by Ben Moffitt's wife this week?
Now now, you have a hate site all your own to post this kind of stuff. Careful now, your hate site may just blow your last chance for a smackdown from USF this Fall.

Can't compete so attack, how pathetic but expected.

64-12
75-67
UCF

Fairport, NY

#13 Jan 22, 2008
UCFGrad wrote:
<quoted text>Is that another USF Cow basketball loss I see? What is that,#7 or 8 in a row?
It's called College basketball. Google it, you won't find Conference USA listed there.

You never learn, just like football 75-67.

Life in the bubble.
UCF

Fairport, NY

#14 Jan 22, 2008
UCFGrad wrote:
<quoted text> And the USF troll finally shows it's head. lol!
Facts are hard to deal with but very valuable. Attack on my bitter little friend.

Oviedo, FL

#15 Jan 22, 2008
UCF wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called College basketball. Google it, you won't find Conference USA listed there.
You never learn, just like football 75-67.
Life in the bubble.
Way to avoid my question and the reality of the Cows Basketball losing streak. Check out this site...CUSA is #1 in college basketball: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

Oviedo, FL

#16 Jan 22, 2008
UCF wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are hard to deal with but very valuable. Attack on my bitter little friend.
Here's the real facts: http://www.kiva.net/~jsagarin/sports/cbsend.h...
UCF at #108 and the USF Cows at #104. Looks like the steers are falling fast just like the USF football team. Now jump...jump with another lame reply. And I'm not bitter, just amused. lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Central Florida Golden Knights NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCF fans won't be hooping it up anytime soon (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News UCF guard Isaiah Sykes' rise to pro prospect fu... (Mar '14) Mar '14 ucffan 1
News Michael Jordan's son arrested after Omaha hotel... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Duh 2
News Miners take on UCF in Monday morning basketball... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jay 16
News UTEP tries to rebound against UCF (Feb '11) Feb '11 Miners1 10
News C-USA teams all over .500 (Jan '11) Jan '11 kol 6
News Miners Mania: UTEP men's basketball team turns ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 javi 10
More from around the web