OSU gets curious seeding | BuckeyeXtra

If Ohio State had a case for being the second-best No.2 seed in the NCAA Tournament field, why were the Buckeyes placed in the same region as Kansas, the tournament's overall No.1? UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero, the chairman of the tournament selection committee, said after the bracket was released last night that the perception of where Ohio ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Unrepentant Cynic

Pickerington, OH

#82 Mar 15, 2010
None of this matters. Josh Elliot of ESPN predicted this morning that OSU is, "one and done."

Take it to the bank. Josh Elliot said so.
Power 18

Columbus, OH

#83 Mar 15, 2010
I dont remember seeing a tournament this lopsided looking ever. I dont know why they didnt balance out the midwest and south. The south is basically a NIT bracket while the midwest is a clash of the titans.
ImUrPO

Ashland, OH

#84 Mar 16, 2010
There are some valid points made. However, Ohio State did get screwed. I understand that you have to beat the best teams to win the championship. My 9 year old son understands that better than most of you. All I'm saying is Ohio State is NOT the Lowest of all the # 2 seeds. The lowest # 2 seed should be placed in the overall # 1's bracket. This is the toughest bracket in the tournament. The tournament is all about matchups & Ohio State got a raw deal. If thats hard for most of you to understand, I feel bad for ya.

GO BUCKEYES !!!!
Ron

Los Angeles, CA

#85 Mar 17, 2010
buckeye up north wrote:
be thankful that the bucks get to play all of their games close to home. would you rather they be on the west coast?
If that's where they win, yes.
Mike in Raleigh

Chapel Hill, NC

#86 Mar 17, 2010
FLABUCK wrote:
<quoted text>
He says Columbus is weak when it comes to sports. Hmmmm...Bengals have maybe one winning season every 5 years, and when they do they lose first round of the playoffs. Reds haven't seen a postseason in over a decade (keep in mind I am a Reds fan). And he says Columbus is a weak sports town? Am I missing a sport that Cincinnati has? Oh yeah, UC basketball which will maybe get an invite to the NIT, UC football who had a couple good years but are back to giving away tickets now that the only hope they had walked to Notre Dame, and what else? I'll take a top ten football team, top ten mens basketball team, top ten womens basketball team, and top ten baseball team any day over that mess!
It's downright strange, the vitriol coming out of Cincy on this board. Cincy hates Cleve, and vice versa, I recall from college days. That's cool, and fun. But hating CMH as a sports town? First, there should be no competition between CMH and any other Ohio city for pro sports, because there is no overlap in pro teams b/w CMH and Cincy or Cleve. Second, Frank Sinatra commented on what a great sports town CMH is in the movie "The Manchurian Candidate".
Looks like a couple of stray Cincy dudes will just have to live unhappy lives because tOSU has great sports (not to mention great academic programs).
Go Bucks
(from a fan of the Bengals and Reds going back before those guys were even born, most likely).
Steve Tellers

Lakewood, OH

#87 Mar 18, 2010
CBS wants duke and their team of white boys to go as far in the tourney as possible, that is why the regions are so unbalanced.
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#88 Mar 19, 2010
Steve Tellers wrote:
CBS wants duke and their team of white boys to go as far in the tourney as possible, that is why the regions are so unbalanced.
This whole line of comments is absurd and the reporter should know better. The tournament committee has a hard enough job without people claiming it has some duty to fine tune WHICH number one seed a number two seed may eventually face.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#89 Mar 22, 2010
Yeah, I'm really happy that the Buckeyes are paired with Kansas. We can definitely beat Kansas when we play then in the tourn...oh wait, Kansas lost. Now we'll have to play the powerhouse known as...Northern Iowa? Welcome to the Final Four, Bucks!!!
the truth

Columbus, OH

#90 Apr 7, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
Yeah, I'm really happy that the Buckeyes are paired with Kansas. We can definitely beat Kansas when we play then in the tourn...oh wait, Kansas lost. Now we'll have to play the powerhouse known as...Northern Iowa? Welcome to the Final Four, Bucks!!!
The buckeyes were in the final four.....ok..i missed them when I watched Butler/Michgan State and WV/Duke....was there another game that night?

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#91 Apr 7, 2010
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The buckeyes were in the final four.....ok..i missed them when I watched Butler/Michgan State and WV/Duke....was there another game that night?
Are you dumb? OSU didn't play in the final four. I wrote my comment before they played Tennessee. I know you were trying to be insulting, but you just made yourself look stupid. OSU played great this year and I was happy with their finish. You should try to get out of the house more.

Oh, and seeing as how I picked 2/4 final four teams, 1/2 final teams, and the champion right, I'm pretty happy with my bracket too. I won my pool, by the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of California, Santa Barbara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Season to remember | BuckeyeXtra (May '11) May '11 Big Time 5
Men's volleyball: Buckeyes win first national t... (May '11) May '11 Joe from Kettering 24
UTEP women's basketball: Miners' offense on hia... (Dec '10) Dec '10 catnapfever 1
Dirtbags' goal only thing swept away (Apr '10) Apr '10 Leadership 2
Palma High alum Orlando Johnson leading UC Sant... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Kevin 4
Buckeyes Ready To Open Tourney | WBNS-10TV, Cen... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Net Guru 7
Adios, Gauchos | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jason 20
More from around the web