OSU gets curious seeding | BuckeyeXtra

If Ohio State had a case for being the second-best No.2 seed in the NCAA Tournament field, why were the Buckeyes placed in the same region as Kansas, the tournament's overall No.1? UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero, the chairman of the tournament selection committee, said after the bracket was released last night that the perception of where Ohio ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tom

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Mar 15, 2010
stop crying let the kids play!
New Era

Devon, PA

#3 Mar 15, 2010
The Buckeyes showed yesterday they are capable of playing anyone in the country and if they play that hard through the NCAA seedings that they are matched with.They will go a long way.The Buckeyes just might be the surprise team of the year.
Go Buckeyes!!!!
jbuckeye8

Fort Mill, SC

#4 Mar 15, 2010
Time to put up or shut up. Don't worry about where you placed, just win and move on!

Go Buckeyes!
ImUrPO

Ashland, OH

#5 Mar 15, 2010
I don't care what anyone say's, Ohio State got Screwed by the Selection Committee. Putting OSU in the same bracket as Kansas is Ridiculous. That means OSU is the Weakest of the # 2 seeds. West Virginia is a better # 2 seed, but after that OSU has done better than the other two. This is a slap in our kids face.

Well, Ohio State has to prove themselves once again. In the Hardest bracket I might add.

Good Luck Buckeyes !!! Great WIN !!
MHS

South Charleston, OH

#6 Mar 15, 2010
If we expect to win the National Championship, we'll have to beat a #1 team anyway. Why not beat them in the Regional? If we don't think we can beat Kansas then how do we expect to win the tournament?

Go Bucks!
Randy

Raleigh, NC

#7 Mar 15, 2010
Really curious. while Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Ok State, and Tennessee are in the lower half of the bottom bracket while Nova (#2 seed in the South) will not see a decent team until the eite 8.
23warrior

Bucyrus, OH

#8 Mar 15, 2010
Stop whining, Buckeye Crybabies. With a 54 RPI rating you ought to just be glad the Buckeyes got a #2 seed at all. I agree with MHS of Pickerington. If you can't beat Kansas in their region, how do you expect to be a National Champion.
The Wiz

Clayton, NC

#9 Mar 15, 2010
I've followed this thread during the season and the Big 10 tournament proves you analysts right. We'll get tired legs because we don't substitute. Notice how we faded in the 2nd OT Saturday and the 2nd half Sunday (scored only 55 points). We don't match up with teams with a big front line. We were manhandled by Iverson and Sampson III. Now we're screwed by the selection committee. I'm a Buckeye fan or I wouldn't be reading this stuff, but guys & gals, our RPI is only 26 and the committee has that info.
J Kelly

Wapakoneta, OH

#10 Mar 15, 2010
Looked awesome yesterday, now lets not get big heads and be the Choker team this year !!
hmmm

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 15, 2010
i don't think getting the top seed in your region means you got screwed. if OSU had to go out to the west coast for their region, then yes, they'd have a right to complain.

milwaukee, and then st. louis for game sites? not bad at all. and then an up and down georgetown as the 3 seed. anything less than a regional final would be disappointing.
Brutus

Toledo, OH

#12 Mar 15, 2010
Go Buckeyes beat UC santa barbara. One game at a time guys.
Chaz

Columbus, OH

#13 Mar 15, 2010
If I have learned anything this year, it's that you don't count the Buckeyes out of anything! To include a last minute 3 to beat MI or a double over time to beat IL. Let's not forget that they were not supposed to end up #1 in in the big 10 conference or win the big ten tourney. I think they were projected to be 4th or 5th in the big 10 this year.
These kids have played their hearts out winning 27 games with basically 5 guys.One thing for sure, They have more faith in their selves than a lot of their so called fans. GO Bucks!!
Olentangy Iconoclast

Lewis Center, OH

#14 Mar 15, 2010
Thank you Bob, OSU got hosed a bit, all the three top seeds in that region actually got hosed. Kansas, the overall #1 seed, OSU, supposedly the #2 2 seed, and Georgetown who everyone but the selection committee had as a 2 seed as the 3 seed. For some reason they decided to pack this region and stick it to all those teams.

Nothing is easy, I'm not saying that, but by comparison media darlings Duke and Kentucky have a cakewalk.

All kind of surprising in out case because our guy is on the committee and in fact will be taking it over.

So yes, curious at the very least.
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 15, 2010
"If Ohio State had a case for being the second-best No.2 seed in the NCAA Tournament field, why were the Buckeyes placed in the same region as Kansas, the tournament's overall No.1?"

This gets silly Bob. It's hard enough for the committee to pick 65 teams fairly and seed them. Now you're demanding that they make some fine-tuned "fair" distinctions about WHICH of the four number one seeds a number two seed should play? Come on.
dean

Saraland, AL

#16 Mar 15, 2010
it shouldn't matter what bracket. if you want to win it all, you'll have to go through the best eventually. for us, it just comes a little early. if osu welcomes that challenge, no problem. forget the bracket and just play ball.
halm

Denver, CO

#17 Mar 15, 2010
The Big Ten gets norespect in BAsketball. So GO BUCKS---prove them wrong.
Harold

Columbus, OH

#18 Mar 15, 2010
I like the seeding...If the buckeyes play like they did the second half against Minnesota they can beat anyone in this tournament!!
Of course

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Mar 15, 2010
If they're seeding by the "S Curve" they claim to then yes, the Bucks got screwed. I'm actually more curious as to how Duke got the 3rd #1 seed over Syracuse and a #1 seed period over WV? This may be the worst seeding I've seen in years. How the hell did the ACC get so many teams in? Talk about a weak conference. And yes, how can OSU expect to win a national championship without beating Kansas? Well... maybe they were hoping to see Kansas in the Final 4 or the Championship, not the Elite 8. I think it's time they go to a set criteria, I've actually thought this for a while. That way teams know what needs to be done to get in and there won't be any way to justify a case of Coach K bromance.
Kevin_H

Dayton, OH

#20 Mar 15, 2010
Based on Guerrero's comments, the committee foolishly focused on where to place teams geographically...likely to make sure they could sell tickets. IMO,'nova and OSU should be swapped, but then Georgetown would also need to move since they are #3 in the midwest. What a mess. It is what it is, go get 'em boys! Oh, and Florida in as a #10 seed is silly, IMO.
Brutus

Toledo, OH

#21 Mar 15, 2010
Chaz wrote:
If I have learned anything this year, it's that you don't count the Buckeyes out of anything! To include a last minute 3 to beat MI or a double over time to beat IL. Let's not forget that they were not supposed to end up #1 in in the big 10 conference or win the big ten tourney. I think they were projected to be 4th or 5th in the big 10 this year.
These kids have played their hearts out winning 27 games with basically 5 guys.One thing for sure, They have more faith in their selves than a lot of their so called fans. GO Bucks!!
We were picked to finish 3rd behind MSU and Purdue. Go Bucks!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of California, Santa Barbara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Season to remember | BuckeyeXtra (May '11) May '11 Big Time 5
Men's volleyball: Buckeyes win first national t... (May '11) May '11 Joe from Kettering 24
UTEP women's basketball: Miners' offense on hia... (Dec '10) Dec '10 catnapfever 1
Dirtbags' goal only thing swept away (Apr '10) Apr '10 Leadership 2
Palma High alum Orlando Johnson leading UC Sant... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Kevin 4
Buckeyes Ready To Open Tourney | WBNS-10TV, Cen... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Net Guru 7
Adios, Gauchos | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jason 20
More from around the web