UTEP men's basketball: Miners expect ...

UTEP men's basketball: Miners expect 'inspired' Tulsa

There are 36 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 29, 2011, titled UTEP men's basketball: Miners expect 'inspired' Tulsa. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

UTEP and Memphis, tied atop the Conference USA basketball tree, will take tests tonight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Danny

El Paso, TX

#21 Jan 29, 2011
Virginia Senator wrote:
I thought this was supposed to be a tight game. Why does the Sheridan line in Vegas/USA Today have Tulsa as a 13 1/2 point favorite?
Actually, Sheridan shows TULSA 131 1/2 Utep. You better bet with odds like that.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sherida...
Danny

El Paso, TX

#22 Jan 29, 2011
The largest RPI numbers are sure beating up on the poor little low RPI teams today. I guess that shows Steve-O just how smart he is.
Danny

El Paso, TX

#23 Jan 29, 2011
And we now have #1 RPI falling to #76 RPI.
JRMaynard3

United States

#24 Jan 29, 2011
wevis1111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell do you think you're 'educating' with all your stats talk? Haven't you learned yet that a game still has to be played and that all statistical analysis and ranking systems fly out the window, especially in this wacky conference? Please...you're just regurgitating a bunch of numbers that people ARE already aware of. Perhaps the original article by Knight should reflect some of the info you give on an almost daily basis, but why don't you ever come with something original and subjective? Personally, I wouldn't give you such a hard time if you brought something that had some thought in it instead of this robotic mesmerization with numbers (stats, records, rankings). I actually felt a little bad for you when everyone about jumped your **** last week, but then I read yor post today and its the same old ****. And as far as giving your actual name and calling people out for not doing the same doesn't make you heroic, it makes you idiotic!
Actually, Bevis, by signing your name to what you write, you add credibility, whether or not someone agrees with it. I commend anyone who has the balls to back up their writing with their signature (though he doesn't list his last name). Hiding behind a monniker on the internet is a sign of the times and the true mark of a coward. As for stats, some folks are into numbers, plain and simple, unlike you, who probably can't make it past the pictures in something as simple as a comic book. Kudos to Steve and his enthusiasm for the Miners! At least someone is paying attention to what's important. Time's up, Bevis! Grab your helmet and crayons and tell Butthead it's time to get back on the short bus. Mommy's waiting.
Steve El Paso-Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

#25 Jan 29, 2011
Paco - You can't read either. I never said I was a sportswriter. Either you can't read or you just make up facts.

Show some knowledge and perhaps explain what happened to UCF who lost 5 conference games in a row.
Danny

El Paso, TX

#26 Jan 29, 2011
Good news: Marshall over Memphis at halftime: 39 - 27
Dont Stand A Chance

United States

#27 Jan 29, 2011
The Miners will defitnately lose this game, they are playing flat.
Prediction
Tulsa 70
UTEP 59
build it

El Paso, TX

#28 Jan 29, 2011
JRMaynard3 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Bevis, by signing your name to what you write, you add credibility, whether or not someone agrees with it. I commend anyone who has the balls to back up their writing with their signature (though he doesn't list his last name). Hiding behind a monniker on the internet is a sign of the times and the true mark of a coward. As for stats, some folks are into numbers, plain and simple, unlike you, who probably can't make it past the pictures in something as simple as a comic book. Kudos to Steve and his enthusiasm for the Miners! At least someone is paying attention to what's important. Time's up, Bevis! Grab your helmet and crayons and tell Butthead it's time to get back on the short bus. Mommy's waiting.
You're backing the wrong guy up here, Mayo. Obviously you have not read some of this so-called fan's previous posts. I do notice today he is calling them UTEP, instead of the Minors, which is what he usually does. So he puts his name Steve, and that makes him a man in your eyes? Takes so little to impress you mayo. He called me out on the same b.s. you're trying, use names. I answered with mine, and asked him a few questions which he never answered. Why? I'm guesing two things, he's actually the coward, or he just can't because me thinks he's not bright enough to. Look at today's posts, with his numbers and rankings things. Then he asks someone to explain UCF's downturn. He's actually making an arguement against himself! Too funny! At any rate, I'm not gonna bother with him anymore, not worth the effort.
wevis1111

New Braunfels, TX

#29 Jan 29, 2011
JRMaynard3 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Bevis, by signing your name to what you write, you add credibility, whether or not someone agrees with it. I commend anyone who has the balls to back up their writing with their signature (though he doesn't list his last name). Hiding behind a monniker on the internet is a sign of the times and the true mark of a coward. As for stats, some folks are into numbers, plain and simple, unlike you, who probably can't make it past the pictures in something as simple as a comic book. Kudos to Steve and his enthusiasm for the Miners! At least someone is paying attention to what's important. Time's up, Bevis! Grab your helmet and crayons and tell Butthead it's time to get back on the short bus. Mommy's waiting.
You've missed the last two weeks worth of posts so for you to come in and comment on something that you obviously know little to nothing about shows your own ignorance. Just like the common fool who has to speak his mind just for the sake of doing so, you demonstrate your own lack of credibility and intelligence. I won't go into my own credentials, but I can assure you that I would take you to school JRGAYnard.
wevis1111

New Braunfels, TX

#30 Jan 29, 2011
build it wrote:
<quoted text>
You're backing the wrong guy up here, Mayo. Obviously you have not read some of this so-called fan's previous posts. I do notice today he is calling them UTEP, instead of the Minors, which is what he usually does. So he puts his name Steve, and that makes him a man in your eyes? Takes so little to impress you mayo. He called me out on the same b.s. you're trying, use names. I answered with mine, and asked him a few questions which he never answered. Why? I'm guesing two things, he's actually the coward, or he just can't because me thinks he's not bright enough to. Look at today's posts, with his numbers and rankings things. Then he asks someone to explain UCF's downturn. He's actually making an arguement against himself! Too funny! At any rate, I'm not gonna bother with him anymore, not worth the effort.
Well said!!!
THE FORTUNE COOKIE SAYS

United States

#31 Jan 29, 2011
UTEP will follow UFC's footsteps after tonights loss to Tulsa.
Tomas

Salt Lake City, UT

#32 Jan 30, 2011
Just as I expected, all the pundants in here can do nothing except insult and try to "one up" each other. You're as pitiful as that collection of misfits you call utep. You're all a bunch of utep whiners, and I have no doubt your next post will include more insults or other derogatory, irrelevant comment. UTEP SUCKS!!
Tomas Little

United States

#33 Jan 30, 2011
Tomas wrote:
Just as I expected, all the pundants in here can do nothing except insult and try to "one up" each other. You're as pitiful as that collection of misfits you call utep. You're all a bunch of utep whiners, and I have no doubt your next post will include more insults or other derogatory, irrelevant comment. UTEP SUCKS!!
Tomas the little boy with girl pigtails in elko naveda is mad because his doll house burn down to the ground.
In two more years she'll start having periods and grow some hairs on her ponochita.
Tomas

Salt Lake City, UT

#34 Jan 30, 2011
Tomas Little wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomas the little boy with girl pigtails in elko naveda is mad because his doll house burn down to the ground.
In two more years she'll start having periods and grow some hairs on her ponochita.
What an intelligent response. You're obviously incapable of rational thought, so you resort to the only thing you know...insults. I feel sorry for you. Everyone in here sees what a pervert you must be. Are you registered? I must apologize...when I said UTEP SUCKS...I didn't realize it would make you think of little girls. But then again, isn't that what utep is; a bunch of little girls?

Since: Jan 11

United States

#35 Jan 31, 2011
What is it with you guys the miners lost to tulsa 9 days ago, who cares we just won against Tulane and nobody says anything good, what gives?
UTEP FAN

El Paso, TX

#36 Jan 31, 2011
Tomas wrote:
<quoted text>
What an intelligent response. You're obviously incapable of rational thought, so you resort to the only thing you know...insults. I feel sorry for you. Everyone in here sees what a pervert you must be. Are you registered? I must apologize...when I said UTEP SUCKS...I didn't realize it would make you think of little girls. But then again, isn't that what utep is; a bunch of little girls?
I see that your back to posting your same, tired old post of UTEP Sucks (and you talk about intellegence?). We hadn't heard from you since UTEP was winning....Sir, go back under your rock....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Tulsa NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor: Unclear if Tulane player is paralyzed (Sep '12) Oct '12 Oscar 4
News Devon Walker Injury: Tulane Safety Taken Off Fi... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anonymous 1
News Tulsa QB Kinne leaves game with injury (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jack 2
News Report: Tulsa suspends WR Johnson (Aug '11) Aug '11 Leroy Dobson 2
News Tulsa Hurricane advances to face UTEP (Mar '11) Mar '11 oh yeah 2
News UTEP's Randy Culpepper, Julyan Stone get All-Co... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bill 7
News UTEP basketball notes: Perez, Bohannon expected... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jake 3
More from around the web