Kansas, Bill Self hope to end their r...

Kansas, Bill Self hope to end their regional final 'jinx' -- Sp...

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Kansas, Bill Self hope to end their regional final 'jinx' -- Sp.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

March has been maddening for Kansas coach Bill Self. Back in 2000, when he was at Tulsa, he guided the Golden Hurricane to a regional final as a seven seed, only to lose to eighth-seeded North Carolina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tom

Muskego, WI

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Hey Bill Self, the one from Amesbury MA, enjoy the first three paragraphs of this article and relive the tournament losses to Bucknell and Bradley. And you say this guy is a great bench coach?
thermal54

Lincoln, IL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Rock chalk Jayhawk!
MWeb

United States

#3 Mar 26, 2008
P*ss on Kansas and p*ss on Bill Self.
Bill Smelf

Largo, FL

#5 Mar 26, 2008
Bill Self---the best regular season college coach today.
Illini fan

Elmhurst, IL

#6 Mar 26, 2008
Bill Self is an **** ****. I pray he and his team loses. **** his **** and **** his **** and the horse he road in on.
dean

Macomb, IL

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
Three words: Middle Tennessee State.
It's one thing to lose in the NCAAs; it's get blown out -- at home -- by The little Sisters of the Poor, like U of I did over and again this year.
Kansas is still playing. And Illinois is not. And Illinois will never go to the NCAAs again as long as Bruce Weber is "coaching," if you can call it that.
You take just about any article that you comment on, regardless of the topic and turn it into a bash Weber diatribe. I am not too concerned about the affect that you will have on Bruce Weber's coaching career, but I am concerned about you. You seem to be frustrated and unfulfilled, not able to validate yourself without tearing someone else down. Tell me, were you bottle or breast fed as an infant?
The Piper

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 26, 2008
BUCKNELL!!!

HAHA
Tom

Muskego, WI

#11 Mar 26, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
Three words: Middle Tennessee State.
It's one thing to lose in the NCAAs; it's get blown out -- at home -- by The little Sisters of the Poor, like U of I did over and again this year.
Kansas is still playing. And Illinois is not. And Illinois will never go to the NCAAs again as long as Bruce Weber is "coaching," if you can call it that.
Middle Tennessee St. was a non-confrence disaster. Now comment on losing to Bucknell a 14 seed in the NCAA tournament. The losing coach in this game was the guy you say is "the greatest coach ever"

One more thing. The article reminds us how the Illini under Bill Self as a 1 seed lost to Arizona in the elite 8. One of the greatest moments in Illini basketball history was when the Bruce Weber led Illini as a 1 seed beat Arizona in the elite 8 to reach the final four. I'm sure you rememeber how coach Weber inspired his team to not give up and overcome the 15 point deficit with 4 minutes left.
The Piper

Chicago, IL

#14 Mar 27, 2008
I remember... it was one of greatest basketball comebacks I have ever watched.
Tom wrote:
I'm sure you rememeber how coach Weber inspired his team to not give up and overcome the 15 point deficit with 4 minutes left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Tulsa NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor: Unclear if Tulane player is paralyzed (Sep '12) Oct '12 Oscar 4
News Devon Walker Injury: Tulane Safety Taken Off Fi... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anonymous 1
News Tulsa QB Kinne leaves game with injury (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jack 2
News Report: Tulsa suspends WR Johnson (Aug '11) Aug '11 Leroy Dobson 2
News Tulsa Hurricane advances to face UTEP (Mar '11) Mar '11 oh yeah 2
News UTEP's Randy Culpepper, Julyan Stone get All-Co... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Bill 7
News UTEP basketball notes: Perez, Bohannon expected... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jake 3
More from around the web