Jenks Pope takes talent to Hurricane

Jenks Pope takes talent to Hurricane

There are 1 comment on the TulsaWorld.com story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Jenks Pope takes talent to Hurricane. In it, TulsaWorld.com reports that:

Tulsa didn't have to search far for one of its newest basketball recruits. Bryson Pope, a 6-foot-6, 195-pound small forward from Jenks, signed a letter of intent on Wednesday afternoon to join the Golden ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TulsaWorld.com.

Hoop Analyzer

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Nov 21, 2008
It appears that Doug Wojcek has made ANOTHER recruiting blunder. Pope is athletic. Pope is a great slasher. Pope can pound the offensive boards with his wiry, 6'5" frame. On the other hand,,, no pun intended, Pope's LEFT hand is sick. And I do not mean that in a positive, good way. The Jenks senior has a strong right hand, but if you totally overplay it....you've eliminated him offensively.[as long as you block him off the boards!]

He sucks at going to his left.
His outside shot is equal to his left hand drives. He does not possess a quality outside shot.

Yes, he is a bonafide college basketball player. BUT, he is not going to lift Tulsa to heights that their fan base demands.

Very strong NAIA, NCAA DIV II or DIV III player.

Wojcek FAILED also in recruiting a true point guard for this years Hurricane squad. Sad that he was forced to move Ben Uzoh to the point. It will wear him down against teams that apply pressure to point guards, drastically reducing his effectiveness at the end of games.

Lastly, Pope is a great kid, and I hope he proves me wrong. But don't count on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulsa Golden Hurricane Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TU Women's Basketball Falls To Thundering Herd (Jan '09) Jan '09 Alumni TUBB 1
News Tulsa Loses To Memphis (Jan '09) Jan '09 Brutal Truth 3
News Hurtt Scores 22 In Tulsa Win Over Dallas Baptist (Nov '08) Nov '08 Original Eastside 1
News Golden Hurricane rips Miner defense (Oct '08) Oct '08 MinerMasher 43
News Quarter by quarter: Tulsa 77, UTEP 35, final (Oct '08) Oct '08 OBONE 3
News 2nd season is a boon for Braves -- Basketball, ... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Steve 1
News Kansas, Bill Self hope to end their regional fi... (Mar '08) Mar '08 The Piper 9
More from around the web