UTEP men's basketball: Miners don't w...

UTEP men's basketball: Miners don't want to slip against Tulane

There are 11 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jan 25, 2011, titled UTEP men's basketball: Miners don't want to slip against Tulane. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

UTEP has gotten the unofficial Conference USA basketball memo, delivered partially by a whacky Saturday of play: Nothing will be easy this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Bill

Vista, CA

#1 Jan 26, 2011
No letdowns this year. Keep the defensive pressure on.
GO MINERS!!!!!
My Two Pennies

Washington, DC

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Go Miners!
wevis1111

Pleasanton, TX

#3 Jan 26, 2011
If we can keep Timmons and Richard off the offensive glass tonight, unlike the last time we played against them, this should be a cake walk for the Miners. I know nothing can be taken for granted in this whacky league, however the only reason Tulane was within striking range was because of their ability to create second chance scoring opportunities. With Floyd at the helm, I can't imagine things will go down even remotely like they did a couple weeks ago. UTEP by 13...
wevis1111

Pleasanton, TX

#4 Jan 26, 2011
A big dose of Britten may be in order tonight. They play tall at the guard but relatively small at forward. This is the type of situation where Britten could score 15 or 16 points. I'm obviously no Tim Floyd but perhaps we should play it down low, early in the game and create some foul trouble before Tulane can even get it going. Go Miners!
Danny

El Paso, TX

#5 Jan 26, 2011
I wonder where Rockport Steve, the attorney and famous former sportswriter, is with his RPI update and predictions?

He's always good for a belly laugh.
Kyle

El Paso, TX

#6 Jan 26, 2011
Danny and build it - Filling in for Rockport Stevie

Tulane has an RPI rating of 216.

If the minors (as Steve spells it) can't win by at least 67 points tonight - they have no chance getting to the NCAA tournament.

Surely Knight doesn't believe Tulane has a 12-6 record and that Floyd thinks that their shooting ability can be dangerous.

It's just all hype on the part of Knight and Floyd.
Steve El Paso-Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

#8 Jan 26, 2011
At least this time Knight is hyping Tulane. They are horrible - UTEP by 15 or so.
Steve El Paso-Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

#9 Jan 26, 2011
I wonder where the coward Danny is who is afraid to give his name????
UTEP by 15 You also predicted Houston would be in the tourney but simply change your screen name when you are proved wrong.
Steve El Paso-Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

#10 Jan 26, 2011
Knight didn't hype them this time -typo

At last knight puts his name behind what he writes.
wevis1111

New Braunfels, TX

#11 Jan 26, 2011
Shows what I know! Britten couldn't make a shot to save his life and my prediction of UTEP by 13 was quite amiss. What a sh!tty game by the Miners. I found myself praying for us to get out of there with even just a one point win.
build it

El Paso, TX

#12 Jan 26, 2011
Kyle wrote:
Danny and build it - Filling in for Rockport Stevie
Tulane has an RPI rating of 216.
If the minors (as Steve spells it) can't win by at least 67 points tonight - they have no chance getting to the NCAA tournament.
Surely Knight doesn't believe Tulane has a 12-6 record and that Floyd thinks that their shooting ability can be dangerous.
It's just all hype on the part of Knight and Floyd.
Lol, too funny! Good job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulane University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor: Unclear if Tulane player is paralyzed (Sep '12) Oct '12 Oscar 4
News Tulane and Ole Miss to honor Devon Walker, and ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Tulane lover 1
News Devon Walker Injury: Tulane Safety Taken Off Fi... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anonymous 1
News Link Gumbo 8/24/12 (Aug '12) Aug '12 joel 1
News Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, E... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jim Little 1
News Halftime: Tulane 38- UTEP 35 (Jan '11) Jan '11 grtwyt 44
News UTEP basketball notes: No easy games in conference (Jan '11) Jan '11 wevis1111 4
More from around the web