UTEP wraps up road trip with win at UCF

Full story: El Paso Times

UTEP, soaring on the wings of a white-hot, sizzling, scorching shooting performance from Randy Culpepper and roaring behind a suffocating defensive effort, crushed UCF 96-59 on Saturday afternoon in Orlando, Fla.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2010
The Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Nice to see they won again! They should be able to make it three in a row against tulane if they keep playing this way. Was worried they may have a let down after getting a huge win on wednesday but definately not the case. Way to stay strong and keep the momentum going. Like the article said,they are right smack in the middle of this conference now.
_Arrrrrrr

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Road wins are a key to success in almost assuring a conference title they will need about four or six of them and the big test comes against UAB next Saturday, fortuantely they'll be a rematch at seasons end in El Paso but if UTEP prevails next Saturday, "WATCH OUT" they could go all the way.
UTEP breaking Memphis 64 conference game winning streak and winning for the first time at UCF could be signs that UTEP's luck is changing but time will tell at seasons end just keep guards up and hope that Texas AM dont come and steal the coach with a more $$$ offer because history can repeat itself when things get going good for UTEP.
The Consequences

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Three in a row does sound good. I think winning against Tulane poses a different challenge for UTEP. Despite the Green Wave's record, it'll be a big win for the Miners to take into UAB. I'm gonna go out on a limb: Wednesday's game against Tulane is a must-win. ... nahh'm (f)uckin' wit chu.
Robert Barraza

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Way to go Miners. Keep it up. We will see you in the tourney!!!!!!!!!!
MinerzRule

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Wow great game guys!! Hope they beat Tulane, three in a row will be awesome for the city and the UTEP athletics. Let's just hope after this nice win they won't choke like UTEP football after beating number 12 in the country Houston....
vick

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

i will not miss a game anymore you boys deserve this!! come on el paso we got something special and if its not this year they are all coming back next year so starting supporting them!!great job make it happen!!
First Sergeant

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

I'd rather see Moultrie at the 2 and bring Portalatin in to play the 3 with Caracter and Britton than see Gordon. He is just taking up space. When you put Stone and him out there its basically 3 on 5 offensively..
First Sergeant

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

_Arrrrrrr wrote:
Road wins are a key to success in almost assuring a conference title they will need about four or six of them and the big test comes against UAB next Saturday, fortuantely they'll be a rematch at seasons end in El Paso but if UTEP prevails next Saturday, "WATCH OUT" they could go all the way.
UTEP breaking Memphis 64 conference game winning streak and winning for the first time at UCF could be signs that UTEP's luck is changing but time will tell at seasons end just keep guards up and hope that Texas AM dont come and steal the coach with a more $$$ offer because history can repeat itself when things get going good for UTEP.
thats the wrong attitude..I hope they do come knockin..that will mean UTEP had a successful season...probably advancing in the big dance...the key to all this is to have a good A.D. one that can find the next great coach and I think UTEP has one..
OjO

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

I really want to see the MINERS in the Big Dance this year!! Hope they continue to stay focused play hard D and make them FT's!!! GO MINERS!!
_Arrrrrrr

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

First Sergeant wrote:
<quoted text>
thats the wrong attitude..I hope they do come knockin..that will mean UTEP had a successful season...probably advancing in the big dance...the key to all this is to have a good A.D. one that can find the next great coach and I think UTEP has one..
So if UTEP has a successful season then you are satisfied that UTEP's coach goes elsewhere and UTEP starts back on the bottom where they normally are.
Look what happen to Billy Gillespie for been greedy he had to settle for mega bucks and a bottle of booze, but wheres the NCAA Championship Trophy?
Had he syated at UTEP without question he could have won a trophy like that but he chose to go where the green and greed are in concert with higher standards of excellence but no guarantees of anything.
JRMaynard3

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

Don't kid yourselves. There are no loyal coaches like Haskins left. Maybe Joe Pa at PSU, but loyalty is out the window when the big $ are at stake... You'd take the promo too!
_Arrrrrrr

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

You're Right, there are no loyal coaches like Haskins, Haskins did leave UTEP once for Detroit but came right back to El Paso.
I think Billy Gillespies real destiny was with UTEP
but the evils of money and greed, success and failure is one big gamble that could be a costly mistake.
dont bite more than you can chew
First Sergeant

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

_Arrrrrrr wrote:
<quoted text>
So if UTEP has a successful season then you are satisfied that UTEP's coach goes elsewhere and UTEP starts back on the bottom where they normally are.
Look what happen to Billy Gillespie for been greedy he had to settle for mega bucks and a bottle of booze, but wheres the NCAA Championship Trophy?
Had he syated at UTEP without question he could have won a trophy like that but he chose to go where the green and greed are in concert with higher standards of excellence but no guarantees of anything.
I feel in any profession the objective is to go as far as you can. UTEP is what they are and Bob Stull realizes this. He is basically the GM if you parrallel the situation to a pro team. As long as he can continue bringing in hungry young coaches UTEP will have success more often than not. Why would I want to hire someone that is satisfied with where they were in life. This is America, founded on the dollar and survived by the dollar. Its OUR way.
Reality

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2010

JRMaynard3 wrote:
Don't kid yourselves. There are no loyal coaches like Haskins left. Maybe Joe Pa at PSU, but loyalty is out the window when the big $ are at stake... You'd take the promo too!
There is no loyalty outside the family.Some would say Haskins was crazy for not taking the money at a different school. His values were definitly not the same as most. Americans are socialized and rewarded for kicking sand in faces and moving up in pay scale and gaining POWER!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tulane Green Wave NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor: Unclear if Tulane player is paralyzed (Sep '12) Oct '12 Oscar 4
Tulane and Ole Miss to honor Devon Walker, and ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Tulane lover 1
Devon Walker Injury: Tulane Safety Taken Off Fi... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Anonymous 1
Link Gumbo 8/24/12 (Aug '12) Aug '12 joel 1
Hawaii News, Honolulu, Honolulu News, Sports, E... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Jim Little 1
Wave flush Miners: Underdog Tulane finds holes ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 The Truth 42
Late TD pass helps Tulane beat UTEP 34-24 (Oct '10) Oct '10 jUTEP 8
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tulane Green Wave NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••