Garrett Gilbert and John Brantley Dem...

Garrett Gilbert and John Brantley Demonstrate How Not To Follow A Legend

There are 4 comments on the Just The Sports story from Jan 4, 2011, titled Garrett Gilbert and John Brantley Demonstrate How Not To Follow A Legend. In it, Just The Sports reports that:

Following a legend is no easy feat as University of Texas quarterback Garrett Gilbert and University of Florida quarterback John Brantley can now attest to after equally disastrous seasons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Just The Sports.

Atl Gator

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2011
Can't say too much about Gilbert, but Brantley is no D1 QB the guy is completely in over his head. No pocket presence, no accuracy, and afraid to throw the deep ball.
MBB

United States

#2 Jan 6, 2011
Gilbert, laser for an arm and a good kid. However cannot read any coverage set at all at this point of his career. Gilbert will skip a wide open receiver to one with double coverage. He looks like a dear in the headlights most of the game. I hope this was just a bad coming out party. I will say the O-line had 3 new starters and their performance at times was very poor. Good size, laser arm, can run the ball and a good kid. Hope 2011 is better. Hook'em
barflyingy

Greenville, TX

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Remember Bill Bradley, circa 1968, the all everything QB from Palestine, TX? Took Darrell 3 games to figure out there was an element missing. Luckily James Street was standing in the wings! Mack has stuck with Gilbert 10 games more than that. There is an existential quality missing that is sometimes hard to see.
no name

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2011
Yea harsh but true! And neither transfered I'm shocked they will both likely be starting next year! Neither one of them showed their teams any promise for next year! I think they'd both look in head sets passin out water!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Green Beret writes open letter to Colin Kaepernick Sep '16 COLORED BOY 3
News Texas QB competition still ongoing after Notre ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News QB Situation next year (Jan '14) Feb '15 walterj 4
News Is Texas QB David Ash's football future in ques... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Gil 1
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
News Seahawks, Rams: DE's Jackson Jeffcoat and Micha... (May '14) May '14 wjn44 1
News Once a Joke, Texas' Defense Should Be Strength ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Texasboy 1
More from around the web