Cleveland Cavaliers' Tristan Thompson Will Be ROY Award Front Runner

Jul 12, 2011 Full story: Right Down Euclid

Since it is highly likely that the NBA lockout will spill into the first season of Cleveland's much needed redemption, predictions will be swirling about things like what the East/West Conference playoff pictures will look like and which rookies were worth the first or second round pick.

Full Story
Yobel

Woodway, TX

#1 Jul 13, 2011
I think you are about to be disappointed. Can you name me a forward that was named ROY based on his defensive play in the last ten years? I cant either. Only two forward ROY award recipients were 6'8 or under and both were offensive players: Lebron James and Mike Miller (who had an awesome 3pt shot).

Regardless of how he was listed at Texas, Tristan played post in college, which is fine because you can have a good game in college playing post at 6'8. However, he's not going to get away with that in the NBA unless he sells out to be the next Dennis Rodman (who did not win ROY BTW). It took years for Rodman to develop the skills to play underneath as an undersized postman. TT doesnt have an outside game yet and I believe it's going to take Tristan 2-3 years to develop the skills to be an effective player in the NBA. He has the athleticism and drive to do it but people should temper their expectations, IMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Texas QB David Ash's football future in ques... Sep '14 Gil 1
Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
Seahawks, Rams: DE's Jackson Jeffcoat and Micha... (May '14) May '14 wjn44 1
Once a Joke, Texas' Defense Should Be Strength ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Texasboy 1
'Jelly doughnut' rock on Mars suddenly appears (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tech_Bro 11
Former Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard adds upside-d... (Jan '14) Jan '14 RickBythewood 1
QB Situation next year (Jan '14) Jan '14 UT Titan 3
More from around the web