ND love in Power Rankings

ND love in Power Rankings

There are 2281 comments on the CNN story from Sep 5, 2006, titled ND love in Power Rankings. In it, CNN reports that:

Posted: Tuesday September 5, 2006 1:27PM; Updated: Tuesday September 5, 2006 8:27PM For eight months I read e-mail after e-mail bemoaning Notre Dame's high preseason rating considering its "awful" defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

First Prev
of 115
Next Last
GEORGE

North Hollywood, CA

#1 Sep 6, 2006
HERE WE GO AGAIN. ND GETTING THE ' POPE ' TREATMENT. THEY BARELY BEAT A WEAK GEORGIA TECH TEAM AND ONLY DROPS 2 SPOTS IN THE POLL. MIAMI LOSES TO A TOUGH FLORDIA STATE TEAM AND DROPS 6 SPOTS, SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME. TO TOP THIS OFF BRADY QUINN, WHO HAD A TERRIBLE GAME, IS STILL IN THE RUNNING FOR THE HEISMAN, AGAIN EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. ANY OTHER HEISMAN CANDIDATE WHO HAD THIS TYPE OF GAME WOULD DROP OUT OF CONSIDERATION, AGAIN A ' POPE ' CALL.
IT'S SHAMEFUL THE ADVANTAGES THAT ND GETS. I THOUGHT THE RECRUITING PROMO DURING THE SC VS ND GAME LAST YEAR WAS THE MOST SHAMEFUL THING I HAVE SEEN IN NCAA FOOTBALL IN A LONG TIME. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS DONE FOR ANY OTHER TEAM, SHOWING THE ND FACILITIES. SHAMEFUL JUST SHAMEFUL.
Tom Reid

United States

#2 Sep 6, 2006
I see the promos all the time in college ball. That aside I'm also sick of the pandering to ND. Especially now on ESPN with old Lou Holtz. ND could lose to Mew Mexico State and here is what you would get. Lou Holtz,,,,," well New Mexico State is relly a good team, they have more weapons than people think. Notre Dame just had an off game, but Quinn will still win the Heisman and lookout for Weiss to gat the Irish fired up against Ball State and have a key victory to keep them in the hunt. Wow what a gret team" BLAAAAHHHHHHHH Notre Dame-OVERRATED
Tom Reid

United States

#3 Sep 6, 2006
I'm also sick of hearing about how ND being good is "good for college football". Any team doing good is good for college football. Notre Dame is no better than ant other school. BTW, they will probably get run by Penn State and Michigan, and will get crushed by USC. And I'll look it up, but doesn't MSU beat them this year also?
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#4 Sep 6, 2006
GEORGE wrote:
HERE WE GO AGAIN. ND GETTING THE ' POPE ' TREATMENT. THEY BARELY BEAT A WEAK GEORGIA TECH TEAM AND ONLY DROPS 2 SPOTS IN THE POLL. MIAMI LOSES TO A TOUGH FLORDIA STATE TEAM AND DROPS 6 SPOTS, SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME. TO TOP THIS OFF BRADY QUINN, WHO HAD A TERRIBLE GAME, IS STILL IN THE RUNNING FOR THE HEISMAN, AGAIN EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. ANY OTHER HEISMAN CANDIDATE WHO HAD THIS TYPE OF GAME WOULD DROP OUT OF CONSIDERATION, AGAIN A ' POPE ' CALL.
IT'S SHAMEFUL THE ADVANTAGES THAT ND GETS. I THOUGHT THE RECRUITING PROMO DURING THE SC VS ND GAME LAST YEAR WAS THE MOST SHAMEFUL THING I HAVE SEEN IN NCAA FOOTBALL IN A LONG TIME. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS DONE FOR ANY OTHER TEAM, SHOWING THE ND FACILITIES. SHAMEFUL JUST SHAMEFUL.
I was actually hoping they would stay right there.. so when Penn State kicks their Irish on Saturday it will set up the Game of the Year between undefeated Ohio State and Penn State on September 23rd..in the Shoe
Broadway Joe

United States

#5 Sep 6, 2006
Bottom line, to get respect outside of NBC Sports or Notre Dame University. Notre Dame must join a Major Conference,they are cowards and like to play
inferior opponets.
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#6 Sep 7, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
Bottom line, to get respect outside of NBC Sports or Notre Dame University. Notre Dame must join a Major Conference,they are cowards and like to play
inferior opponets.
Aside from the Military Academies they take on some pretty good competition this year...including Stanford,UCLA and USC.Although I think they get way too much credit I really can't accuse them of loading up their schedule with crappola teams.
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#7 Sep 7, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
inferior opponets.
Just a clarification.....have we officially changed your name to bj or are we sticking to moron..
Broadway Joe

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2006
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a clarification.....have we officially changed your name to bj or are we sticking to moron..
Put the Irish in the Big-10 or SEC and they might win 6 maybe 7 games in a good year. Outside of USC who do they play? just about every time they play Michigan st. they get spanked. Michigan St.? Pleeze, and yes you played a very good game against USC last year. Ohio St. killed you in your bowl game. Notre Dame had no business being there over a 1 Loss Oregon team anyway. You QB Quin is overated and so is your team. Notre Dame did not show me anything against a UNRANKED Georiga-Tech team. Now go Look in your Mirror and you will see a REAL MORON!!! TYPICAL MYOPIC IRISH FAN.
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#9 Sep 7, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the Irish in the Big-10 or SEC and they might win 6 maybe 7 games in a good year. Outside of USC who do they play? just about every time they play Michigan st. they get spanked. Michigan St.? Pleeze, and yes you played a very good game against USC last year. Ohio St. killed you in your bowl game. Notre Dame had no business being there over a 1 Loss Oregon team anyway. You QB Quin is overated and so is your team. Notre Dame did not show me anything against a UNRANKED Georiga-Tech team. Now go Look in your Mirror and you will see a REAL MORON!!! TYPICAL MYOPIC IRISH FAN.
Did you just learn that myopic word in your english for beginners class......you use it in every one of your post....by the way I am not a ND fan...Penn State and the Big Ten are the only college football worth watching.
Eagle

Hayneville, AL

#10 Sep 7, 2006
If it is a power ranking then shouldn't ND show some power? I wasn't impressed with ND, but Georgia Tech isn't a chump school either. I think ND is, in fact, overrated again.
Tom Reid

United States

#11 Sep 7, 2006
Charlie Weiss is going to have a meltdown this year. He had good propaganda at the beginning of last year posing with that poor sick young boy who eventually, God rest his soul passed on. But the real Charlie is arrogant. Down by at least two scores in the bowl game with OSU he reluctantly came off the sidelines with 8 seconds left to congratulate Mr.Tressel on the OSU victory. The ND alum are also upset with him for NOT attending ND fundraisers.
Broadway Joe

United States

#12 Sep 7, 2006
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just learn that myopic word in your english for beginners class......you use it in every one of your post....by the way I am not a ND fan...Penn State and the Big Ten are the only college football worth watching.
I'm sure you feel fortunate that Florida St. missed those field goals in OT. Only in the BCS can a 7-4 Florida St. team represent their conference. So Penn St. didn't really play anybody that night. Florida St was not a Championship Calibur Team. Penn St. Schedule out of Conference WEAK
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#13 Sep 7, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure you feel fortunate that Florida St. missed those field goals in OT. Only in the BCS can a 7-4 Florida St. team represent their conference. So Penn St. didn't really play anybody that night. Florida St was not a Championship Calibur Team. Penn St. Schedule out of Conference WEAK
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........S orry your still an idiot and if you were right I'd agree with you.
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#14 Sep 7, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure you feel fortunate that Florida St. missed those field goals in OT. Only in the BCS can a 7-4 Florida St. team represent their conference. So Penn St. didn't really play anybody that night. Florida St was not a Championship Calibur Team. Penn St. Schedule out of Conference WEAK
Sorry but the teams of the Big Ten Conference don't pick our opponents...we just beat them.
Tom Reid

United States

#15 Sep 7, 2006
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but the teams of the Big Ten Conference don't pick our opponents...we just beat them.
Charlies meltdown will start with the thrashing by Penn State
Broadway Joe

United States

#16 Sep 7, 2006
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you beat a team with 4 losses. Also how many National Championships has Penn St. won since joining the
Big-10? That's right none, so what that means Jr. is when Penn st. finally joined a conference with competition they couldn't schedule 10 Indepenent doormats year in and year out. It's kind of like present day Notre Dame.
Matt

Pottstown, PA

#17 Sep 8, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you beat a team with 4 losses. Also how many National Championships has Penn St. won since joining the
Big-10? That's right none, so what that means Jr. is when Penn st. finally joined a conference with competition they couldn't schedule 10 Indepenent doormats year in and year out. It's kind of like present day Notre Dame.
Its a shame you only started following college ball in the past year or so......the first 7 years Penn State was in the Big Ten they had a record of 70-16.Those same 7 years USC had a record of 51-34 with 3 of those losses at the hands of .....you guessed it Penn State.
Broadway Joe

United States

#18 Sep 8, 2006
Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a shame you only started following college ball in the past year or so......the first 7 years Penn State was in the Big Ten they had a record of 70-16.Those same 7 years USC had a record of 51-34 with 3 of those losses at the hands of .....you guessed it Penn State.
Matt thats OK you measure your team by a winning percentage and Stats not by National Championships. And in that first seven 7 years they won the Big-10 Championship what 1 time? boy that is a powerhouse. Yes, you couldn't pick your opponent in the BCS Bowl game, but Mighty 10-1 Penn St. hardly dominated a bad, 4 loss Florida St. team. Penn St. didn't win it, Florida St. lost it watch the Video College Genius.
Shep

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Sep 9, 2006
Broadway Joe wrote:
inferior opponets.
Well actually they have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league this year
Shep

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Sep 9, 2006
GEORGE wrote:
Well when you lose games you usally drop more spots than you do when you lose and miamim alos showed they have a horrible horrible offense

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 115
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Texas NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas QB competition still ongoing after Notre ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News QB Situation next year (Jan '14) Feb '15 walterj 4
News Is Texas QB David Ash's football future in ques... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Gil 1
News Adult flag football league recruiting teams, pl... (Aug '07) Jul '14 Mark Martin 135
News Seahawks, Rams: DE's Jackson Jeffcoat and Micha... (May '14) May '14 wjn44 1
News Once a Joke, Texas' Defense Should Be Strength ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Texasboy 1
News 'Jelly doughnut' rock on Mars suddenly appears (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tech_Bro 11
More from around the web