Villanova Freshman Surprises Longhorns

Villanova Freshman Surprises Longhorns

There are 3 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jan 20, 2007, titled Villanova Freshman Surprises Longhorns . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Villanova had the best freshman on the court Saturday and did quite a job containing one of the country's best first-year players.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

durant

Montgomery, TX

#1 Jan 20, 2007
he finally has a rough game. still the best freshman in the country.

http://www.longhorns-championship.com/
T-Bone - Philly

United States

#2 Jan 22, 2007
durant wrote:
he finally has a rough game. still the best freshman in the country.
http://www.longhorns-championship.com/
I was at the game on Saturday and it was a great game - alot of energy in the building and you could see that Texas needed to go through a couple of games like that to prepare them for the NCAA tourney. Durant definitely looks like a PTPer as Dicky V. would say but I'm surprised that Rick Barnes didn't stop him from taking those illadvised shots from way outside the 3 point line - I think if they had gotten the ball to Augustine and Abrams more in the first half, it may have been a different story. I'm surprised that Villanova was able to keep up without Sumpter in the lineup because he is usually the one to hold the team together but Scottie Reynolds played over his head and allowed us to pull it off. Hopefully we can keep it up and make it to the tourney and maybe we will meet again.
Jay

Oakland, CA

#3 Jan 24, 2007
Villanova has progressed tremendously over the course of this season. Picked in the preseason ranked 20 or so because of Nardi and Sumpter, they are winning games because 1) Reynolds has picked up his game; 2) Clark and Cunningham have picked up their game and 3) they can and do shut down the inside presence of opposing big men (Durant of Texas, Hibbert of Georgetown, the big guy at Providence, etc). They are starting to put together impressive wins on the road as well. They are coming along and will probably make a lot of noise come March.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Longhorns Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boulware Bolts for Boomer Sooner (Mar '13) Mar '13 dynamo 1
News Minnesota Gophers women's basketball team gets ... (Mar '08) Mar '09 Anthony 2
News Baylor's top scorer hurts leg in win over Texas (Feb '09) Feb '09 Bball gurl 1
News Texas lands guard (Jun '08) Jun '08 brandon thomas 1
News Texas' Augustin had to make Houston home after ... (Mar '08) Mar '08 marthathomas504 1
News Nash scores 19 to lead No. 21 Texas in 94-35 vi... (Nov '07) Nov '07 Dave Metevier 1
News Family Legacy: Simmons Has Great Pedigree, but ... (Nov '07) Nov '07 stephanie 1
More from around the web