Heartfelt thanks for another shot

Heartfelt thanks for another shot

There are 2 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Heartfelt thanks for another shot. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

AMERICUS, Ga. Four years ago, Anthony "Penny" Sargent was celebrating an Indiana Class 4A high school basketball state championship with NBA rookies Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

carey nall

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 27, 2007
I met Penny in 2000 when he and my son became AAU teammates for the Anderson Wilson Warriors.I was not even aware that he ever had any heart problems as i saw this kid go for over 4 years and play in over 200 games. I am so glad to hear that Penny is healthy and playing hoops again.All I can say is he was a great player but even a greater kid. He was also one of the toughest players ever to stop in the open floor. I hope to catch one of his Georgia games sometime. Your friend, Carey Nall
bd grad of 99

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Nov 27, 2007
big ups to my man lil penny. Him and stanley burrell i grew up on the westside with both of em and smile every time i read something in the paper about them. They were always younger than us but could still hang with us on the court. we actually gave him that nickname in my old apartments cause of his smoothness on the court. Its cool to see some of the youngsters i used to see around the neighborhood doing good. I kinda of feel like we helped him get where he is. cause we used to rough them up on the court and didnt hold back cause they were younger. Big ups to ya lil penny and stanley. Ya boy blue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Pan American Broncs NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ryan Toolson named Division I Independent Playe... (Jul '08) Jul '08 ryan toolson sucks 1
News These Bears need a little more grizzly in them (Dec '07) Dec '07 Cubs Fan 1
News NJIT men's, women's basketball teams to play at... (Oct '07) Oct '07 Fabby 1
News Emotions high during Schuberth's announcement (May '06) May '06 Tom Burns 1
More from around the web