Flashes searching for a new coach

Not long after Texas Christian University made it official Saturday afternoon that Jim Christian had become its new head basketball coach, Kent State Athletic Director Laing Kennedy began the process of finding ... Read more
Trevor Huffman Fan

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2008
Geno Ford would be the best fit and choice. The bad part of the MAC is that successful coaches leave, the good part of the MAC is that most coaches are hungry and want to win. Retreading Ben Braun would be a mistake, look how great St.Louis is doing with Rick Majerus. The only way Geno doesn't get the job is if a candidate is bringing an atheletic 6'10 back to the basket inside presence. Geno Ford for Head Coach! He knows what it takes to win.
Resumes Please

Cleveland, OH

#2 Mar 30, 2008
OK all of you "know-it-alls" (or you think you do) and armchair quarterbacks who always think they can do it better -- here's your chance. Time to put that so-called knowledge to the test. I expect all of you to send KSU your resumes.

Oh. "You're not", you say. Let the excuses fly.
PAVLIKFAN

Cleveland, OH

#3 Mar 30, 2008
GENO!!!! Imagine the looks on Ohio fans' faces when Geno cuts the nets down in Cleveland as a Golden Flash!!:)
Why so angry

Albany, CA

#4 Mar 30, 2008
Resumes Please wrote:
OK all of you "know-it-alls" (or you think you do) and armchair quarterbacks who always think they can do it better -- here's your chance. Time to put that so-called knowledge to the test. I expect all of you to send KSU your resumes.
Oh. "You're not", you say. Let the excuses fly.
Dude, chill out!
fred

United States

#5 Mar 30, 2008
I like the idea of Geno Ford. But, you can bet that whoever Laing Kennedy chooses will be good enough for me. Gary Waters, Stan Heath, Jim Christian,can you argue with that? Mr. Kennedy will do his homework just like he`s done in the past. He isn`t the A.D. of the year for nothing!
4Kent

AOL

#7 Mar 30, 2008
When Christian brought Geno back as an assistant I believe it was as his heir! Do you KSU fans remember why Mr. Kennedy went after Gary Waters at Easten Michigan? Because everytime they had a timeout, Waters was drawing up the plays. Well, how many times did Geno draw the plays up during timeouts? Who was directing the guards when we had the ball...Geno Ford! He knows the current players and he knows this conference. Unless you bring in Bobby Knight...it should be Geno Ford!!
ksualum

Robertsville, OH

#8 Mar 30, 2008
I know it won't happen, but why not see if Gary would consider leaving CSU to return to the place where it all started?
Trevor Huffman Fan

United States

#10 Mar 30, 2008
Let's cut the Gary Waters exultation. Let's not forget that he left the program before the Elite 8 run. Secondly, don't forget that Kent wouldn'[t have made the elite 8 without Antonio Gates, and Water would've never brought in Gates. Waters sold his soul and took the cash grab at Rutgers. All of the warm fuzzies that Waters get is out of control. Yes, he had a good run, but he didn't finish the job. He let down all of those seniors because he put his ego first.
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#11 Mar 31, 2008
Trevor Huffman Fan wrote:
Geno Ford would be the best fit and choice. The bad part of the MAC is that successful coaches leave, the good part of the MAC is that most coaches are hungry and want to win. Retreading Ben Braun would be a mistake, look how great St.Louis is doing with Rick Majerus. The only way Geno doesn't get the job is if a candidate is bringing an atheletic 6'10 back to the basket inside presence. Geno Ford for Head Coach! He knows what it takes to win.
I wouldn't want Ben Braun either, but Rick Majerus is in his 1st year at St. Louis. He'll get them on the right track within 2 years.
Florida Flash

Clearwater, FL

#12 Mar 31, 2008
Trevor Huffman Fan wrote:
Let's cut the Gary Waters exultation. Let's not forget that he left the program before the Elite 8 run. Secondly, don't forget that Kent wouldn'[t have made the elite 8 without Antonio Gates, and Water would've never brought in Gates. Waters sold his soul and took the cash grab at Rutgers. All of the warm fuzzies that Waters get is out of control. Yes, he had a good run, but he didn't finish the job. He let down all of those seniors because he put his ego first.
You must be kidding! Gary Waters was the best coach KSU ever had. He brought in the players and the style of basketball that the infamous Stan Heath rode to the NCAA, and then bailed out when he had to recruit his own players. You cannot blame a coach for looking at a bigger progam. Waters has resurrected another program at CSU. Bring Waters back and continue the winning tradition.
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#13 Mar 31, 2008
Why would Waters want to leave CSU? I know Kent State has obviously had more success, but Waters has just as much chance to succeed at CSU. The conferences are about the same. His only problem at CSU will be having to get over the hump and pass up Butler, but that can be done.
Heath did win with Waters' players, but he jumped at an opportunity to coach Arkansas. I think about 99% of coaches would leave Kent for that job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Christian University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TCU Cornerbacks Coach Kenny Perry Leaving For K... Jan '15 Farts 3
News Women's Basketball Adds Transfer Danielle Nunn (Oct '08) Oct '08 mehyah 1
News KSU begins search to replace Christian (Mar '08) Mar '08 Trevor Huffman Fan 2
News Lacy leads UTEP to 90-60 win in NCAA tournament... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Richard Love 1
More from around the web