Lady Vols rout Oral Roberts for first...

Lady Vols rout Oral Roberts for first-round win

There are 13 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Mar 23, 2008, titled Lady Vols rout Oral Roberts for first-round win. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

With the national player of the year candidate Candace Parker in foul trouble and neutralized by Oral Roberts' zone defense, Tennessee called on its other talented players to fill in.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

Carla

Oneida, TN

#1 Mar 24, 2008
It ended up being a rout, sure, but they really didn't play well AT ALL. Play seemed very sloppy and disconnected for much of the game. If they play like that against anybody else, even next round against Purdue, it's going to be much harder to win...especially if we face North Carolina in the Final Four (which we'll have to do to get into the National Championship game provided they don't lose beforehand...which they won't.)
ALL VOL

Knoxville, TN

#2 Mar 24, 2008
I agree with Carla's comments; BUT..WOW was Alexis awesome last night in the second half or what? O my gosh, she is the JuJuan Smith of the women's team.

GO VOLS!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Winsted, CT

#3 Mar 24, 2008
I find it mind-boggling the NCAA thinks this is an "extra benefit' considering it isn't very difficult to get a tour of ESPN. And it isn't a tour that blows you away. You walk around the studio, watch ESPN news behind a glass window for a bit, take a look at their tape library and go home. Her interest in becoming a Communications major was one of the reason's she wanted the tour. But what if a tour was arranged at the Hartford Courant or another local paper? If Uconn arranged that tour, it would have to be considered an "extra benefit" as well based on the NCAA definition. But you wouldn't have heard boo about it because it’s just a local paper.

Also, the Geno paranoia from some of you comes across as quite pathetic. And the statements made without supporting links or quotes is amusing, especially the poster who said "Uconn's recruitment of Della Donne was dirty". No facts. UT has always had an excellent program which continues today so the mudslinging regarding Geno looks desperate. And for those who say Geno should be the one to explain why the regular season game between UT and UC was cancelled, I ask why? Neither he nor Uconn decided to stop the game. Pat Summit and UT did. It's up to your team to answer those questions.

UConn has had zero NCAA rules violations in the past. Both the men's and women's programs have been clean on the infraction side, and less so on the character side (ie., men's). BTW, someone mentioned Geno's "3 or 4 titles" which actually is 5 and accomplished in 11 less years of coaching than Summit. My guess is with Moore and Delle Donne playing together for the next 3 years (unless they leave early) and the departure of Candace Parker (who I think is the best player in the history of women's bball) I suspect that Uconn will add to that total.

Finally, Uconn fans don't hate UT. We do of course, enjoy 13 wins over the UT program vs only 9 defeats. However, the venomous tone of the messages directed to Uconn, there coach and players on this board makes me think it's the other way around.
SOUTHRNBELLE

Knoxville, TN

#4 Mar 24, 2008
Toca wrote:
I find it mind-boggling the NCAA thinks this is an "extra benefit' considering it isn't very difficult to get a tour of ESPN. And it isn't a tour that blows you away. You walk around the studio, watch ESPN news behind a glass window for a bit, take a look at their tape library and go home. Her interest in becoming a Communications major was one of the reason's she wanted the tour. But what if a tour was arranged at the Hartford Courant or another local paper? If Uconn arranged that tour, it would have to be considered an "extra benefit" as well based on the NCAA definition. But you wouldn't have heard boo about it because it’s just a local paper.
Also, the Geno paranoia from some of you comes across as quite pathetic. And the statements made without supporting links or quotes is amusing, especially the poster who said "Uconn's recruitment of Della Donne was dirty". No facts. UT has always had an excellent program which continues today so the mudslinging regarding Geno looks desperate. And for those who say Geno should be the one to explain why the regular season game between UT and UC was cancelled, I ask why? Neither he nor Uconn decided to stop the game. Pat Summit and UT did. It's up to your team to answer those questions.
UConn has had zero NCAA rules violations in the past. Both the men's and women's programs have been clean on the infraction side, and less so on the character side (ie., men's). BTW, someone mentioned Geno's "3 or 4 titles" which actually is 5 and accomplished in 11 less years of coaching than Summit. My guess is with Moore and Delle Donne playing together for the next 3 years (unless they leave early) and the departure of Candace Parker (who I think is the best player in the history of women's bball) I suspect that Uconn will add to that total.
Finally, Uconn fans don't hate UT. We do of course, enjoy 13 wins over the UT program vs only 9 defeats. However, the venomous tone of the messages directed to Uconn, there coach and players on this board makes me think it's the other way around.
I hate GENO.. he is a big baby who has to have an assistant coach hold him back in one of his temper tantrums.. Geno is a big titty babe...LMAO
ALL VOL

Knoxville, TN

#5 Mar 24, 2008
I see no comments in this thread about "UCONN"? If "UCONN" is clean they have NOTHING to worry about.

As for Pat and Gino; why should PAT have to tell why SHE cancelled the games between UCONN and TN? Obviously she felt that the TN program did not need UCONN or the tons of publicity and money it brought in. She would not have cancelled it on a whim she had a reason and for whatever reason she is leaving it up to Gino to tell the world WHY she cancelled it. Do ya think it is because of something he said or did? HE needs to tell
Uncle Fester

Lenoir City, TN

#6 Mar 24, 2008
Toca wrote:
I find it mind-boggling the NCAA thinks this is an "extra benefit' considering it isn't very difficult to get a tour of ESPN. And it isn't a tour that blows you away. You walk around the studio, watch ESPN news behind a glass window for a bit, take a look at their tape library and go home. Her interest in becoming a Communications major was one of the reason's she wanted the tour. But what if a tour was arranged at the Hartford Courant or another local paper? If Uconn arranged that tour, it would have to be considered an "extra benefit" as well based on the NCAA definition. But you wouldn't have heard boo about it because it’s just a local paper.
Also, the Geno paranoia from some of you comes across as quite pathetic. And the statements made without supporting links or quotes is amusing, especially the poster who said "Uconn's recruitment of Della Donne was dirty". No facts. UT has always had an excellent program which continues today so the mudslinging regarding Geno looks desperate. And for those who say Geno should be the one to explain why the regular season game between UT and UC was cancelled, I ask why? Neither he nor Uconn decided to stop the game. Pat Summit and UT did. It's up to your team to answer those questions.
UConn has had zero NCAA rules violations in the past. Both the men's and women's programs have been clean on the infraction side, and less so on the character side (ie., men's). BTW, someone mentioned Geno's "3 or 4 titles" which actually is 5 and accomplished in 11 less years of coaching than Summit. My guess is with Moore and Delle Donne playing together for the next 3 years (unless they leave early) and the departure of Candace Parker (who I think is the best player in the history of women's bball) I suspect that Uconn will add to that total.
Finally, Uconn fans don't hate UT. We do of course, enjoy 13 wins over the UT program vs only 9 defeats. However, the venomous tone of the messages directed to Uconn, there coach and players on this board makes me think it's the other way around.
If UCONN makes it up the ranks, it will soon be 10 defeats...Doesn't Geno make frozen pizzas?????
johnny

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2008
keep going and going
Carla

Oneida, TN

#8 Mar 24, 2008
ALL VOL wrote:
I agree with Carla's comments; BUT..WOW was Alexis awesome last night in the second half or what? O my gosh, she is the JuJuan Smith of the women's team.
GO VOLS!!!!
Absolutely. Hornbuckle is showing that she's just as talented as Parker without the size, and is finally starting to get the recognition that she deserves. Hopefully, she'll go quickly in the WNBA draft and succeed there are well.
Carla

Oneida, TN

#9 Mar 24, 2008
Toca wrote:
We do of course, enjoy 13 wins over the UT program vs only 9 defeats.
Too bad you haven't tasted victory since 2004, nor do you have 7 National Championships to show for your club.:-)
VWW - in FLORIDA

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Mar 24, 2008
Terrific playing -- first half Candace and 2nd half - all Lady Vols showed how talented the team is!! Kick it on up a notch for the Purdue game---your fans across the country!!!! Bobbitt remember your playing last year---becaue you & Candace are in synch--it is a win!
Dan

Evansville, IN

#11 Mar 24, 2008
Booooooorrrrring. 2nd rate athletes only playing because of court orders. Could not enven make the bench for the male teams.
Carla

Oneida, TN

#12 Mar 25, 2008
Dan wrote:
Booooooorrrrring. 2nd rate athletes only playing because of court orders. Could not enven make the bench for the male teams.
Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaahaha, you obviously don't watch much men's and women's basketball. Many of the female athletes would kick the males rears. They'll just never get to prove it because most of the male athletes would never play the females.
Dan

Butler, OH

#13 Mar 25, 2008
Carla wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaahaha, you obviously don't watch much men's and women's basketball. Many of the female athletes would kick the males rears. They'll just never get to prove it because most of the male athletes would never play the females.
As the Everly brothers sang Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

Even the black girls have the white disease. Cant jump cant run, can shoot. To repeat my self Booooooorrrrrrring. Why do you think no one watches the wnba (Worst Non Basketball Available) Booooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrin nnnnnnnng.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tennessee Lady Volunteers Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warwick is a dyke coach (Jan '14) Jan '14 lesbo watch 1
roll pat roll (Apr '12) Apr '12 FROM TIDE UNIVERSITY 1
News Holdsclaw battled depression whole career (Jul '07) Feb '12 Florence J 2
News Tennessee's Summitt has early onset dementia (Aug '11) Aug '11 Guinness Drinker 1
Final Four tickets (Feb '11) Feb '11 ESGoodin 1
Would you like to see UConn lose this? (Jan '11) Jan '11 racercard 1
gaabrilaa_fofa @hotmail.com (Oct '10) Oct '10 gabriela de souza... 1
More from around the web