Ohio.com - BITTEN IN THE END

Ohio.com - BITTEN IN THE END

There are 58 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 2, 2007, titled Ohio.com - BITTEN IN THE END. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Akrocentric: More Christmas Parade Pics; LeBron James puts Akron on the map-on the bottom of his latest Nike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
smit

Hermitage, PA

#1 Dec 2, 2007
Sometimes people can't see the writing on the wall. The browns are not a play off caliber team and their mistake is how they believe that they are. Go through the rosters, man to man with each team in the division. See for yourself.
Mr- OSU

United States

#2 Dec 2, 2007
What an inept and stupid performance, by this team, when they could least afford to play the way they did today. Was it jet-lag, that caused them not to have thier heads in the game. What Leigh Bodden did was inexcusable, and it cost us four points as the Cardinals, would have had to settle for a field goal.This defense gices up 100yard rushing games, like a free lunch program or something. The fact is that they are the 32nd rated defense in the league, and with the exception of the Houston game, they have played crappy all season. They can't stop the run, and they can't stop the pass other than that, they are a hecuva of a great unit. What do you think would have happened if Larry Fitzgerald would have played, and Anquoin Boldin was healthy? Given the putrid state of this defense, it is amazing that they have won 7 games this year.I would like someone on the Browns offense to tell me why on the next to the last drive of the game, when you were in the red-zone and only needed three yards for a first down and goal, they elected to throw to a covered Braylon Edwards in the end zone. What abou a flare to the back just to pick up the first down? Though they may still make the playoffs, until they improve on the LAST rated defense in the league, they are nothing but a pretender not a contender. GO BUCKS SMASH LSU!
East Side Joe

Chevy Chase, MD

#3 Dec 3, 2007
The "Clowns" return? They never left people. Wake up!
tmurda2240

Norwalk, OH

#4 Dec 3, 2007
Braylon was right, the way we played we didn't deserve to win the game. Bodden has got to be smarter than that, especially on the road. Anderson has looked like a pro bowl qb at times and then you see him make throws that make you want to cringe. The pick thrown towards braylon has to be one of the worst thrown balls all year for anderson and the one thrown toward carter was equally as bad. Why is this team never ready right out of the gate ROMEO?

With all that said, The Browns were still robbed because of that ref who clearly saw that Winslow would have landed in bounds was reluctant to make the right call. That was the most unsure incomplete pass ruling i have seen since last weeks "no good" ruling in baltimore. Have the intestinal fortitude to make the right call ref, my god. I mean come on, Winslow was on the sideline in play before he jumped straight back (not toward the sideline) and was clearly hit in mid-air and knocked out of bounds. Thats called a td ref, not an incomplete pass.

Oh and don't give me this "its payback for last year's jets game where we got the same call". Two wrongs don't make a right...period.
string bean

Toledo, OH

#5 Dec 3, 2007
The question should be...why, after J. Lewis starts to pick up his game, does he only get 16 carries? The talent is there, the coaching is not.
Believe

Sevierville, TN

#6 Dec 3, 2007
I believe the Browns played terrible yesterday. They could not overcome a few turnovers and did not look like a playoff team. They really need to get it together quick because the Titans could take it from them now. Browns fan or not, you have to agree Winslow was forced out.Another sensless loss by a payed off Ref. He must have had some money on the Cards. Hey Romeo, I would suggest letting them talk playoffs now because one more loss and they won't be talking much more about it. Get your crap together Browns. ONE TEAM.
Hey SMIT, you look at the rosters bonehead, you have more guys going to the probowl wearing brown and orange than yellow and black. What now?

Since: Nov 07

Dayton, OH

#7 Dec 3, 2007
Go Steelers!!! 2 games + ties breaker ahead now.
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#8 Dec 3, 2007
Go STEELERS !!!

The Clowns have returned. Fumble Anderson shows his true stuff: Interections & Fumbles.

GO STEELERS !!!
Jason

Girard, OH

#9 Dec 3, 2007
You guys don't know a lot about football. The Browns are a pretty decent team and so are the Cardinals. They both have a shot at making the playoffs. The problem was that the Browns were playing from behind and felt they needed to pass the ball to catch up. To be better team we for sure have to improve our defense, but I don't think that will happen this year. We should have a few guys going to the Pro Bowl this year, so yes are team has dramatically improved.
The Browns messed up with all the turnovers they gave up, that's the reason they lost the game.
I do however, believe that Winslow's touchdown was good, and they should have won on that last play. But when you leave the game up to the ref's... sometimes you get the result that we got.

Since: Nov 07

Dayton, OH

#10 Dec 3, 2007
Believe wrote:
I believe the Browns played terrible yesterday. They could not overcome a few turnovers and did not look like a playoff team. They really need to get it together quick because the Titans could take it from them now. Browns fan or not, you have to agree Winslow was forced out.Another sensless loss by a payed off Ref. He must have had some money on the Cards. Hey Romeo, I would suggest letting them talk playoffs now because one more loss and they won't be talking much more about it. Get your crap together Browns. ONE TEAM.
Hey SMIT, you look at the rosters bonehead, you have more guys going to the probowl wearing brown and orange than yellow and black. What now?
What now??? We are two games ahead with the tie breaker in the back pocket is what! Who cares if Winslow was forced out. Even Dan Dierdorf said Edwards was down by contact! Admit it, even if you aren't a Clowns fan!
G Dodd

AOL

#11 Dec 3, 2007
I think it's funny how people say that Derek Anderson has played like a probowler this year, get a clue. He is directly responsible for the 4 loses the team has suffered with him as a starter. Just because he's better than Charlie Frye doesn't mean he's a quality NFL starter. In 3 of those loses his stupid play put the team in 16, 20 and 14 point holes in the 1st half of those games. In the 4th, he couldn't play the 2nd half with a 12 point lead. And to think that there are fools out there who say the Browns should use the franchise tag or that idiot, unbelievable.
Ray Russell

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Dec 3, 2007
Turnovers will happen at times. Defense is the big problem!
Chad

Cleveland, OH

#13 Dec 3, 2007
Mr- OSU wrote:
What an inept and stupid performance, by this team, when they could least afford to play the way they did today. Was it jet-lag, that caused them not to have thier heads in the game. What Leigh Bodden did was inexcusable, and it cost us four points as the Cardinals, would have had to settle for a field goal.This defense gices up 100yard rushing games, like a free lunch program or something. The fact is that they are the 32nd rated defense in the league, and with the exception of the Houston game, they have played crappy all season. They can't stop the run, and they can't stop the pass other than that, they are a hecuva of a great unit. What do you think would have happened if Larry Fitzgerald would have played, and Anquoin Boldin was healthy? Given the putrid state of this defense, it is amazing that they have won 7 games this year.I would like someone on the Browns offense to tell me why on the next to the last drive of the game, when you were in the red-zone and only needed three yards for a first down and goal, they elected to throw to a covered Braylon Edwards in the end zone. What abou a flare to the back just to pick up the first down? Though they may still make the playoffs, until they improve on the LAST rated defense in the league, they are nothing but a pretender not a contender. GO BUCKS SMASH LSU!
No way in hell can you blame yesterdays loss on the defense. When you turn the ball over 4 times, you put a lot of pressure on the defense!!
Chad

Cleveland, OH

#14 Dec 3, 2007
The defense was NOT the problem yesterday people. My god, when a team turns it over 4 times you will not win. The defense played very well I thought considering the field position the Offense put them in.
I just have to say one thing about that PUSH OUT at the end. Even Jerome Bettis, yes a former Steeler, said the Browns got screwed and should have won that game!! For once a smart Steeler!!
Oh yeah, and props to the Pittsburgh Steelers for having another embarrassment of a game on National TV last night. That field is a joke. They should bulldoze the whole thing right into the river and float it down to the Gulf!!!
Razz

Orrville, OH

#15 Dec 3, 2007
Believe wrote:
I believe the Browns played terrible yesterday. They could not overcome a few turnovers and did not look like a playoff team. They really need to get it together quick because the Titans could take it from them now. Browns fan or not, you have to agree Winslow was forced out.Another sensless loss by a payed off Ref. He must have had some money on the Cards. Hey Romeo, I would suggest letting them talk playoffs now because one more loss and they won't be talking much more about it. Get your crap together Browns. ONE TEAM.
Hey SMIT, you look at the rosters bonehead, you have more guys going to the probowl wearing brown and orange than yellow and black. What now?
Not quite sure what you believe in there, but obviously it is not reality. The Browns are on the verge of becoming a good football team, but they are not there yet. And they don't have more pro-bowlers than the Steelers do.
Scott from Atlanta

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Dec 3, 2007
Mr- OSU wrote:
What an inept and stupid performance, by this team, when they could least afford to play the way they did today. Was it jet-lag, that caused them not to have thier heads in the game. What Leigh Bodden did was inexcusable, and it cost us four points as the Cardinals, would have had to settle for a field goal.This defense gices up 100yard rushing games, like a free lunch program or something. The fact is that they are the 32nd rated defense in the league, and with the exception of the Houston game, they have played crappy all season. They can't stop the run, and they can't stop the pass other than that, they are a hecuva of a great unit. What do you think would have happened if Larry Fitzgerald would have played, and Anquoin Boldin was healthy? Given the putrid state of this defense, it is amazing that they have won 7 games this year.I would like someone on the Browns offense to tell me why on the next to the last drive of the game, when you were in the red-zone and only needed three yards for a first down and goal, they elected to throw to a covered Braylon Edwards in the end zone. What abou a flare to the back just to pick up the first down? Though they may still make the playoffs, until they improve on the LAST rated defense in the league, they are nothing but a pretender not a contender. GO BUCKS SMASH LSU!
Right on. It cames down to coaching, or lack there of. If I am the coach Bodden if off the team, and the same for any player who places there hand behind their ear while doing that stupid dance step on the way to the end zone.
Johnny X

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2007
Chad wrote:
The defense was NOT the problem yesterday people. My god, when a team turns it over 4 times you will not win. The defense played very well I thought considering the field position the Offense put them in.
Two defenses have allowed Edgerrin James to rush for 100+ yards this year and ours was one of them. They couldn't get a stop when they needed to. The defense was horrible yesterday. Just because the offense is bad doesn't give the defense a pass to play bad too.
Ron Faieta

Youngwood, PA

#18 Dec 3, 2007
OMG... Whats an interection????? Is that your way of saying you're coming out of the closet...

Just wondering....
The Nightfly

Columbus, OH

#19 Dec 3, 2007
No, you can't blame the whole loss on the defense, but they stunk, plain and simple, as always. Then they compound their ineptitude with idiotic penalties like the one on Lee Bodden (the new Dwayne Rudd?).

They got screwed on the Winslow call, but probably got a gift on the call on Edwards, though we don't know for sure because the awful referee didn't bother to explain any of the review calls. Maybe there was some aspect of the Edwards not-down-by-contact call that we arent' aware of, because it was clear to anyone with eyeballs that there was contact.

I haven't seen any mention of the other boneheaded penalty, by Simon Fraser, on the final kickoff, again - as in the Steelers game - costing them 15 yards on a last second drive. Not to mention Holly's idiotic late hit out of bounds that helped the Cards on the previous drive. When will Romeo and the rest of the coaching staff instill some discipline in this bunch of knuckleheads?!

And does anyone still believe that D.A.(DumbAss?) is a franchise QB, and that the Browns have a really big decision to make between him and Quinn? Give me a break. I was praying for him to twist his ankle or something after his 3rd turnover, so Brady could get in and win the job once and for all.

Playoffs are slipping away, but as usual the Browns will torture their fans with boneheaded mistakes as they lose close games. Please just get blown out a couple times and get the agony over with.
The Nightfly

Columbus, OH

#20 Dec 3, 2007
Ron Faieta wrote:
OMG... Whats an interection????? Is that your way of saying you're coming out of the closet...
Just wondering....
That's evidently how members of MENSA spell "interception".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Temple Owls NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WKU added to Wildcats' football schedule (Mar '08) Apr '14 Big Mac 13
News Ohio.com - Highland Square waits for grocery (Nov '07) Dec '13 CleveGaL_inSquare 105
News Raiders WR Rod Streater chases 1,000-yard season (Dec '13) Dec '13 Haleys Commet 3
Running backs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cookie 1
get on the wagon. enjoy the ride. (Aug '12) Aug '12 john 1
tryouts info. (Jul '12) Jul '12 Andre 1
News Player Profile: WR Rod Streater (Jul '12) Jul '12 big john 1
More from around the web