TCU Impressed With UVA and Coach London - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

The Virginia football team will make its first appearance in the state of Texas since 1995 this weekend, as the Cavaliers go on the road to face 17th-ranked TCU. Full Story
TEX

Palmyra, VA

#1 Sep 21, 2012
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hoo Fan

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Win-lose-draw I love the HOOS and will be cheering them on! GO-HOOS-GO!!!!
Kevin Lee

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Sep 22, 2012
Hoo sucks??? UVA DOES!!!! 27-7. Pitiful!!!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Sep 22, 2012
Its about time Sullivan takes a long look at UVAs athletic director who has done nothing and takes responcibility for nothing. The guy makes almost 200thousand a year and does what? nothing. Care to guess why UVAs new coach got his job?
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#5 Sep 22, 2012
thinking free wrote:
Its about time Sullivan takes a long look at UVAs athletic director who has done nothing and takes responcibility for nothing. The guy makes almost 200thousand a year and does what? nothing. Care to guess why UVAs new coach got his job?
Becuase he has UVA roots, had head coach experience, won the FCS national championship at Richmond, and was one of the hottest names in up and coming coaching?
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Sep 22, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Becuase he has UVA roots, had head coach experience, won the FCS national championship at Richmond, and was one of the hottest names in up and coming coaching?
OH. But the cynic says udderwise.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#7 Sep 22, 2012
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>OH. But the cynic says udderwise.
I follow college football (actually all college sports) closer than I follow politics, and that is why Littlepage hired London, he wouldn't have been in Richmond for long. There were SEC teams looking at him.
While UVA hasn't been wildly successful at the two money sports, Littlepage has had a lot of success in the Olympic sports. Littlepage also hired a baseball coach in O'Connor that brought the sport from the brink of collapes. I want to add, getting Tony "the Lounge Singer" Bennit from Wazzu was quite a coup, so give it time. UVA still has academic standards that are higher than most, and it's tough to compete in basketball in the ACC.(and I'm not a UVA fan)
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#8 Sep 22, 2012
*sigh*
*Bennett
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Sep 22, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I follow college football (actually all college sports) closer than I follow politics, and that is why Littlepage hired London, he wouldn't have been in Richmond for long. There were SEC teams looking at him.
While UVA hasn't been wildly successful at the two money sports, Littlepage has had a lot of success in the Olympic sports. Littlepage also hired a baseball coach in O'Connor that brought the sport from the brink of collapes. I want to add, getting Tony "the Lounge Singer" Bennit from Wazzu was quite a coup, so give it time. UVA still has academic standards that are higher than most, and it's tough to compete in basketball in the ACC.(and I'm not a UVA fan)
Not a big sports fan except tennis and womens beach volleyball, not for the same reasons, call me a cad, I can live with it. The standards for acceptance at UVA are pretty high at UVA thats true and one would suppose that that in itself puts UVA at a distinct disadvantage.If I remember correctly it was said recently that 90% of this years freshman class came from the top 10% of graduating classes. Not gonna find too many jocks there. Knowing this is one thing, fighting the dark side ain't.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#10 Sep 22, 2012
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>Not a big sports fan except tennis and womens beach volleyball, not for the same reasons, call me a cad, I can live with it. The standards for acceptance at UVA are pretty high at UVA thats true and one would suppose that that in itself puts UVA at a distinct disadvantage.If I remember correctly it was said recently that 90% of this years freshman class came from the top 10% of graduating classes. Not gonna find too many jocks there. Knowing this is one thing, fighting the dark side ain't.
All universities, including UVA, give student-athletes academic consessions. UVA doesn't give as much as say, FSU, VT, Alabama or WVU. You do have to be able to spell you name to get in, even if you are going to start as a freshman.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>All universities, including UVA, give student-athletes academic consessions. UVA doesn't give as much as say, FSU, VT, Alabama or WVU. You do have to be able to spell you name to get in, even if you are going to start as a freshman.
One of the majors offered to athletes, or so I've heard is basket weaving, in Sampsons case it was communications, what kind I can only guess.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#12 Sep 23, 2012
thinking free wrote:
<quoted text>One of the majors offered to athletes, or so I've heard is basket weaving, in Sampsons case it was communications, what kind I can only guess.
Every University has "that major." At UVA, I hear it's anthropology, at FSU it's circus clownery, Miami it's pimpin' and ho'in, and Alabama it's NFL.
I don't know what to say about Sampson, but from what I understand, it didn't pass the smell test, but UVA didn't get caught.
I joke about many universities, often though, despite their best efforts, there is some loss of institutional control. They can't assign a compliance person to every big money student athlete 24/7. I am sure, though, that at other universities (Take OSU under Tressel, or USCw under Carroll and Kiffin) that there is a lot of looking the other "ignorance is bliss" way going on.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Sep 23, 2012
Sampson just got inducted into some hall of fame. Most likely having the largest child support arrears in history for a basketball player.
fish100

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Sep 24, 2012
thinking free wrote:
There is no word responcibility,but there is a word responsiblity, just makes you look stupid!!!
fish100

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Sep 24, 2012
thinking free wrote:
Sampson just got inducted into some hall of fame. Most likely having the largest child support arrears in history for a basketball player.
Maybe you will get inducted in to the hall of shame!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texas Christian University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas Tech upends No. 24 TCU 20-10 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Texas Tech vs Tex... 3
TCU football team takes its time to prepare for... (Nov '12) Nov '12 phil pitzer 1
Casey Pachall Arrested: TCU Quarterback Busted ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Richard_ 4
UVA Falls 27-7 at #17 TCU - NBC29 WVIR Charlott... (Sep '12) Sep '12 jogger 5
TCU players arrested in drug sting (Feb '12) Feb '12 BillThomas 13
College Football Rankings 2011: 3 Teams with No... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Truebuckeyefan 3
College Football Preseason Top 25 (Jul '11) Aug '11 BigDan 3

Texas Christian University NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE