Big 12 comes begging? Dream on, Frogs...

Big 12 comes begging? Dream on, Frogs fans

There are 1 comment on the A liberal dose story from Sep 6, 2007, titled Big 12 comes begging? Dream on, Frogs fans. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

I have this persistent dream. I see this huge fist, poised at a door, ready to knock.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

Bob S

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2007
There are numerous holes in your argument. To be in the Big 12, a school must be competitve in more than just football. You seem to pick on Baylor, but they have great women's basketball, track and baseball.
I also doubt that the Frogs attendance would increase to respectable levels when you have to rely on visiting fans to get to your current mediocre level and you can't even fill your delapidated old stadium.
Then comes the question where your argument relies on being on a competitive level with the Big 12 based on their record over the past few years. I find it interesting that TCU always quotes its record as 5 - 1 against the Big 12 but conveniently forgets the 70 points Tech hung on them in the game just prior to their selective memory. TCU fans should thank the football gods that they don't have to play Big 12 teams every week, but can just gloat about their once a year effort against the Baylors and Iowa States of the world.
TCU was left out of the Big 12 for good reasons and those haven't changed....so keep dreaming and we'll keep laughing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

TCU Horned Frogs NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TCU's Boykin and Dawson lead AP All-Big 12 teams (Dec '14) Dec '14 BlackHawks4ever 1
News Texas Tech upends No. 24 TCU 20-10 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Texas Tech vs Tex... 3
News TCU football team takes its time to prepare for... (Nov '12) Nov '12 phil pitzer 1
WVU will beat you down (Nov '12) Nov '12 Horned Frogie 3
News Casey Pachall Arrested: TCU Quarterback Busted ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Richard_ 4
News TCU Impressed With UVA and Coach London - NBC29... (Sep '12) Sep '12 fish100 15
News UVA Falls 27-7 at #17 TCU - NBC29 WVIR Charlott... (Sep '12) Sep '12 jogger 5
More from around the web