Wes Johnson just starting to show his...

Wes Johnson just starting to show his ability with Minnesota Timber...

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 28, 2010, titled Wes Johnson just starting to show his ability with Minnesota Timber.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The inbounds play seemed to be run for Timberwolves rookie Wes Johnson during Tuesday night's scrimmage at Minnesota State Mankato's Taylor Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

DD Austin

Brandon, MS

#1 Sep 28, 2010
Hilarious! As lousy as they are - they couldn't get any worse! Anybody is an upgrade. especially a new owner - a new g.m.- a new coach and coaching staff etc. etc. etc. Gonna be another looooooooooonnnnngggg year! ;(
Zgoda over at Star Trib

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 28, 2010
said Wes was killing it in tonight's Scrimmage, somewhere between Shawn Marion and Danny Granger, less offense than Granger, but that same sort of 2 steal, 2 block potential at SF. Gerald Wallace 2.0? Wallace can play SG too. We're only getting better from here.

Worst Case/Likely Case/Best Case Scenarios

Rubio: Jose Calderon/Rajon Rondo/Jason Kidd
Flynn: TJ Ford/Aaron Brooks/???????
Webster: James Posey/Dan Majerle/Jason Richardson
Johnson: Jeff Green/Rudy Gay/Gerald Wallace
Brewer: Trevor Ariza/Stacey Augmon/Tayshaun Prince
Love: Mehmet Okur/Wes Unseld/Kevin McHale
Lazar: Raja Bell/Thabo Sefolosha/Ron Artest
Beasley: Al Harrington/Antawn Jamison/Carmelo
Darko:?????
Pekovic:?????
Tolliver:?????
Ellington:?????
Gardy

Cottage Grove, MN

#3 Sep 29, 2010
This Wolves story is the most-viewed sports article at the moment -- Oh boy, we're all DRINKIN' the KOOL-AID now!
tk_boombaye

Winona, MN

#4 Sep 29, 2010
If Wes can play the 2 and handle the off guards defensively that would be huge. Johnson's presence has to lighting a fire in Brewer. At times I think this would be effective if/when the floor has Flynn, Brewer, Johnson, Beasley, and Love on it. Run baby run.
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#5 Sep 29, 2010
The more I read about this team, the more I think we may have something going here. It is starting to sound like they are not only playing well together but are having some fun doing it. That will build chemistry faster than anything. Keep it going, guys! Wish I could see the scrimmage!
Dane

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 29, 2010
Talk to me again when this team is relevant.
Ya maaaan

Rochester, NY

#7 Sep 29, 2010
Well, I really think we have a good,solid young team. Seriously!!! Young, up-tempo team with a coach hmmmmm, that might be a problem. Coach is a scheiSSe....Anyway, this season is a season of two serbian studs, Darko and Nikola. They will have a solid deceant season only if our play share the ball little bit with big man. If Flynn continues to play ghetto style take the ball,driblle and shoot don't pass game we are in big trouble my man. One player in particular who will be surprise of the season is Nikola "The Ox" Pekovic. Very strong and skilled player. Mark my words. Ya' man.....
markjr

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Sep 29, 2010
so much hate from everyone and i bet most of you havent paid attention to the moves they have made during the summer and have paid attention to them during media day and camp. They are a legit team and mark my words we will be relavant this year. All are young guys are working well together and beasley is stepping up and wants to be a leader unlike al jefferson who was the shyest big guy ive ever seen. All the media wants to take low blows to kahn but truth is, he has made very bold and promising moves. Anyone thinking we could of landed a guy like amare or carmelo or lebron here in minnesota was on crack. For what we offered kahn gave us the best players for the best price. The timberwolves this year has so much energy that even if we lose a lot of games, I believe this years team will be a lot more fun to watch :) GO WOLVES!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syracuse University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Syracuse basketball recruiting: Orange target N... Sep '17 TrimsPhartts 2
News Syracuse 82 - Florida State 72: Orange take dow... (Jan '17) Jan '17 MaintainPhartz 2
News Syracuse Football: Orange Attending Satellite C... (May '16) May '16 tomeson 1
News ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep '14 Anonymous 2
News Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... (Apr '14) Jul '14 engd 2
News Should Syracuse Look Into Niagara Transfer Anto... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Dway 1
News Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Lenox Da Kid 2
More from around the web