Louisville Football Coach On The Hot Seat -- Courant.com

Full story: Hartford Courant

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich considers himself "a coach's AD," meaning he's gonna go through the fire with them come hell or high water.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mike patulak

Ashburn, VA

#1 Oct 18, 2007
when they bear uconn will edsall be on the hot seat for not beating any one decent since our all star qb graduated
Chris

Union, KY

#2 Oct 19, 2007
I realize that a lot of people want to give this guy a chance but as a lifelong Cardinal fan, and especially after seeing our football team achieve some national success, I'm not interested in sitting back and waiting anymore. There is no reason this team that only had a loss a year ago should be 4-3, it is unacceptable. If our program is going to join the national elite, it is time to stop making excuses and begin demanding excellence. Sorry coach K, but you obviously aren't the guy for the job.
Dave

Arlington Heights, IL

#3 Oct 19, 2007
Unbelievable spin from the AD. We weren't broke until it was apparent that the staff could not prepare a team to play a game. Too bad that only took 4 games for the AD to realize. Since then he has lit a fire and now at least the effort is there. Trying hard but not having the brains to back it up won't get you anywhere. Coin flip for tonight and any other game we play. Watch closely and you will see at least 3 plays where you're wondering what 5th grader dreamt that one up.
mad card fan

Doylestown, WI

#4 Oct 20, 2007
the football coach is a joke please fire kragthorpe, he is not a winner and he was not a winner anywhere he was, he was subpar at best. The cards are no longer a stepping stone for worthless coaches. The lost to uconn is embarrasing and the season in general is. Please fire this useless coach. or the staduim will empty out before your eyes jurich.
TONY HAMILTON

Bardstown, KY

#5 Oct 21, 2007
KRAPTHORP SUCKS OUR FOOTBALL PROGRAM NEEDS A NEW LEADER NOW
CardHater

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2007
The Cards are in the Crapper and Jurich is taking the blame..My how the mighty have fallen
BirdOPrey

New Albany, IN

#7 Nov 24, 2008
Can't coach kragdork has flushed our program..
Remember though. it was jurich that brought him here. No shopping just took care of a clueless friend. Now jurich is ruining his position with the fans. Well, maybe jurich should go with Special K. Face it we are not too far from the bottom. Get ready for 3-9 next year, or will it be 2-10. Ron English apparently has the respect of the players, and some say they go to him for leadership or questions rather than Special K. Jurich is going to have to swallow that ego an leggo special K.
BirdOPrey

New Albany, IN

#8 Nov 24, 2008
Oh yea...cancelled my order for two of the new seats...Pay special K with someone else' money$$$$$$$$ Maybe Jurich will buy the rest since he is standing behind Special K.
BirdOPrey

New Albany, IN

#9 Nov 24, 2008
Does anyone see a multi-million dollar coach on the field???Me think Special K belongs in the soup lines.
sss

Sikeston, MO

#10 Dec 1, 2008
we need help now not next year this coach must go jurich go get phil fulmer
sss

Sikeston, MO

#11 Dec 1, 2008
it takes money to make money if louisville wants to pay for the stadium expan we need a coach that will get our program back on the winning track and profitable again lets get a boise st coack or phil fulmer this will help our recruiting as well now not later time is money
BirdOPrey

New Albany, IN

#12 Dec 4, 2008
who coached the rutgers game? I saw special K with his crayons writing and drawing stick players before and after each rutgers score.
What a joke!!!Jurich you now officially suck...Time to turn the heat up on Prez. Ramsey to shake some sense into his AD's plump lil head.
deeply concerned

Georgetown, KY

#13 Oct 4, 2009
Chris Peterson from Boise State would be my first pick. He is a young, no nonsense coach that gets the most out of his players. If he can do it out there in Idaho, he can do it anywhere! It would be a good move for him to step into a BCS conference too. One loss in a season drops Boise out of BCS consideration and into a second or third tier bowl. 10-2 at Louisville would be a great season AND get you to the BCS.
Phillip Fulmer would be another great hire. I think he would be an excellent replacement. He won in the SEC for many years (and never lost to Kentucky)! He would have Louisville back as the class of the Big East in just a couple years.
deeply concerned

Georgetown, KY

#14 Oct 4, 2009
Louisville needs an offensive minded coach. We are "Quarterback U". Fans want to see a top 5 offense scoring 50 pts a game. Just put a defense on the field that can hold opponents to 25 pts, and we're in business!
Besides, shootouts are fun to watch.
Oh, the days..... of Brohm (Jeff), Redmon, Ragone, LeFors (my favorite, actually), and Brohm (Brian). Gotta love 300 yds passing and 200 yds on the ground to keep the defense honest.
gotta go

Ashland, KY

#15 Oct 10, 2009
how much longer??????????
BirdOPrey

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Oct 21, 2009
Was gonna buy those tickets...bought a car instead.
Figured a Ford is better than a kragthorpe lemon.
Cardfan

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 23, 2009
We need Phillip Fulmer. Sure, there are other coaches available but he is by far the most nationally respected as a coach, the best recruiter, and an all around quality man with a strong character. He would represent our University well and would also be able to go get the kids we need to win a championship. You all better hope we get Fulmer.
Until then, let the current regime finish thier season. We all know what's coming-- let's try and show respect.
Bringbackleecors o

Jeffersonville, IN

#18 Nov 5, 2009
Wut the hell is jurich thinkin. get rid of coach K immediatly I can't believe he's been here this long! How do u go from orange bowl to no bowl with cosecutive losing season with no signs of improvment! He's probly the worse cardinal coach in my life time!
BirdOPrey

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Nov 22, 2009
Tis Christmas time and now we all know that kruddlethorpe is the grinch that stole louisville football...He is truly the Anti-Card his number is 000....A 500. carreer coach...where does jurk(jurich)...get off calling him one of the best offensive minds in college ball????

Will he be fired?? Time to skip Jurk and start calling Ramseys' office. Fire kraptwerp partys to start soon. Jurk won't listen to us lets see how long he likes to see it on the local media.
footballhead

Grove City, OH

#20 Nov 24, 2009
Coach K just needs more time. A few bad seasons do not mean that he should go. I say he should have 2 or 3 more years to try. He is a nice man, and we should be patient. I am sure that we can get back to .500 by 2015, and probably back to bowl play by 2020.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syracuse University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Jul '14 engd 2
Should Syracuse Look Into Niagara Transfer Anto... Jun '14 Dway 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr '14 Lenox Da Kid 2
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr '14 maryann 19
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... Mar '14 bruno piretti 1
The Coleman Correlation Mar '14 bruno piretti 1
Kevin Rivoli/Associated Press bc 62, syracuse 5... (Feb '14) Feb '14 bruno piretti 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Syracuse University NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••