Wrestling: Wolfe among storylines for county event | ThisWeek S...

Full story: ThisWeek Community Newspapers

Licking Heights' Eric Wolfe is lifted by Olentangy Orange's Josh Toprani during the Central District All-Star preview meet.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
wrestling fan

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Just wanted to committed on Coach Ramseys committed about Chanddler Jones, Why didnt he step up a weight class for some compitetion last year?? Or was he afraid to take that risk of losing his 4x champion status?? I was at the county meet last year and no one tried to avoid him!! if anything he avoided Wheeler, Coen and Barlow at 125lbs.
Jesse Coen got MVP and deserved it, he did beat a State Placer!! All the coaches there must have felt the same way!!
One who has seen them all

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Jones didnt avoid anyone...everyone knew what weight he would be at well before the season. Jones would have hammered all of those kids. The only one who would have made it out of the first period would have been Barlow. When Jone and Barlow wrestled in scrimmages Jones had his way with him. Chandler was way too physical for Barlow. No one within 4 weight of him in the county could have beaten him.

As for Cohen beating a state placer...Barlow could barely stand up that weekend. He was cutting too much weight and after about 2 minutes was gassed out. The same way against the Utica kid.

Jones wrestled Weeler several times in HS and pounded him every time. Cohen loses to Wolfe every time they wrestle and Id have to guess Jones beat wolfe in practice every day.

Jones was the best wrestler in the county for 4 consecutive years. None of those kids could touch him. Im sure he would come home from school and pound on them all if they asked him to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Syracuse University NCAA Discussions

Search the Syracuse University NCAA Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sat bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... Mar '14 bruno piretti 1
The Coleman Correlation Mar '14 bruno piretti 1
Kevin Rivoli/Associated Press bc 62, syracuse 5... Feb '14 bruno piretti 1
Syracuse Orange vs. N.C. State Wolfpack: TV Lis... Feb '14 bruno piretti 1
•••
•••