OSU men's basketball: Turner wins Nai...

OSU men's basketball: Turner wins Naismith Trophy | BuckeyeXtra

There are 20 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 4, 2010, titled OSU men's basketball: Turner wins Naismith Trophy | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Evan Turner is the first Ohio State player to win the Naismith Trophy, awarded annually to the top player in college basketball by the Atlanta Tipoff Club.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

J Mc

Grove City, OH

#1 Apr 4, 2010
Congrats to yoy ET. I would like it if you stayed 1 more year. But how can you ?
Go Pro and take the money.
Paul

Manchester, TN

#2 Apr 4, 2010
Stay in school ET, stay in school.

Congrats!!!!
Kathy

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 4, 2010
Congrats to Evan, and much thanks to him, Coach M and all the Buckeyes for giving us such a great basketball season this year. What fun!
onemoreyearevan

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 4, 2010
YES! Stay in school, get your degree, you will be a top pick next year! You will never get these years back!! Next year the title is yours! Thank you for all the joy you have brought to Buckeye Nation! You are such a class act!
jaxbuck

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Apr 4, 2010
Congrats on an outstanding achievments Evan. You earned everyone of them and The Buckeye Nation is extremely proud of you and your accomplishments. Would love to see you stay for your Senior year and again provide the leadership and mentoring skills you displayed this year..
Ron

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 4, 2010
Stay another year Evan-perhaps OSU will manage to sell out at least one game legitimately next year. You deserved better support than what you received. Congrats to you and to the Buckeyes for a wonderful season.
Brutus

Toledo, OH

#7 Apr 4, 2010
I hope they will display these trophies somewhere in the Value City Arena where the fans can see them. Evan, did you rent a Uhaul to bring these trophies back?
Bob

Dayton, IN

#8 Apr 4, 2010
Congrats Evan!!!! While I would love to see you back in scarlet and gray next season, man go pro. You broke your back this year, while these years are great, I wouldn't trade my four years at tOSU for anything, but I never had the guarantee of millions. Again, I would love for the entire starting five to be back, especially with the upcoming class, but let's be honest, Evan go and make your money and make OSU proud.
nbroadway

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 4, 2010
sam prahalis??????????
L Harper

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Apr 4, 2010
Bye Evan, thanks for coming to Ohio State and best of luck in the pros.
Clint

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2010
How sweet for the Basketball Buckeyes having the 2010 Naismith Award winner on the Collegiate Level in Evan Turner and the 2010 Naismith award winner on the High School level with Jared Sullinger from Columbus Northland HS ... Go Bucks !
Ace

Astoria, NY

#12 Apr 4, 2010
Why so many of these awards? It is worse than Hollywood having awards banquets every two weeks congratulating themselves. So how about an award to Diebler for the CHOKER OF THE YEAR with his 3 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in the Tennessee game?
Jason

Newark, OH

#13 Apr 4, 2010
Incredible! Congratulations Evan Turner.
Dan B

Columbus, OH

#14 Apr 4, 2010
Congrats to ET; you sure play like an "ET."
If you leave we understand-and not to worry you will be remembered.
But stay........and you will never be forgotten
All the best either way.
Thad M

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 4, 2010
i would like to agree with the above comment
Paul

Manchester, TN

#16 Apr 5, 2010
The only two time Naismith award winner sound good, ET? Put you in an elite position. Final four, national champions. Plus, get your degree.

GO BUCKS!!!!!
Dear Jackass

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 5, 2010
Ace wrote:
Why so many of these awards? It is worse than Hollywood having awards banquets every two weeks congratulating themselves. So how about an award to Diebler for the CHOKER OF THE YEAR with his 3 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in the Tennessee game?
Without Diebler, OSU wouldn't have reached the Tennessee game.
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#18 Apr 5, 2010
Paul wrote:
The only two time Naismith award winner sound good, ET? Put you in an elite position. Final four, national champions. Plus, get your degree.
GO BUCKS!!!!!
Uh, he actually could get it in the offseason if he wanted it that bad. And the importance of an OSU undergrad degree to Evan Turner's future is real debatable.
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#20 Apr 5, 2010
Ace wrote:
Diebler didnt choke. Jerk. Tennessee took away his shot, and unlike Turner, he is not mobile. All players have their limitations. Diebler also didnt "lose" a game in which Ohio State gave up 50 points in the paint and way too many easy baskets.

Jerk.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#21 Apr 5, 2010
Ace wrote:
Go watch the Nets. Then you will get the true definition of choke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Syracuse University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep '14 Anonymous 2
News Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... (Apr '14) Jul '14 engd 2
News Should Syracuse Look Into Niagara Transfer Anto... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Dway 1
News Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Lenox Da Kid 2
News Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr '14 maryann 19
News The Coleman Correlation (Mar '14) Mar '14 bruno piretti 1
News Kevin Rivoli/Associated Press bc 62, syracuse 5... (Feb '14) Feb '14 bruno piretti 1
More from around the web