Halftime: UTEP 23 - Stephen F. Austin 17

Full story: El Paso Times

Julyan Stone splits Stephen F. Austin defenders Mark Gomilia, right, and Denzel Barnes as he goes for two at the Don Haskins Center.
Comments
21 - 38 of 38 Comments Last updated Dec 22, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DotDotDot

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right, although I would not count out Memphis just yet.
GOD I LOVE BASKETBALL SEASON! IT IS SOO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE THAN FOOTBALL!
Great players, Great Coach, and Great Tradition.
LET'S GET BYU!
A million times this.

I wish UTEP basketball was year round. It's so nice to support a team that cares about the tradition of UTEP b-ball and a coach that actually cares and know what he's doing.
Lil ol me

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Look at how we beat UCF last year. Caracter is gone but he did not win the game. UCF and Memphis are overhyped. Let them enjoy it now...our time will come.
Miner Fan

Converse, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Nice to see they won again. Games like these are perfect for this time of year to get better as a team. They played a good defensive team that will help them be better come conference play. Conference USA is strong so far so right now every game and win counts.
Jake

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

If we play solid defense and don't overplay Fredette, then we have a chance to win. We need to be aware of him, but we can't focus only on him.

I can see UTEP winning this one, but it will be tough.

UTEP 77
BYU 74
Bill

Vista, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Keep the winning streak going Miners! National recognition will come eventually.
hemmm

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

B Y WHOO has a good team and will be a challenge for UTEP, only reason that it will be tough is that B Y WHOO has a very good fan BASE that come out to every game!!!( unlike the UTEP fans that only come out for a name team,, no let us think back . 9,000 for last season game against B Y WHOO).. Coach Floyd needs more teams of this caliber to geat ready for C-USA and less fair weather fans!! so let us all get with it and be there for every game !!! and we know that BYU has a very good guard,( so they say).. my money is on Culpepper ,Stone and our Bigs.... GO MINERS !!!!
So What

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Lil ol me wrote:
BYU will beat us...unfortunately. However, it will give us a great learning experience going into conference play. Go UTEP! Miners will kick butt in conference!!!
Why don't I just beat YOU and we'll call it a day?
Bobby

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Sure a lot of garbage comments posted by a bunch of idiots.
Bubba

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

UTEP FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for supporting your home town team.....
I do support them. I have had season tickets for the last 20 years. I guess you believe they can beat BYU in Provo. I don't!
Bubba

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

build it wrote:
<quoted text>
How about I phone Coach Floyd and tell him not to bother to fly the team to Provo because they have no chance of winning because a guy named "Bubba" says so. Jeez, what a tool.
Don't other I already talked to Tim and he sid it was to late. He asked me if I thought the Miners had a chance, I told him "not if they play the way they played last night". Why did you call Tim a "tool"?
Bubba

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

bother
Bubba

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't I just beat YOU and we'll call it a day?
Why don't I just beat YOU and we'll call it a day?
Canaima

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Lil ol me wrote:
BYU will beat us...unfortunately. However, it will give us a great learning experience going into conference play. Go UTEP! Miners will kick butt in conference!!!
I think BYU plays tonight so they only have a 2-day rest. Hopefully Weber State brings their A-game and at least wears them down a bit. But yes, UTEP might struggle against BYU's scoring and rebounding machine - also Miners are moving to higher altitude - could this be a factor, especially for Britten? I couldn't see the SFA game but I noticed that Britten only played about 6 minutes - was Floyd resting him?
UTEP FAN

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Bobby wrote:
Sure a lot of garbage comments posted by a bunch of idiots.
I agree! Go Miners!
Jake

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Canaima wrote:
<quoted text>
I think BYU plays tonight so they only have a 2-day rest. Hopefully Weber State brings their A-game and at least wears them down a bit. But yes, UTEP might struggle against BYU's scoring and rebounding machine - also Miners are moving to higher altitude - could this be a factor, especially for Britten? I couldn't see the SFA game but I noticed that Britten only played about 6 minutes - was Floyd resting him?
He was in Foul Trouble all night, so he was not on the floor very often.
Miner Niner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

SFA was a really good team....I was there at the game. Their defense is very strong which kept the game close!!! I'm pretty sure SFA will win out in their conference or make second place at the worst outcome.

Go Miners! BEAT BYU!!!!!
Jay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Rebound, rebound, rebound...free throws, free throws. Britten and Bohannon need to step up and be very, very aggressive against this BYU team. Start hitting the boards and draw the fouls, BYU will foul you. Stone needs to make sure his lay ups fall in the basket. Everybody needs to be @100%. BE AGGRESSIVE MINERS, take it to BYU.....
The team needs to watch "Glory Road" on the flight to Provo!! GO MINERS!!!!
rgc

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

go miners!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UTEP men's basketball: Floyd wary of Stephen F.... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Another Aggie Fan 16
Jacks Head to NCAA Tournament (Mar '09) Mar '09 SU fan 1
Johnson leads Missouri women' s basketball to win (Jan '08) Jan '08 Alesia Poindexter 1

Search the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••