Halftime: UTEP 23 - Stephen F. Austin 17

Full story: El Paso Times 38
Julyan Stone splits Stephen F. Austin defenders Mark Gomilia, right, and Denzel Barnes as he goes for two at the Don Haskins Center. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bubba

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 20, 2010
Does anyone really believe this team is going to beat BYU? Good thing they didn't play tonight.
UTEP FAN

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 20, 2010
Bubba wrote:
Does anyone really believe this team is going to beat BYU? Good thing they didn't play tonight.
Thanks for supporting your home town team.....
build it

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 20, 2010
Bubba wrote:
How about I phone Coach Floyd and tell him not to bother to fly the team to Provo because they have no chance of winning because a guy named "Bubba" says so. Jeez, what a tool.
Jake

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 20, 2010
SFA allows the less points a game than any other School. They have a solid attacking defense.

Just because the School's name doesn't stick out to you doesn't mean they aren't good. CBB is a whole different beast than Football.

GREAT WIN MINERS!! NOW LETS GO KICK SOME COUGAR A$$!
wevis1111

New Braunfels, TX

#5 Dec 20, 2010
Bubba wrote:
I do Bubba. The team that just cruised to victory tonight will not be the same one that takes the court against the Cougs in Provo. UTEP will play with a heightened sense of urgency and intensity and BYU will have some trouble with the Miners stifling defense. Polk, Williams and Culpepper were all off tonight offensively, so expect at least two of them, if not all, to bring their A games. It would be a mistake to use this game as a measuring stick to determine the might of the Miners. Its difficult to get up for every game, especially when you've just played the 4th one in eight days. I've read your posts before and its apparent you know your stuff so it is my belief that you too have some belief that the Miners have more than a legitimate shot at winning this one. Just let your belief have room to breathe my friend. Go Miners!
you got it

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 20, 2010
Jake wrote:
SFA allows the less points a game than any other School. They have a solid attacking defense.
Just because the School's name doesn't stick out to you doesn't mean they aren't good. CBB is a whole different beast than Football.
GREAT WIN MINERS!! NOW LETS GO KICK SOME COUGAR ****!
SFA was 6-2 before tonight's game, so they were a decent team.. Good job MINERS!!!
gab

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 20, 2010
Fire FLOYD!!
mINERO

El Paso, TX

#8 Dec 20, 2010
I think its going to come down to free throws againts BYU. Mr. Stone needs to step up and make his FT's because he really doesn't have an outside shot either, thus he should just stick to assisting in this game...just being honest! Go Miners
utep grad

Sacramento, CA

#9 Dec 20, 2010
SHUT UP gab>>> FLOYD IS THE MAN!!
GREAT NIGHT AT THE HASKINS CENTER
UTEP WOMEN BEAT new mexico lobo'S IN A THRILLER AT THE BUZZER
UTEP MEN WIN!!!
GO MINERS!!!!!!
Lil ol me

El Paso, TX

#10 Dec 20, 2010
Everyone made all this hype for Memphis at the beginning of the season but the real contenders are gonna be UTEP, UCF and Southern Miss. UTEP had a great offensive practice against a great defensive team tonight against the Jacks. UTEP will be C-USA champs again and proceed past the first round of the NCAA tourney. Let UTEP be the underdog and rise up when it's time! shhh...go miners...stay under radar for now...then...bammmmm baby! Then all the ESPN analysts will say they were my sleeper team from the beginning...haha!
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 20, 2010
mINERO wrote:
I think its going to come down to free throws againts BYU. Mr. Stone needs to step up and make his FT's because he really doesn't have an outside shot either, thus he should just stick to assisting in this game...just being honest! Go Miners
huh???
Jake

El Paso, TX

#12 Dec 20, 2010
Lil ol me wrote:
Everyone made all this hype for Memphis at the beginning of the season but the real contenders are gonna be UTEP, UCF and Southern Miss. UTEP had a great offensive practice against a great defensive team tonight against the Jacks. UTEP will be C-USA champs again and proceed past the first round of the NCAA tourney. Let UTEP be the underdog and rise up when it's time! shhh...go miners...stay under radar for now...then...bammmmm baby! Then all the ESPN analysts will say they were my sleeper team from the beginning...haha!
You are probably right, although I would not count out Memphis just yet.

GOD I LOVE BASKETBALL SEASON! IT IS SOO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE THAN FOOTBALL!

Great players, Great Coach, and Great Tradition.

LET'S GET BYU!
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

#13 Dec 20, 2010
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right, although I would not count out Memphis just yet.
GOD I LOVE BASKETBALL SEASON! IT IS SOO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE THAN FOOTBALL!
Great players, Great Coach, and Great Tradition.
LET'S GET BYU!
nice!
Lil ol me

El Paso, TX

#14 Dec 20, 2010
Jake, Memphis being a preseason hyped team should
ve done soooo much better against the teams the have baaaarely beat. Mark my word, Memphis will not even be a contender against UTEP or Southern Miss.
Lil ol me

El Paso, TX

#15 Dec 20, 2010
Take note I have left UCF out. They will be battling out with Memphis for third. Let their heads get big now...
Utep

El Paso, TX

#16 Dec 20, 2010
Unlike John Teischer, I believe free throws win games. JuJu Stone needs to make them. reason why they are called free. Bohanon has adapted his free throw style and is shooting better, Polk needs to work with Stone and show him. Stone just needs to concentrate a little more. Stone is the leader of that team and needs to prove to his team he can lead them and it starts at the charity stripe. Overall scrappy game. A win is a win and they toughed it out. Great teams always find a way to win. I am a critic, but always support my Miners.
Jake

El Paso, TX

#17 Dec 20, 2010
Lil ol me wrote:
Jake, Memphis being a preseason hyped team should
ve done soooo much better against the teams the have baaaarely beat. Mark my word, Memphis will not even be a contender against UTEP or Southern Miss.
I agree that they have struggled against teams they should have wooped, but it is hard to count out a team that has that much talent. I HATE Memphis, so I want to see them choke and die, but I also realize they can't be taken lightly.

We get them here this year though, so I like our chances, as well as our chances with UCF who we also get here. Southern Miss is a challenge for sure. Gary Flowers is arguably the best overall player in this league.

GO MINERS!
minerfan in az

United States

#18 Dec 21, 2010
UCF looks tough! They've beaten some good teams! Memphis has a lot of talent but are practically coach less. If they get it together watch out that team has some potential but then again they are not very deep.....man! I can't wait to start conference play....the CUSA looks very competitive this year! Go Miners! Let's beat BYU....we can't let them beat us in football AND basketball in one season!
Lil ol me

El Paso, TX

#19 Dec 21, 2010
BYU will beat us...unfortunately. However, it will give us a great learning experience going into conference play. Go UTEP! Miners will kick butt in conference!!!
Lil ol me

El Paso, TX

#20 Dec 21, 2010
UCF has beaten one good team... Miami.twice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UTEP men's basketball: Floyd wary of Stephen F.... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Another Aggie Fan 16
Jacks Head to NCAA Tournament (Mar '09) Mar '09 SU fan 1
Johnson leads Missouri women' s basketball to win (Jan '08) Jan '08 Alesia Poindexter 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••