East Stroudsburg fire kills Notre Dam...

East Stroudsburg fire kills Notre Dame hoops star Jeff Dailey, ...

There are 37 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 9, 2007, titled East Stroudsburg fire kills Notre Dame hoops star Jeff Dailey, .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Jeff Dailey was a sharpshooting basketball player, setting the career record for points at Notre Dame High School in Bethlehem Township by the time he graduated in 2004.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Unreal

Allentown, PA

#1 Nov 9, 2007
I have known Bobby Dailey since were kids, growing up in Easton, and my heart is aching for him and his family. I cried when I read this....God Bless you Bobby, and may your son Rest in Peace. What a life....

Since: Feb 07

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2007
I remember the sports articles about this boy, and he seemed to have been a great role model for others, not just as an athlete, but as a person. My heart breaks for his family, as it is such a trajedy to lose young people like this.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Nov 9, 2007
As a former emergency services worker, I've seen these things all too often; what a tragedy, for people to die in such a manner!
If the fire was in fact started by a quilt cover being ingited by a heater; this time of year is very busy for fire departments, as more people use their space heaters, fireplaces, etc. Please, everyone; to prevent more tragedies like this, be extra careful with heaters, fireplaces, stoves, etc. And be sure that your home has working smoke detectors, too.
My prayers are with the victims.

“Joey Chestnut is my hero”

Since: Feb 07

Whitehall, PA

#6 Nov 9, 2007
Johnn wrote:
How much you want to bet the 7 year old boy was playing with matches...
Please read the article again. It is very likely started the way they stated - a quilt left on a heater. That would smolder long enough to cause a serious fire.
Staberdearth

Augusta, NJ

#7 Nov 9, 2007
Tragedy beyond words!

Did I miss something in this article? A multi family dwelling with no heat or smoke detectors? What is with that?
Nena

Allentown, PA

#8 Nov 9, 2007
My prayers go to theses families that have lost their loved ones. It's such a tragedy to lose someone so important in your life. One thing i've learned through experience (since my mother was killed 12 yrs ago) those that you love always give them a hug and always remind them that they're very much loved, because you never know when you'll never see them again. Sorry for the loss. I know how it feels.
gertie

AOL

#9 Nov 9, 2007
omg this is so sad. what a tragedy. Yesterday we had such a great story and today this very sad one. God Bless
gertie

AOL

#10 Nov 9, 2007
Johnn wrote:
How much do you want to bet that you too were 7 once. Are you even human, where is your common decency?????
Come on this is such a tragedy, have a heart.... and please READ the article before commenting. And keep you foot in your mouth awhile you desreve a lesson here!!!
God Bless all the victims and their families and friends.
Unreal

Exton, PA

#12 Nov 9, 2007
Johnn wrote:
How much you want to be, you do not know how to read and comprehend?
Fix The Old Homes

Skippack, PA

#13 Nov 9, 2007
What a shame. The reality is, though, that these fast-moving fires can happen in many old homes. This is because the old houses were built with "balloon" framing. Basically, the vertical studs are actually just single studs that run from the bottom to the top of each home. Couple this with the lack of any proper fire stops (wood placed at the bottom or top of each floor, between studs), and you have a perfect situation for fire to spread quickly.
U R CREEPY

Horsham, PA

#14 Nov 9, 2007
David J Bhaltazhar Esq wrote:
To reap the heights of joy,
you must fathom the depths of sorrow.
~xXx~
David J. Bhaltazhar Esq.
Internal Affairs
Nisky Hill, PA
Commenting again when someone has died. You're so creepy.
lmn

Horsham, PA

#15 Nov 9, 2007
I thought two people died in this fire? Any news on the other person such as their name and their accomplishments?

“The mom in charge”

Since: Sep 07

Allentown

#16 Nov 9, 2007
lmn wrote:
I thought two people died in this fire? Any news on the other person such as their name and their accomplishments?
Morning call neglected to speak much about the other victim who herself was only 25. Rest in peace both of the victims! Im praying for all involved in this sad story...the victims, family and friends!
Unreal

Exton, PA

#17 Nov 9, 2007
David J Bhaltazhar Esq wrote:
To reap the heights of joy,
you must fathom the depths of sorrow.
~xXx~
David J. Bhaltazhar Esq.
Internal Affairs
Nisky Hill, PA
You are a very, very strange, weird, lonely, confused, idiot...
Johnn

Orefield, PA

#18 Nov 9, 2007
Joe518 wrote:
<quoted text>Please read the article again. It is very likely started the way they stated - a quilt left on a heater. That would smolder long enough to cause a serious fire.
You read the atticle, it said that the boy said it started by the heater... he is lying
Johnn

Orefield, PA

#19 Nov 9, 2007
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>How much you want to be, you do not know how to read and comprehend?
Quote from the article:
"boy told Howell that a quilt cover from a bed was ignited by an electrical baseboard heater, starting the fire." The boy is lying, he was playing with matches
Unreal

Exton, PA

#20 Nov 9, 2007
Johnn wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote from the article:
"boy told Howell that a quilt cover from a bed was ignited by an electrical baseboard heater, starting the fire." The boy is lying, he was playing with matches
How do YOU know the boy is lying? Were you there?
David Hanni Jr

Allentown, PA

#21 Nov 9, 2007
Jeff i never met you but loved watching you play the game of basketball..it was a honor to have seen you play...when i was told yesterday about your passing at work it was a huge blow to not just me but to the entire lehigh valley..stuff like this isnt suppose to happen to people like you bro....i will pray for your family and friends and hope that they can somehow get threw all this....youll be greatly missed but NEVER FORGOTTEN...

See you when we get there..

dave hanni

“Does it really Matter”

Since: May 07

Sunnyville USA

#22 Nov 9, 2007
Very Sad Story....
Jason

Chicago, IL

#23 Nov 9, 2007
Not much said about the girl that died :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Mary's Gaels NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spiders and Gaels meet in South Region's first ... (Mar '10) Aug '10 raju 3
News Jerome Randle, Omar Samhan and Patrick Christop... (Jun '10) Jun '10 MOlanjello 2
Celebrate in Houston (Mar '10) Mar '10 Howl at the Moon 1
News Upset: Villanova Falls to St. Mary's (Mar '10) Mar '10 Concerned Clevela... 3
News Saint Mary's matched up with Richmond in South (Mar '10) Mar '10 Spiderman 2
News UConn women's basketball team wins record 71st ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 va jj 1
News Jon Wilner: Stanford's Landry Fields making a c... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Adam Lenihan 1
More from around the web