For a day, St. John's is relevant again

For a day, St. John's is relevant again

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 5, 2009, titled For a day, St. John's is relevant again. In it, Newsday reports that:

There's no denying that St. John's provided the most excitement it's generated since the Norm Roberts era began with its 71-65 win over No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

RedmenOnThe Rise

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jan 6, 2009
Outstanding - just beautiful! Could not have been said any better...Thank you very much!
Who Pays

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 6, 2009
Good article after St. John,s wins one game and everyone thinks they have won the NCAA Tournament. St. John's hired a head coach who is a good man with no head coaching experience and has been rewarded for being at the bottom of the Big East for five years. The St.John's Administration is clueless in their hiring of coaches. A shame for New York and the few fans left.

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2009
Lou Carnesecca should have never retired!
NYStateOfMind

Ridgewood, NY

#4 Jan 6, 2009
I'm not sure that one win against a ranked opponent make St. John's "releveant"...

While I respect Norm Roberts' candor and openness, the lack of top tier recruits coming to St. John's could very well be his undoing. I understand AAU coaches do influence recruits if a D1 coach doesn't "work with them" like Coach Roberts, but that wasn't a problem when Looie, Brian Mahoney, or Fran Fraschilla were running the program...

I remember St. John's back in the day with lots of players from the 5 boroughs winning regularly. Hope it happens again and soon...
The Dead Storm

Newtown, CT

#5 Feb 5, 2009
It's time for St. Johns to get out of the Big East, the NEC would be a good fit
Curious

AOL

#6 Feb 5, 2009
RedmenOnThe Rise wrote:
Outstanding - just beautiful! Could not have been said any better...Thank you very much!
When is the good old days of Lou C will arrive??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. John's Red Storm NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Storm's Taming Of Georgetown Hoyas Marks Re... (Jan '11) Jan '11 NYSportsExaminer 1
News K-State adding St. John's swingman? (May '10) May '10 thatswhatsup 1
News St. John's Blog Talk (Mar '10) Mar '10 bill 2
News St. John's falls in CBI opener (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tap San in LIC 3
News St. John's ends Georgetown's NCAA hopes with 69... (Mar '09) Mar '09 DGC Spread 3
News Roberts likely to be retained as St. John's coach (Mar '09) Mar '09 Jimmy 20
News St. John's AD gives Roberts vote of confidence (Mar '09) Mar '09 who pays 1
More from around the web