Miner notes

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Miner notes. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

For the first time since the middle of 2006 , UTEP didn't have a single turnover.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

MinerMasher

Tarentum, PA

#1 Oct 5, 2008
Can someone tell me a little about that fake punt on their own 11yd line..? I had to follow the game online and didnt know that had taken place.
BoricuaMiner

El Paso, TX

#2 Oct 5, 2008
MinerMasher wrote:
Can someone tell me a little about that fake punt on their own 11yd line..? I had to follow the game online and didnt know that had taken place.
Anthony Morrow, one of the safites for UTEP on special teams, got the ball on direct snap. The line opened and he took off running straight downfield for a 27 yard gain. He almost beat the punt returner who was basically waiting for him; the tackle resulted in a touchdown saving tackle but nonetheless gave the Miners much needed momentum in the first half.
Miners and Niners

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 6, 2008
That play was crazy but it paid off nicely. Utep just needs to find a way to stop the run. If they can do that there is no reason that can't have a winning season in the Conference USA and maybe even play for the title. Their biggest hurddle will be Tulsa for sure. Go MINERS!!!
Tyt

Sioux City, IA

#4 Oct 6, 2008
I just want to say how the el paso times sports writers are not very good and how they are bandwagon UTEP fans.
MinerMasher

Wailuku, HI

#5 Oct 8, 2008
TYT youre right. i mean, i had to ask for someone to give me the details of that game, and thanks for that NINERSandMINERS and BORICUAMINER. the eptimes kinda suk. oh well anyway, good luck to utep this weekend, i guess ill head over and watch Hawaii get beat up now that im here. im gonna wear my utep stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Miss. Golden Eagles NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News Brandon wrestling takes 40th straight title (Feb '14) Feb '14 lookingcrazy1 1
News Chip Kelly Will Beat Andy Reid's Win Total In 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 'Embarrassing' season cost Southern Miss' Johns... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News USM Football finishes 0-12 in 2012 (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News Ho hum, another loss: Mustangs stampede past Go... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News Peterson leads Rice past Southern Miss 44-17 (Oct '12) Nov '12 jim day 3
More from around the web