AD on the hot seat now

There are 7 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from Nov 28, 2007, titled AD on the hot seat now. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

The president of the University of Southern Mississippi said Wednesday the responsibility for correcting what's wrong with the football program belongs to the athletic director, and the pressure will be on as ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

Dan Cook

AOL

#1 Nov 30, 2007
There's an old country expression that "it will all come out in the wash." Book it.
Bill Austin

AOL

#2 Nov 30, 2007
I have been a Jeff Bowers supporter for years, but where I see the "short fall" of the football team is on defense. Seems like Conference USA like to score, score, score. I would like the defense to return to the days of the "Nasty Bunch". If we can't run up the big score, at least keep the competition from doing it.
Bob Davidson

Knoxville, TN

#3 Nov 30, 2007
Jeff has done more with less than any other coach in 1A play. He has put USM on the map and my vote is that maybe the current AD should go back to the swamps of Monroe, LA.
Rick Callahan

Great Falls, MT

#4 Nov 30, 2007
Jeff is a great coach (evan when i was there). Seems like there is a problem between quarterback and recievers.
Vernell Thompson

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Dec 6, 2007
I am a USM graduate that believes in Southern Miss sports. Since Bower was released and resigned from his position there is a need to bring in a proven coach and not a coach attempting to prove himself. I understand looking at coaches from the Junior College ranks but getting a coach that has coached in big time college football would do the best job in advancing the program. There is a fact that recruits are looking at the coach hire because they want someone they can trust by their past but not what they hope they can do
Gulfport Eagle

Gulfport, MS

#6 Dec 7, 2007
Its very sad when a handful of money alumni can hijack the football program and cause such bungling to occur. I won't abandon USM as so many others will as a result of this travesty, however, I am very unhappy about the situation. And no, I am not excited at all about any new coach search.
DAN JAMES

Northbrook, IL

#7 Dec 12, 2007
NOW THAT GIANNINI HAS "DUMPED" JEFF BOWER.(THE BEST, MOST HONORABLE AND MOST UNDER PAID COACH IN CUSA) I WOULD SAY THINGS BETTER LOOK A LOT BETTER IN A HURRY OR A NEW AD MAY BE NEXT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Miss. Golden Eagles NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News Brandon wrestling takes 40th straight title (Feb '14) Feb '14 lookingcrazy1 1
News Chip Kelly Will Beat Andy Reid's Win Total In 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 'Embarrassing' season cost Southern Miss' Johns... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News USM Football finishes 0-12 in 2012 (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News Ho hum, another loss: Mustangs stampede past Go... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News Peterson leads Rice past Southern Miss 44-17 (Oct '12) Nov '12 jim day 3
More from around the web