Knights slow down Golden Hurricane, s...

Knights slow down Golden Hurricane, snap losing skid

There are 86 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 20, 2007, titled Knights slow down Golden Hurricane, snap losing skid. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

There would be no embarrassing rumble this time around for the University of Central Florida football team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ttt

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2007
he he he
floundericious

Belle Vernon, PA

#2 Oct 20, 2007
way to be, knights!

Regain your composure and play your game! One game, one week, one opponent at a time!
James

Ocoee, FL

#3 Oct 20, 2007
Slow start, but good to see the team come alive. Solid 2nd half.
Frank

Lakeland, FL

#4 Oct 20, 2007
Wow, you'd think the hometown paper would spell the QB's name right....
Bullish

De Leon Springs, FL

#5 Oct 20, 2007
Congrats on snapping that losing streak.

Since: Sep 07

Indialantic, FL

#6 Oct 20, 2007
Congrats on being the last USF fan left.
UofSuspectedFelo ns

Clermont, FL

#7 Oct 20, 2007
congrats on beginning your losing streak
Gator Nation

Kissimmee, FL

#8 Oct 20, 2007
Golden Hurricane? Is that more powerful than a Golden Shower?
punk0mi

Clearwater, FL

#9 Oct 20, 2007
That was the best the Knights have looked all season long!

Way to go Israel....thats how you get it done.
Mike

Orlando, FL

#10 Oct 20, 2007
Nice to see UCF bounce back...big win and a good season well w in grasp
Gator man

Clichy, France

#11 Oct 21, 2007
Yeah, they are the fifth best team in the state!!!!... and play in a crappy stadium full of bleachers!!!
dtownOrlando

Lakeland, FL

#12 Oct 21, 2007
thank god the world is right again with uf being the number one team in the state...ucf is still the second most popular team in orlando. go gators!!!
AlumKnight

Cocoa, FL

#13 Oct 21, 2007
What's with the UF fans bashing us now? I expect it from USF fans, but Gators? Maybe in the week we play them... But, a lot of Knight fans are Gator fans too, we cheered in BHNS when they announced the score of UF-UK. Come on. We already have Bianchi to deal with.

Since: Jul 07

Satellite Beach, FL

#14 Oct 21, 2007
Bullish wrote:
Congrats on snapping that losing streak.
Thanks. Those last two losses were really painful and looked like the team just flat gave up. We are not known for being a second half team and usually peter out about midway through the third quarter. Last night, though, we played all 60 minutes. The defense could have played MUCH better in stopping the run, but thankfully our pass D stepped up and had 4 interceptions deep in our territory. Tulsa played a much better game than the scoreboard showed and averaged about 6 yeards a play.

I'm not going to lie and say I wasn't pleased on a personal level to see the Bulls lose to Rutgers, but as a Floridian I'm exstatic to see another state school kicking butt nationally. USF has had a helluva season so far and you all seriously put a hurtin on us on the 13th. I wish you luck in the rest of your season.

Since: Jul 07

Satellite Beach, FL

#15 Oct 21, 2007
Gator man wrote:
Yeah, they are the fifth best team in the state!!!!... and play in a crappy stadium full of bleachers!!!
I'll take UCF's new stadium over that piece o' shite "swamp" any day. Stomping your feet on concrete doesn't really make any noise. But what really makes Benny Hill's stadium a joke are the pompous jerkoff Gator fans that populate it.
Coach Hater

Palm Coast, FL

#16 Oct 21, 2007
Finally, 4 quarters of football! Israel needs to have board game night every week, if that's what it takes to get the offense to show up for the second half. It's better than any adjustment the coaching staff has made.

Now, we need to win in Hattiesburg next week and we need ECU to lose to a bottom feeder like UAB or Memphis and we actually have a shot at the eastern champs. Part of this is in our hands, part of it isn't. Let's take care of what we have to do, huh George?
ProAttitude

Zephyrhills, FL

#17 Oct 21, 2007
The best quote of the year,... "I haven't read the paper {insert Orlando Sentinel} in about three weeks and I won't do it tomorrow," Israel said. "And I won't do it [today]. You have to take the good with the bad."
Bullish

De Leon Springs, FL

#19 Oct 21, 2007
Alex Rudloff wrote:
Congrats on being the last USF fan left.
I give you a compliment, and the first thing a UCF fan does is come back with an insult? BTW, you might want to get some of your UCF fans who are STILL posting about USF losing to Rutgers.

You guys just don't get it, do you. the better UCF does, the better it helps our strength of schedule. The better that WE do, the better it helps YOUR schedule.
Jau

Oviedo, FL

#20 Oct 21, 2007
Bullish, thanks for the words. I gotta tell you though, I tried to pull for you guys on Thursday, but literally couldn't bring myself to do it. Grothe's a cool cat though, every time they showed him on the sidelines, he just looked laid back as if the team were up by 3 TDs. I think that's why he's so good.

As for the Gator fans on here that bash UCF, they've never set foot in a class at UF. Losers.

Go Knights!
Coach Hater

Palm Coast, FL

#21 Oct 21, 2007
Bullish wrote:
<quoted text>
...The better that WE do, the better it helps YOUR schedule.
Uh, yeah. Thanks for all that "help" you gave our strength of schedule at Rutgers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Miss. Golden Eagles NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News Brandon wrestling takes 40th straight title (Feb '14) Feb '14 lookingcrazy1 1
News Chip Kelly Will Beat Andy Reid's Win Total In 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 'Embarrassing' season cost Southern Miss' Johns... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News USM Football finishes 0-12 in 2012 (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News Ho hum, another loss: Mustangs stampede past Go... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
News Peterson leads Rice past Southern Miss 44-17 (Oct '12) Nov '12 jim day 3
More from around the web