CA thieves make off with $1 million in jewels

Full story: El Paso Times 46
UTEP hit a speed bump down the stretch -- but it was only a bump. The nationally-ranked Miners held on, pushing aside a frantic Southern Miss rally, to take a 59-56 Conference USA victory over the Golden Eagles on Wednesday night in Hattiesburg, Miss. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sweet

AOL

#43 Feb 25, 2010
you wrote it ,halftime !! what AN A.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S..KICKINGGGGG GGGG does not look good for C-USA
Danny

El Paso, TX

#44 Feb 25, 2010
sweet wrote:
you wrote it ,halftime !! what AN A.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S..KICKINGGGGG GGGG does not look good for C-USA
Looks BAD for the ACC

Like they said - Duke 'the cream of the crop in the ACC' can't beat Tulsa by more that 18 on their home court and their refs - Tulsa - the 5th place team in the c-usa. I say the ACC is way over rated and c-usa is underrated!
Jay

El Paso, TX

#45 Feb 25, 2010
UTEP has a pretty good team -- but C-USA is a bad conference and the Miners have a pretty weak schedule -- they need to be destroying teams like Southern Miss.

Every team has a chance during the big dance in March, however I still need to see UTEP convincingly beat a ranked team or a team from a stacked conference like the Big East before I really start believing in them.
ep east

United States

#46 Feb 26, 2010
Seymour Butts wrote:
Who cares about the Miners anyway.....the Times should be covering the Lobos and Aggies.....Miners will choke in the first round of the NCAA playoffs.
You are in the wrong city,the aggies wont even make the big dance while the lobos will with a EL PASO kid in their starting line up.Whats the matter lobo and aggies city newspaper dont cover their own teams!
ep east

United States

#47 Feb 26, 2010
Dot dot horizon city monstro and miner in so cal you guys know what you are talking about, better a win than a loss.Top 2 to 3 teams in every conference are having a hard time on the road,pitt lost by 15 memphis by 17 purdue wins by 1 at then 16 & 10 minnesota, wisc gb lost by 7 to 7 & 20 Ill chicago on the road.To all you anti miners there is always a team down the road to the west of el paso you can cheer for.
ep east

United States

#48 Feb 26, 2010
Check this out wrote:
www.minerrush.com a cool website for utep athletics kind of like burnt orange nation is to Texas athletics.
You were right, cool website thanks for the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Southern Miss. Golden Eagles NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southern Miss stumbles, falls to Memphis in Con... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Kevin 1
Southern Miss pummels Tulane in first round of ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 JRMaynard3 1
Miners face tough road test (Feb '11) Feb '11 disappointed 31
CSUMB cagers fall to Southern Mississippi (Dec '10) Dec '10 Alan 1
USM men's team has chance to be really good (Aug '10) Aug '10 A FAN 1
UTEP Miners look to protect national ranking (Feb '10) Feb '10 Texas Don 38
UConn women regain road appeal (Jan '08) Feb '10 Connecticut Sam 16
More from around the web