Gators still coming to grips with not making the Big Dance

For a week, Florida's Gators have known they would sit out the biggest spectacle in college basketball. Full Story
Bell

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 22, 2008
still coming to grips? move on please, you're not that good to be in the real tournament!

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#2 Mar 24, 2008
Bell wrote:
still coming to grips? move on please, you're not that good to be in the real tournament!
You know, as a die-hard Gator - I am never on a blog for FSU, or Thug-U bashing them. Maybe because I have better things to do with my time - or maybe it's because Gator fans just have more class! These young Gators missed a chance at the big show, but they have talent, so they will be there next year! COUNT ON IT!
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#3 Mar 24, 2008
G8RDAVE wrote:
You know, as a die-hard Gator - I am never on a blog for FSU, or Thug-U bashing them. Maybe because I have better things to do with my time - or maybe it's because Gator fans just have more class! These young Gators missed a chance at the big show, but they have talent, so they will be there next year! COUNT ON IT!
First of all, when you write comments like "Florida's "little" problems are NOTHING compared to the ones that continually plague the Florida State Criminals & the Thugs of South Beach!!" you cannot then try to take the high road.

Secondly, when you claim "You know, as a die-hard Gator - I am never on a blog for FSU, or Thug-U bashing them. Maybe because I have better things to do with my time - or maybe it's because Gator fans just have more class!" That means you have not been made aware of Gatorsrulz, UFAlum, and Hard Core Gator trolling the Canes threads, For example in this thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/south-flori...

Third, just because this "Bell" guy posed from Miami doesn't make him a fan of either of the teams you mentioned. He might be a Bulldog or Vols fan, too.

If you want to claim ALL Gator fans have more class than FSU fans or UM fans, you better expect a little evidence of the opposite.

I hope the Gators get there next year, and the Canes and FSU, too. However, please don't figure that all the Gator fans have halos on their head.
Hoops Fan

United States

#4 Mar 24, 2008
Syracuse, UConn, and Maryland are hoop crazy programs who have won national titles this decade and ended up in the NIT recently. For UF to lose their starting line-up and 6th man and missing the Big Dance is a disappointment, but by no means a sign of a failing program.

There is much more balance and competition in college hoops than college football. It's much more rigorous to qualify for the NCAA tournament than it is to qualify for a bowl game.

“If you ain't first you're last”

Since: Mar 08

Orlando, FL

#5 Mar 24, 2008
My kids would've made it to the big dance... that's because my kids are winners!

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#6 Mar 24, 2008
Suffering Miami Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, when you write comments like "Florida's "little" problems are NOTHING compared to the ones that continually plague the Florida State Criminals & the Thugs of South Beach!!" you cannot then try to take the high road.
Secondly, when you claim "You know, as a die-hard Gator - I am never on a blog for FSU, or Thug-U bashing them. Maybe because I have better things to do with my time - or maybe it's because Gator fans just have more class!" That means you have not been made aware of Gatorsrulz, UFAlum, and Hard Core Gator trolling the Canes threads, For example in this thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/south-flori...
Third, just because this "Bell" guy posed from Miami doesn't make him a fan of either of the teams you mentioned. He might be a Bulldog or Vols fan, too.
If you want to claim ALL Gator fans have more class than FSU fans or UM fans, you better expect a little evidence of the opposite.
I hope the Gators get there next year, and the Canes and FSU, too. However, please don't figure that all the Gator fans have halos on their head.
Dude, I was talking about MY own experience on this forum. Everytime there is something even remotely negative about the Gators, all these Nole & Thug-U fans jump on the Gator-bashing train. You know why? Because there is nothing worth talking about on an FSU or UM blog. Jealousy is what brings them on here.
Alfred E Newman

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2008
They are going to win the NIT and that will be good enough for our young gators

Since: Sep 07

Greensboro, NC

#9 Mar 24, 2008
Alfred E Newman wrote:
They are going to win the NIT and that will be good enough for our young gators
I said that after our first couple of SEC losses. I felt that they did not have enough experience to go deep in the tourny. I said that I would rather them win the NIT than to get blown out in the first round of the tourny. Looks like my comment is coming into fruition. GO GATORS!!
Raeleena

Washington, DC

#10 Mar 24, 2008
For those of you who bleed orange and blue there is always next year but in the mean time to chat about the goings on and purchase cool Gator stuff check out Www.gatordistrict.com
Suffering Miami Fan

Durham, NC

#11 Mar 25, 2008
G8RDAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I was talking about MY own experience on this forum. Everytime there is something even remotely negative about the Gators, all these Nole & Thug-U fans jump on the Gator-bashing train. You know why? Because there is nothing worth talking about on an FSU or UM blog. Jealousy is what brings them on here.
And my response is that it happens to FSU and UM threads as well. Your experience is not unique. Regrettable, but all three schools have trolls.

Of course, the referring to UM as Thug-U (both factually and historically incorrect) I am sure really makes UM fans endeared to your comments.

I that thread I linked, a Gator fan got upset by the word "Gaytor" (not posted by me), wouldn't a UM fan have an equal right to be upset about Thug-U?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego State Aztecs Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlotte Hornets: Does Josh Davis Deserve a Ro... Jul '14 TJS 1
SDSU Water Polo Heads to Chapman Mini Invitational (Mar '14) Mar '14 ernst 1
No. 7 San Diego St holds off Utah St 74-69 in OT (Jan '14) Jan '14 Henry De Silva 1
wbb (Nov '13) Nov '13 WBB FAN 1
Florida Gulf Coast vs. San Diego State NCAA Tou... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Carlos in DC 1
Aztecs run over Wahine - Sports (Nov '08) Nov '08 players deserve... 2
Aztecs run over Wahine - Sports News (Nov '08) Nov '08 rainbowbballer 1

San Diego State Aztecs Women's Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE