No. 7 Rutgers 73, No. 1 UConn 71

Full story: Hartford Courant

Rutgers sophomore guard Epiphanny Prince came into Tuesday's game averaging 13.1 points.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2008
ct yankee

Essex, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

I'll listen to the game on the radio before I'll go to the trouble of trying to get another channel to pay for.
William Howard Taft

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

And still no one cares about UCONN womens basketball.....
Donald Huffmire

Rochester, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

UConn lost this game because Geno won't play Charde Houston. Charde should be in the starting lineup. This is destroying this team's chances of winning a National Championship. Vivian Stringer is a far superior coach to Geno. Geno's coaching days at UConn should end. It is time to bring in Jennifer Rizzotti as the women's basketball coach. She could develop the teamwork needed to make this a very successful team that would win the National Championship.
Bill the Butcher

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

You actually care about Womens basketball? You can't be serious!
Donald Huffmire wrote:
UConn lost this game because Geno won't play Charde Houston. Charde should be in the starting lineup. This is destroying this team's chances of winning a National Championship. Vivian Stringer is a far superior coach to Geno. Geno's coaching days at UConn should end. It is time to bring in Jennifer Rizzotti as the women's basketball coach. She could develop the teamwork needed to make this a very successful team that would win the National Championship.
Miserable Old Man

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Bill the Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah some people care. It's the only thing going on now that football's over. Unless you want to watch the convicts - err - men's basketball team. As least the lady huskies can read and write and have a 100% graduation rate.
Amsterdam

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Bill the Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Bill, people still care about those N_pp_ Headed H__s!
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

William,Donald and Bill; you guys are idiots.

You obviously never played in a highly competitive environment.

Donald you are really a jerk. You don't have a clue about coaching or motivation. It's not the coach who commits 14 turnovers, anyone of which makes a difference in a close game.

It's a game and the fate of the world does not ride on the outcome.

As far as C Vivian being a better coach than Geno, 5 rings. That's all I'll say.
Bill the Butcher

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Yeaahhhhhhhh lets get fired up for womens sports. You are a clown!
Dan wrote:
William,Donald and Bill; you guys are idiots.
You obviously never played in a highly competitive environment.
Donald you are really a jerk. You don't have a clue about coaching or motivation. It's not the coach who commits 14 turnovers, anyone of which makes a difference in a close game.
It's a game and the fate of the world does not ride on the outcome.
As far as C Vivian being a better coach than Geno, 5 rings. That's all I'll say.
bill

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

do your think 5 rings means he is a better coach. he had a 14 year head start and more important she has caught him in 6 years. it clear rutgers is the better progam right now..remember rings just mean you have a better job that's all...duke kentucky are great examples in the mens game..name any coach who has worked at those schools and not won a chamionpship. tenn uconn are way ahead in the womens game..much like ucla was in the 60s and 70s..porblem is other schools are now taking womens sports serious. this way both school are finding that time have changed.
bill

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

sorry that last line should say,both schools are finding that the times are changing. This is good for the sport. Which get me to another point. Geno need to stop trying to hype big games with silly talk. Its no longer needed the game will get attention without it. Their was a place for it years ago. Not now..it called moving forward
Peg

Lewiston, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2008

"I don't think it is any secret CSTV is trying to drive viewers to force the cable systems to add their network."

CSTV charged $10 to see this game -- CPTV charges $45 for the whole season via Hoop Streams (30+ games). I dont get CSTV and I dont want it if they're going to rip the fans like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Providence College NCAA Discussions

Search the Providence College NCAA Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cooley, Cotton Have Providence College Moving I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 hoopsterluvr 1
Cooley committed to winning at Providence (Jul '11) Jul '11 Evans 1
W.Va. 93, PC 63: Mountaineers level bewildered ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Paul D 1
After tough summer, Friars moving on (Nov '10) Nov '10 bigdaddyo 1
Jamine Peterson dismissed from PC hoop program (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ryan 1
Talk about Providence College NCAA (Mar '10) Mar '10 Doug Vereecke 1
Keno Davis hints at wholesale change after Fria... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Paul D 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••