This Isn't The Statement UConn Wanted

This Isn't The Statement UConn Wanted

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 18, 2008, titled This Isn't The Statement UConn Wanted. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

T he two were pinned to the bench for the final three minutes. Donnell Beverly came in first and if that wasn't a loud enough message, Jim Calhoun whirled around and inserted walk-on Kyle Bailey for the final ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

again

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2008
The most PATHETIC game yet.I have watched better games at the local playground!!!
Rosa23

Salem, CT

#3 Jan 18, 2008
Wow! how sad.
Andrew

Bel Air, MD

#4 Jan 18, 2008
Walk- On Kyle Baily should start in every game this season. He is the best player on the team by far!
Anonymous

United States

#5 Jan 18, 2008
EVEN BIGGER T wrote:
Am I the only one who feels this team is the team that looks great and intimidating in warmups, dunking and acting the part of legends but then gets whooped by a fundamentally sound team who can hit three's and free throws? This team's problem is their ENTIRE offense and defense against the 3. Mr. Calhoun, no denying you are great but let's work on recruiting for next year. These kids don't get it..
No you are not. Uconn would be a great team this year if basketball were played like the NBA Jam video game. But they aren't capable of playing intelligent basketball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Providence Friars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cooley, Cotton Have Providence College Moving I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 hoopsterluvr 1
News Cooley committed to winning at Providence (Jul '11) Jul '11 Evans 1
News W.Va. 93, PC 63: Mountaineers level bewildered ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Paul D 1
News After tough summer, Friars moving on (Nov '10) Nov '10 bigdaddyo 1
News Jamine Peterson dismissed from PC hoop program (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ryan 1
News Keno Davis hints at wholesale change after Fria... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Paul D 1
News Sharaud Curry nominated for Bob Cousy award (Dec '09) Dec '09 Los 1
More from around the web