Huskies' Performance Hits The Marq

Huskies' Performance Hits The Marq

There are 16 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 21, 2008, titled Huskies' Performance Hits The Marq. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

There had been a rock-bottom performance against Providence and a few days for the accompanying emotions to percolate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Massachusetts Husky

Mansfield, MA

#1 Jan 21, 2008
Sure, I pony up the bucks for ESPN Fullcourt coverage of the Providence game, then save my ducats on the Marquette game. Murphy's Law, maybe?

Whatever, I'll take it. Still, no resting on laurels here. Cincy and Indy are both waiting with arms folded and a "prove it wasn't a freak" attitude. Guaranteed.

Great game, Huskies. Now don't let up and don't look back!
tmac

Hartford, CT

#2 Jan 21, 2008
It was a good win, but we have been down this path before. The next 2 games will shoe how far they have come. Cincinnati is also trying to prove something and so far they are better than UConn. I liked the fact that they didn't showboat, maybe they have grown up.
twomiler

Southington, CT

#3 Jan 21, 2008
It's amazing how a team can look so bad one day and two days later look like the best team in the Big East. How does that happen? Sure the Huskies are still young but they've played together for 1 1/2 years and should be improving. Is the Big East that strong this year that most teams will go through this kind of radical swing? Midway into the season and we still don't know.
DCHusky

San Jose, CA

#4 Jan 21, 2008
first time I've seen real UCONN ball in more than 2 years....
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#5 Jan 21, 2008
twomiler wrote:
It's amazing how a team can look so bad one day and two days later look like the best team in the Big East. How does that happen? Sure the Huskies are still young but they've played together for 1 1/2 years and should be improving. Is the Big East that strong this year that most teams will go through this kind of radical swing? Midway into the season and we still don't know.
Yes, I think the big east is that strong this year...But if you go player by player, UConn is one of the most talented teams in the big east and should be able to finish with a strong record if they play together and let Price lead them.
mclacasse

Meriden, CT

#6 Jan 21, 2008
I think we hit marquette in a funk but I still feel that we are getting better, I've said it before the shooters have to step up and look for the answers to their woes and poor shot selection, the next game will tell if the defense can contain a good team, would be nice to start a row.........go UCONN..........Big East rules
Ucoon78

Glen Ellyn, IL

#7 Jan 21, 2008
This team displayed the kind of heart and hunger you need to win these type of games. Everybody got touches and each made sure the big man in the middle was getting his fair share of touches. If this team plays more like this consistently they really can make it back to the top spot or least be a contender for it in New York.
The defense was Husky caliber defense and when it is played well most teams shrivel! Keep playing that way and the future looks quite good! go Huskies!!!! Keep providing the touches to the big man and good things will happen!
Mike

Meriden, CT

#8 Jan 21, 2008
I have been saying for while every part the game does not matter if you can't hit open jumpers and the other team hits theirs. Uconn's defense is good, it's break is good they just could never get anything in half court because they could never make a jumper. They made jumpers on a day that their competition did not and that equaled blowout. For the PC game they played well most of the game except they could not hit a shot and finally broke down completely. A bonus today was the inside offense of Thabeet. Good win, but along way to go. "Twomiler" back in the early 90s Uconn played BC twice and split the games each by over 25 points. I think Uconn won by 40 points one game and lost by 30 the other. Or back in the national championship year they beat G-Tech in the championship game and earlier in the year lost to them by 25.

“Never Let Them See You Sweat !”

Since: Jan 08

Philly

#9 Jan 21, 2008
I really hope this "one" win can carry over for the remaining part of the season. I've seen this team win a good game before only to revert back to the "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight " in the past.Good luck.
Rich

East Hartford, CT

#11 Jan 21, 2008
To THE TRUTH:

SAVE IT. In your long winded whining, you have said nothing to lead anyone to believe that you know anything about basketball. Go grab a tissue to wipe up your tears you sally!!
rick

Yorktown Heights, NY

#12 Jan 21, 2008
Me thinks that "The Truth" has some anger management issues.
UConnJack

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Jan 21, 2008
rick wrote:
Me thinks that "The Truth" has some anger management issues.
Maybe, but he's also right.
The Truth

Manchester, CT

#14 Jan 21, 2008
Maybe it was just a good day for the future Millionaire's Club!
Pats Fan

Manchester, CT

#15 Jan 21, 2008
GO GIANTS!!!
srishti srivastav224401

Hyderabad, India

#16 Jan 24, 2008
gfryxdfrjefhkoh
srishti srivastav224401

Hyderabad, India

#17 Jan 24, 2008
ftum76ou8y

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Providence Friars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cooley, Cotton Have Providence College Moving I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 hoopsterluvr 1
News Cooley committed to winning at Providence (Jul '11) Jul '11 Evans 1
News W.Va. 93, PC 63: Mountaineers level bewildered ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Paul D 1
News After tough summer, Friars moving on (Nov '10) Nov '10 bigdaddyo 1
News Jamine Peterson dismissed from PC hoop program (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ryan 1
News Keno Davis hints at wholesale change after Fria... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Paul D 1
News Sharaud Curry nominated for Bob Cousy award (Dec '09) Dec '09 Los 1
More from around the web