Providence UConn's No. 1 Roadblock

Providence UConn's No. 1 Roadblock

There are 10 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 31, 2009, titled Providence UConn's No. 1 Roadblock. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The good part about having suffered a few demoralizing losses to a certain team is that they remain in memory as points of reference, motivation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

PC always tough

Meriden, CT

#1 Jan 31, 2009
I was at the game last year...Ouch...my brother-in-law went to a vender at half when we were up 11 and came back they were down double digits....that was the worse game this crew of players has played...and I had season tickets the during the 18-14 season....down memory lane...the first Big East tourney game I attended live was watching the number seed Huskies with star Donnell Marshall lose to Eric Williams and the Friars in the semis at the Garden....or who could forget the Ryan Gomes game were Calhoun went nuts at reporters for continuely asking why did not recruit him......ah the memories....please Uconn blow these guys away and make some of the heartache disappear...

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

#2 Jan 31, 2009
#1 doesn't mean anything until the tournament is over. This game has to be treated like any other game on the schedule. The goal is to win them one game at a time.
friars

Madison, CT

#3 Jan 31, 2009
uconn has a tough game ahead of them. pc could win
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#4 Jan 31, 2009
THE GUYS WILL BURY THE FRIARS......
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

#5 Jan 31, 2009
Take no game for granted. That's what a No. 1 team should do, right? Be careful when you say "will" like that... I prefer "should". Remember when A.J. Price said "will" like that last year? If they play the way they are capable of playing, they SHOULD beat Providence. But Providence always scares UConn fans...
pizza pizza

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#6 Jan 31, 2009
Hello Channel 8???? NC vs NCstate. WTF
WCTX 9 is NOT channel 8

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#7 Jan 31, 2009
WCTX stupid, not WTNH
Bill

Durham, CT

#8 Jan 31, 2009
Any negative comments after this win? I saw a piece on lint on Stanley's uniform. The naysayers will have to wait another day. I know they are chomping at the bit.
Bill

Durham, CT

#9 Jan 31, 2009
3rd World Man wrote:
Take no game for granted. That's what a No. 1 team should do, right? Be careful when you say "will" like that... I prefer "should". Remember when A.J. Price said "will" like that last year? If they play the way they are capable of playing, they SHOULD beat Providence. But Providence always scares UConn fans...
Come back after the Louisvill game
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

#10 Jan 31, 2009
And your point is...? What did my comment on the Providence game (made before the game) have anything to do with the Louisville game? These polls are a crock of bull anyway. Perhaps the facetiousness didn't come through clearly enough the first time. The polls are more a measure of who's playing the best at this point in time, with a mild to lukewarm consideration on their work so far. I sure hope they do to Louisville on the road what they did to Notre Dame and West Virginia... that would be nice. I despise Rick Pitino.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Providence Friars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cooley, Cotton Have Providence College Moving I... (Feb '13) Feb '13 hoopsterluvr 1
News Cooley committed to winning at Providence (Jul '11) Jul '11 Evans 1
News W.Va. 93, PC 63: Mountaineers level bewildered ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Paul D 1
News After tough summer, Friars moving on (Nov '10) Nov '10 bigdaddyo 1
News Jamine Peterson dismissed from PC hoop program (Jun '10) Jun '10 Ryan 1
News Keno Davis hints at wholesale change after Fria... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Paul D 1
News Sharaud Curry nominated for Bob Cousy award (Dec '09) Dec '09 Los 1
More from around the web